Has this happened to anyone?

Maridw

DIS Veteran
Last November we stayed at CSR. They have the gates that guests use their room keys to get through on the road that circles the resort.

The couple times we took our car out, when we returned the gate opened without having to use our key. DH (joker that he is) says it is because they know he is (and I quote) "Da Man!" (LOL)

I am talking this happened not only during the day, but late evening too. He said it did not happen with anyone else, only him because he is "Special".

Please, please, please, someone tell me that it has done it for them too. That you have not had to use your room key to activate the gate. Otherwise there will be no living with him.

His new nickname is "Mr. Incredible". If you have seen the trailer where Mr Incredible is trying to get him belt on, then that is my DH. I keep threatening to go buy a belt for his uniform that is two sizes too small. (ROTFL) - (It would serve him right.)

If the security guard sees you driving with card in hand he will activate the gate so you can drive through. I have had the gate open automatically for me quite a few times.

They try to delight the guests and if they see you and remember you they will open the gate.

Uncle Albert

I know that after coming & going a few times at Ft.W the guards go to know us and would just wave us on through. Plus we had our resort pass on the dashboard.

I think next trip you should get him t-shirts with "Da MAN!" or "Mr INCREDIBLE" or "SPECIAL" written on them.:)

Winka,
Sounds like a plan, I just might have to do that.

By the way, my DH also loves Beverly at Ice Station Cool. He shocked someone this last visit by getting one of the cups full of it and drinking it straight down without stopping. The guy next to him was waiting for the "Beverly" Face that everyone else gets, but not from DH. This guy just could not believe it.

DH wants to find out how to get some.

The gates that they have at CSR have no guards at them, but there might be some way for them to see who is coming and going through them from the main guard gate near the entrance.

That blows his theory out the window. LOL Thanks all. I can't wait to break the news to him. I guess I will have to print out this thread to show him.

Originally posted by Maridw

By the way, my DH also loves Beverly at Ice Station Cool. He shocked someone this last visit by getting one of the cups full of it and drinking it straight down without stopping. The guy next to him was waiting for the "Beverly" Face that everyone else gets, but not from DH. This guy just could not believe it.
Well!:) A man with TASTE.;) He certainly must be "Da MAN.":p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter