Has it been a year already...Snowmedic's Feb. - March 2017 pre-trip, trip report.

Time for a soak in the hot tub, then a little nap before going to the harbour walk for the evening.

I went looking for funny GIF links related to the subject "hot tub" and got :scared1: WAY more than I was looking for.

So....

Glad you made it to the "Guf Coast".

Kick back and enjoy the surroundings.

I'll be following along. party:

Bama Ed

Still using my old I-phone, please excuse ant typo's or spell check.
Left Vt. Wed. and stopped in Albany for early dinner, 4:00, and decided to just run down 95 . It was a good gamble considering that would put me in Newark @ 7:30. We did not run into any traffic problems and the only construction, I couldn't believe it was in Sc. Was able to drive 10 over the speed limit the entire way down. Sitting outside my mom's house while typing this and just heard EAFB play revelry of in the distance. So, we got to Destin and stretched for a while then decided to go to the hot tub, walked up and it is closed maintance along with the pool. They are waiting for parts. My sister said we could go over and soak in her hot tub. Went to the harbour walk last night and was disappointed there also, nothing open there, only the restaurants, so with sadness in our hearts, we went and got 2 milkshakes from Sonic and called it a night. Been up 42 hrs. @ that point.

Today is beautiful, we will find ourselves going over to Panama beach to Ron Jon's surf shop, never been to that one. Then to Blue Water Bay marina to check out all the nice yachts, then back to Destin for Harbour walk and lunch @ Lu Lu's and swimming in the Gulf. Pics of all the fun to follow.

I just watched the live feed cam from ocean reef resorts website so that I could see the beach and feel like I'm there with you- looks like a gorgeous day for a swim!!

It's a beautiful day here in Cincinnati, 72 and sunny and because Cincinnati is crazy the forecast for tomorrow includes snow :furious:

Have fun and get some sleep!!

42 hours. That's impressive.

You have to be young... and work nights. I did nights for 12 years. 36 hours was my max before I started getting really crabby. (DW would say 12-15. :D)

Not too surprised about the Harbor Walk. That's the one thing I don't like about Destin. Once school goes back, the tourist places roll up the sidewalks.

And where's LuLu's in Destin? I though she just had the place in Gulf Shores.

j

The one in Gulf Shores used to be my wife's favorite. This past Dismeet over Memorial Day myself and @SouthAlabama5er along with the family ate there. Stacey found 3 hairs in her nachos and KABLAM!, Off the to do list went Lu Lu's.

We refer to it now as the Hairball Special.

Wasn't aware of one in Destin. I know the Bass Pro and unfortunately the outlet mall.

DW thinks she seen LuLu's by Anglers pier. Will check it out later, at Ron Jon's in Panama beach.

We refer to it now as the Hairball Special.
We went there this past May too. Didn't find any hair. That may be due to the sand pail size drinks we had while we were waiting. 8-)

DW thinks she seen LuLu's by Anglers pier. Will check it out later, at Ron Jon's in Panama beach.
I Googled the one in Destin. It's up on the intercoastal right by the toll bridge.

j

I Googled the one in Destin. It's up on the intercoastal right by the toll bridge.

I knew that one was there, she just thought she seen on by harbour walk. If there isn't one there AJ's will do.

I knew that one was there, she just thought she seen on by harbour walk. If there isn't one there AJ's will do.
I started to ask if AJs was back. I remember they had a huge fire, but I just Googled it and it said it was a year ago, February 9th, 2016. I'm guessing it's been rebuilt by now.

Ca0MofKWwAIyMzk.jpg

j

Last edited:
@tiggerdad sent me a news story from AJ's catching on fire but when we were here last March it had just reopened. As for LuLu's, nope, not near the Harbour Walk, just Bay Bridge.

Today was a beautiful day on the Gulf. Drove over to Panama City and checked out the beach stores. Ron Jon's is about a 1/4 the size of the one in Cocoa, but still a nice store. Went across the street to walk the pier but they closed for a few minutes to bring fireworks out to the end. Today is Panama City's mardi gras celebration. So went next door and had a great lunch with DW,DD, and my mother at Hook'd. Came back and dropped of my mom and then the 3 of us went to the Boardwalk and Harbour Walk.
At the boardwalk we went out on to the pier and then put our feet in the water, :scared: it was a little cold for this northern boy but DD played and laid down in the water. After went to Harbour walk, it was a little more of a happening place compared to last night. DW got her drink in a pineapple and I got a margarita. DD wanted to play in the big hampster ball as she calls it, but we told her we still have 2 days left and she is going to do that on Sunday. Came back to my moms and put t-bones on the grill for dinner.

Going over to Freeport to spend the day/night with my sister and her husband, and finally get to soak in a hot tub.

You have to be young... and work nights.

Well, I'm not as young as I use to be, and doing concrete work for the past 20 yrs. has really put a hurting on the body, especially the back and knees. I do work nights but only during the winter months when it takes concrete longer to set and finish. I will do a couple of 36 hrs. straight a few times during the month.
On our way home we are going to take it easy and stop for the night somewhere. The Rav just isn't comfortable for driving long distance driving.

I am glad to see you and the family made it safely to the Panhandle region of Florida and OMG enjoying yourselves. Enjoy and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter