Has this ever happened to you? UPDATE on Lynnie's back saga!

LynniethePooh

Her ECV has a propensity to aim at guys named Ed
Here I was, Monday evening, getting ready to hit the bed....I reached over to remove my sweater from the end of the bed....and BAMM ......my back went out! Now.....I understand everyone needs to get out and relax now and again.......BUT GEEZ! I do not think my back understands the need to always be with me! I cannot STAND being without my back! He is still out....I bet having a blast....as I suffer in pain....I think this is rather rude if you ask me!

So what should I do? Call the police? I called the doctor....took him forver to get back to me.....got myself some delightful pain pills....woohoo....but still not the same......you cannot replace a good back with pills...just doesn't work that way!

So any idea where backs hang at when they go out? Should I call there? and beg for my back to return?

I am sad, annoyed and mad.....just don't know what to do!

Even my legs get weak when my back is not around!

all I can say right now is OH BOTHER!

Dear Lynnie,

If it was me and my back, I think my back would go to Disney World.

Dont you hate when your body parts are out having more fun then you are.

Darlene

Well, I certainly can SYMPATHIZE.
I had shoulder surgery earlier tis month -- so I am laying and sitting around a lot due to that. A week ago Sunday I was on the floor, on my knees. I reached out to pick up a dog toy and BAMM!
The next morning I could not stand and was in intense pain. :( DH wanted to call 911. But I was too vain. (in PJ's had bed hair and all.) And I wondered what heck could do anyway.
It took around 40 minutes, but I finally got on my feet. (Ever so slowly and rested with each inch.) DH drove me to the doc's and a physical therapist (who I also had to see for my shoulder :rolleyes: ).
Here's what I was told. Laying and sitting is bad. That's what made my back muscles weak. And the result was my stiff muscles were over stretched and I had a pinched nerve. :(
ICE your back. Heat will make it stiff. Take an anti-inflammatory, if you have one. (Luckily I had Lodine on hand.)
The PT said there really isn't much that you can do. Make sure you have pillow support when you lay or sit. Don't lay, sit or stand in one position for too long. (You will get stiff all over again.) And when you get up, don't bob, but kinda lean/stretch backwards with your hand/arm across your lower back. And DON'T bend forward any more than you just HAVE to!!
Good luck!!! It is VERY painful! It was far worse than the surgery!

Oh -- I forgot to mention --
I have been told by a couple of doctors, for pain (back ache, headache, etc) when in a pinch for pain killers, take 4 Advil. Four advil equal the prescription strength.

Lynnie I know just how you feel...2 yrs ago Christmas, my back went when I tried to get the Turkey out of the oven.....
Well needless to say, I of course couldn't drop it, and the rest was history....I couldn't walk, only crawl..

They had me scheduled for my 2nd back surgery, and I thought ...NO WAY JOSE!!!

I found a super great Chiropractor, (my first time, even though my brother, and sister-in-law were each Chiro. in Canada)

My bro. told me what to have him do, and he followed his instructions to a teeee, and I go about every 2 months, but no surgery, and no more pain either... Also icing the area is very important...

No way was my back going to party at Disney w/o me...

I feel your pain....

Sorry to hear your back is out... Hope it comes back soon.:)

Nothing like our bodies to slow us down!

It's a message.. to simply Relax, take some Alleve and SIT STILL!
We live in a fast paced society that functions on stress, bad nutrition, anxiety
and simply not enough hours in a day!

Sept 11, 2001
Changed that for many of us.
Rest when you must, say NO once in awhile! Say your prayers.
Put your family and your well being first!
And trade Pins!

Stay Safe! Kathy

For all your well wishes and sympathies!
I have been doing some of your suggestions (the icepack) but I am going to take your advice about the other stuff too! I have always thought about a Chiro......guess this would be good time to investigate that!

AND if my back is indeed in WDW......he better have a truckload of pins on his return if he knows what is good for him!!!

P.s. My back is feeling a little bit better today......only 5 minutes to get out of bed today! WOOHOO! :)

Lynne, hope you take it easy & get your back in shape again soon. Just think, someday soon you will get a package in the mail (when we make a decision!!).

It happened to me a few years ago...I'm single, and as much as I love and adore my kitties, they couldn't help me get out of bed...every time I tried I had spasms in my sacral area that were so severe it felt like I had a vice grip surrounding me. Finally, with time, I was able to "slither" out of bed staying "horizonal"...not an easy feat ...to get to the phone to the doc...she prescribed skelaxin, a muscle relaxer worth its weight in gold...I was able to get to the pharmacy (finally could walk semi upright!) and get it. It worked great...I have it at home now just in case...haven't had a repeat episode, and hope I don't, but I'm ready...do hope, Lynne, that you're feeling better soon!

You are making me cry with all your kind words! Thanks for letting me whine about my injury! I did go to the ORTHO guy yesterday......having an MRI tomorrow...he thinks my slighty bulging disc decided to herniate....NOT what I wanted him to say!!!! I am on steriods...and the pain has eased off.....Pain is a funny thing......if I had this current level of pain last week....it would have been horrific....but since I experienced that AWFUL pain this week.....this doesn't seem so bad.......and that mild scaitica pain I USED to complain about....ehhhh piece of cake now....lol

I did hear from my back.......he called.....said he is not sure when he will return. He needed time away. Said he sick of not feeling appreciated.....felt I took him for granted. I asked him if he was having a PMS moment...he did NOT see the humor in that......:) I did plead my case, telling but I do appreciate you etc......he just said "blah....talk to the hand".

I am going to see about a Chiro......hey......maybe my back is there...waiting for a LOVING body to care for him!

Oh geez......I need to lay off those pain pills......I am a little goofy today....lol

BE CAREFUL if you go to a Chiro!
I have a herniated neck desk. :rolleyes: (Yes, had an MRI years ago...)
I was told by a PT, internalist and my neurosurgeon, that going to a Chiro would be one of the worst things I could do to further injure myself.
I would wait and see, but just a suggestion. (But they also tell me to stay off jerky, fast moving rides. And I haven't stopped yet...)
{{{ }}}

Just saying hi...and that my boyfriend also has the same problem with his back, it can go out JUST LIKE THAT at any time!

But it does get better in time, and with pills. There IS hope!

Pixie dust for a speedy recovery!! *******

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter