Has OKW notified you when room ready, or you call them?

Donna M

DIS Veteran
We're heading to OKW next week. On the past two trips our room was not available when we checked in so we waited till after 4 and called. In both cases, when I called they said the room was ready. I'm wondering just when the room was actually ready. And when were they going to call us?

What has been your experience? I don't want to keep bugging them, but I'd like to get in the room as soon as possible.

The past couple years they have texted us. We were there March 31 and our text came at 2:30. We arrived around ten so not a long wait.

I guess I need to get with the times and have them text me instead of call.

I guess I need to get with the times and have them text me instead of call.

Even then, it isn't a bad idea to call once an hour or so. The one time we had "we'll call you when the room is ready" we called them before they called (or texted, I can't remember) us. It wasn't OKW, it was BWV, but same deal.

We're heading to OKW next week. On the past two trips our room was not available when we checked in so we waited till after 4 and called. In both cased, when I called they said the room was ready. I'm wondering just when the room was actually ready. And when were they going to call us?

What has been your experience? I don't want to keep bugging them, but I'd like to get in the room as soon as possible.

We've had really good luck with having them text us when the room is ready. At one check-in, we were texted an hour after having checked in. We've done the text notification probably the last 4 or 5 stays there.

We were there last week and I checked in (online too) at about 1:00. Could have had room near Turtle Pond right away but wanted to wait for a room closer to HH which is what I requested when I did the online checkin. At 2:52 I got a text letting me know that the room was ready and the room number. Very smooth.

We average around 12 check ins per year and the room ready system sucks. Out of 12 check ins, we get notified maybe 5 times. Doesn't seem to matter where you are staying and management has told me that they have problems.

I will add that we are at WDW now and so far we are 2 of 2 being texted so things are looking up.

:earsboy: Bill

We stayed at OKW over President's Day this past February. The place was a maximum capacity but well organized and while I was expecting it to be hours before we could get into our villa, we were pleasantly surprised! We checked in at about 11am (had done online too), knowing full well we were unlikely to get in before 4pm and quite possibly later given the crowds. We elected to have them text us when the room was ready. I swear we no sooner rounded the corner of Olivia's and were heading toward the playground when we got the text! So we U-turned and got our room keys (and went back to the playground later!). :goodvibes It was great & hope the same for your upcoming trip!

When we have them text it works most of the time. When we have them call (in the past) or almost never worked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter