Haunted Mansion- skip stretching room??

cmayton

Earning My Ears
Are you able to skip the stretching room at Haunted Mansion? I think my 3 and 5 year old would love the actual ride, but not sure how they would handle the stretching room scene.

Yes. Just tell the cast member you want to skip and it's no problem.

We did this with our daughter at 1.5 and it was no problem. We just told the castmember at the entrance that we wanted to skip the preshow, they had us wait at the opposite wall and then a cast member walked us through the back way which takes you to the other side of the stretching room.

We did this when our kids were little too. As the previous posters said, just tell a cast member when you get to the front of the line.

I do it all the time but there are a few on the disability board that say that sometimes the CM will not let you.

You can skip, but it doesn't always work. What I've found can happen is that you tell CM1 you need to skip, CM1 says to go to CM2 so you can skip....right about the time CM2 gets pulled away by someone else and CM3 very hurriedly directs you to the wrong place and you're stuck.

We have to use alternate entrance and really need to skip the stretch room, but every so often it doesn't work out.

Celebrities get to skip it all the time. Just tell them you are a famous soap opera star.

You can skip, but it doesn't always work. What I've found can happen is that you tell CM1 you need to skip, CM1 says to go to CM2 so you can skip....right about the time CM2 gets pulled away by someone else and CM3 very hurriedly directs you to the wrong place and you're stuck.

We have to use alternate entrance and really need to skip the stretch room, but every so often it doesn't work out.

This so happened to us in January. My husband loves this ride and really wanted four year old DD to ride it. I thought she'd be afraid of the stretching room so we asked to skip it and one CM pointed us in a vague direction and then nobody was there to help us and we ended up wandering around in the dark and DD got more and more scared until we finally had to leave. DH got upset because I was micromanaging by asking to skip in the first place and it led to by far our worst "that family" moment of our whole trip. And I'm afraid that she's ruined on it for awhile, or at least until she's quite a bit older. It's a memory she keeps talking about, "that dark old house where we got lost and couldn't see and everybody got mad." Disney magic right!?!

Anyway, I really wish we'd just done the stretching room and I'd hid her face during the scary parts. :scared: This was a rare disboards trick that totally did not work for us.

Sometimes I wish I could skip it just to avoid the annoying people who insist on reciting the narration!

Sometimes I wish I could skip it just to avoid the annoying people who insist on reciting the narration!
Or those that find it necessary to talk loudly the whole time the spiel is happening in the foyer (my fave part) and those that feel they need to scream like idiots in the stretching room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter