Has the price of DCL chased you away?

I can tell you that Princess is an amazing ship. It's the only cruise line my parents would take when I was growing up and I did the Alaska as a kid. I had a blast, love the teen club on the ship. I am a totally Disney fanatic and loved sailing on the Disney cruise line, but wouldn't hesitate to sail Princess again.

I will say that out of all our cruises, next to our first experiences on Disney, the Princess ship we did is our favorite out of all the others.

Wow, I didn't know they did the Baltic. We took her to Bermuda last year and really liked the ship. Your costs for the Baltic are amazing. Let me know if you like the ship.
The Getaway is in the Baltics this year and the Breakaway next year. I have sailed on the Getaway and liked it. Like I said in PP I may cancel the Breakaway Baltic and do the WBTA on DCL next year. It just depends on WBTA's cost and itinerary.

The Getaway is in the Baltics this year and the Breakaway next year. I have sailed on the Getaway and liked it. Like I said in PP I may cancel the Breakaway Baltic and do the WBTA on DCL next year. It just depends on WBTA's cost and itinerary.

Yeah, we have our eye on next year's WBTA too. This year's was such an amazing price (cheaper than we paid in 2007), I hope that is repeated next year.

I've been on the Getaway and the Escape. Hubby & I both think we liked the Getaway a little better. ;)

Short answer, yes it has. I've cruised in January on the Fantasy (with some shorter cruises thrown in). We did that cruise in 2014 and 2015 and loved it, so I booked it again for 2018. The price had gone up $600 per person for the exact same cruise (on the first day they had announced prices with OBB) since 2014 and $350 since 2015.

We took a hard look at how much we really wanted to cruise at that point. Yes, I can still afford it and yes, I still love Disney. But at that price point, I could easily spend a week on St. John. Or Hawaii. Heck, maybe even Europe. I really can't justify that cost on a one week cruise. I also don't know that I want to try other cruise lines. We did a Med cruise on NCL and it was great, but that was because of the itinerary, not the ship. The ship was fine.

Will I be back? Definitely once I have kids. I also want to try out the new ships. But before then? I doubt I'll be cruising. I'll just be reading the boards for all of the latest news instead :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter