Have a Christmas rant? This is the place for you!

I've been hold off on the venting, but I just can't resist...so here goes. DD12 has a very sweet friend that we just love and she was invited to spend the night a couple of nights ago.

So, the friend came over when I wasn't home. I get home and the friend is SICK. Hacking, coughing, sneezing sick. Since the daughter was away, her mom and step dad went to visit his dad in the hospital in OKC and wouldn't be back until the next day.

Sooo....you guessed it, now DD is sick and I'm starting to cough. Just lovely, my parents are coming in for Christmas later today and the house is a mess. Not to mention, my parents are crazy about illness. They might just turn around and drive back to Florida when they find out we are sick here!

You are nicer than me. I would have called the parents and told them they needed to come and get their sick daughter right away. While waiting I would have put her in a room by herself than thoroughly cleaned the room when she was gone. That would make me soooo mad. Next time she would not be coming over until I was home.

My dad, his gf, my two brothers, and their significant others always come to my house for 4-5 days. Great - I love them and I hate to travel. And we have plenty of room. However, not one of them will bring anything (wine, a dessert, whatever) or lift a finger while they are here. I know that as a hostess I shouldn't expect anything, that I should just host, but it would really be nice if someone would, like, put a glass in the dishwasher once in a while. Let alone pick up the tab for a grocery run.

Everyone is at least 33 years old, btw. Old enough to know better.

My Mom passed away 20 years ago, so this is me. Except I only get them all for the day, and have been feeling pretty pissy about it. (Janepod, you are a saint, or maybe a martyr). Really tried to get out of it this year, but one brother talked me into it. I had cancer this year, isn't that a good excuse?

Yeah, but if you have planes to go out of town for any length of time, it can really screw things up. I see no need for teachers to give assignments over the holidays, with maybe the exception of reading. Our school district rearranged the calendar for that kids would have finals before Christmas break, that way no homework over the holidays.

Oh and sorry you don't have a break, but it is called your job. Most people don't get 2 weeks either, but these are kids and they aren't employed in a full time job and getting paid. Christmas break should be left alone.

ETA, None of my kids or my friends with kids have EVER complained about them being bored. They somehow find something to do.

I agree. Teachers that give assignments over holidays need to get a life or have kids themselves. Infuriating.

Amen, jetski.

As a teacher, I expect to have to do work over the break or work longer before hand to get things done. I know my work load and can budget my time. I can make sure I don't have to bring work with me on vacation.

But when student projects, not a few worksheets but full-blown research projects, are distributed the last day before break and are due the day kids return, there's no budgeting time. This project is akin to a boss dropping a major project on your desk at 4:30 pm the day before you leave for vacation. I think most people have a name for that type of boss: Scrooge.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I just have no Christmas holiday anything spirit this year. Just not in the mood. Can't get it together. Bought cookies, didn't bake anything. Bought food for the potlucks. Skipping the parties.
Bought lots of gift cards (sick of seeing unopened gifts from last year). Just dreading everything about the season other then the few hours of my kids opening presents from santa.
Humbug.:sad1:
(more excited about wdw trip in 21 days!)

I guess mine is minor compared to most, but I am rather peeved by it.

I just received a card from one of my cousins. As you can see in my sig, I was married last year. I took my DH's name, as I'd kept my ex-husband's name and was MORE than happy to be rid of it. I sent this cousin a wedding invitation, so she knows I'm married ; she's on FB, so she knows my name and Lord knows I've posted about my DH enough, so she knows his name as well...

But the card is addressed to me. Only me. In my ex-husband's name :sad2:

Well, this Christmas officially has become the worst ever on record. Mom is in the hospital and they won't release her until at least Monday. Her platelets and white counts are low and so she is susceptible to infection and bleeding. Plus, low platelets means she can't take her blood thinners that she went on after having blood clots in her lungs in October.

She and I both needed a break and now... nothing. No family, no fun, no relaxation. Just more of the same. I am honestly to a point that I don't know what to do. I am so tired...

:grouphug:

I just received a card from one of my cousins. As you can see in my sig, I was married last year. I took my DH's name, as I'd kept my ex-husband's name and was MORE than happy to be rid of it. I sent this cousin a wedding invitation, so she knows I'm married ; she's on FB, so she knows my name and Lord knows I've posted about my DH enough, so she knows his name as well...

:flower3: I understand, it's annoying when people don't pay attention or are oblivious. My Christmas present from the SIL who doesn't like me is addressed to Mrs. John Doe. :rotfl2: We're not supposed to exchange gifts at all, but she's always got to have the last word.

I hear you, for the longest time I kept getting called by the ex wifes name. Cards come, but my name is excluded. Oh well, I am the do it all person who does not exist.:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter