Has ground been broken on a new park at DW?

gravymom

Mouseketeer
My DH heard a rumor that ground had been broken on a new park at DW. Is there any truth to this?

TIA

Amy

Haven't heard about anything. Where is it going to be located?

He does not know. He just hear that there was suppossed to be a new park being built somewhere down at WDW.

Anyone else know anything about this??

The Fifth gate at WDW is on indefinate hold. Until better financial times come along, there won't be a fifth gate...Epcot and DAK are both doing attendance numbers that are drastically under what they should be. Look to see enhancements there first.

The same goes for the third gate at DL. The strawberry fields that were to be that park will become a golf course instead.

As stated before in an earlier post rumors of a fifth park have been mistaken for new construction on Shades of Green and the former Disney Institute.

Larry

thanks heavens....I was a bit concerned when I read the title to this thread.
With the Pop Century is still in it's extended limbo, WDW doesn't need any more brick and mortar major expenses to bear in this uncertain time for all the tourism industry.
Four parks are just fine with me !!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Originally posted by dzneelvr

Four parks are just fine with me !!

I can't be the only one who thinks that 4 parks is one too many, can I? I guess the good news is AK keeps some crowds away from the other parks.

Or perhaps they are confusing the ground breaking of a "new park" with the ground breaking over at AK for their new attraction.

The New Park is going to be Built on the site of the 2nd Theme Park now called Epcot.

It's sadly funny to hear people wondering if they are building another park. At the rate that things are going at WDW, I'm just hoping that they keep the ones that they presently have open. :cool:

Originally posted by luvindisneyworld
What is the new ATTRACTION at AK?
Forbidden Mountain: Legend of the Yeti. Nothing has been officially announced, everything is still a rumor, but Disney just announced a media conference for AK on April 21st/22nd to coincide with the park's 5th anniversary. Announcement of new ride or just hype? We will have to wait and see.

As a cast member I can tell you guys that there is definately no plans for a fifth theme park anytime in the near future. There are major plans for epcot though, not a new theme park put in epcots place of course, but ALOT of new stuff there.

-Dan :)

Project Gemini /Epcot Discoverland. Last update I saw was from late Feb. What is the latest info?

Originally posted by Demosthenes
I can't be the only one who thinks that 4 parks is one too many, can I? I guess the good news is AK keeps some crowds away from the other parks.

We love AK! My oldest DD (7 yo) loves AK. My parents who hate Disney (my dad grew up in Clermont and he and his whole family think Disney "ruined" central FL) love AK. My mom even wants to go back to WDW---and only go to AK :eek: .

I'm a hardcore ride Nazi/tour commando who sees Sehlinger's "Unofficial Guide" as my WDW bible, but I totally disagree with his contention that AK is a half day park. We spend 2-3 full days there every trip. There's so much to see and learn.

JMHO, of course ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter