Has anyone (women) decided to pack 1 outfit/color?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by ILoveMyDVC, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Dashzap

Dashzap DIS Veteran

Sundresses are so comfortable when it is hot out, but sadly at WDW I have to wear New Balance running shoes so the dresses stay home. While I don't care about fashion I'm not quite ready to wear running shoes and socks with a dress.

ILoveMyDVC likes this.
  2. Gigi@Disney

Gigi@Disney HiYa Mouseketeers

What self-tanner do you use? I'm also a SPF fanatic.

ILoveMyDVC likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. ILoveMyDVC

ILoveMyDVC DIS Veteran

Love the shorts under the dress idea!

Gigi@Disney likes this.
  5. ILoveMyDVC

ILoveMyDVC DIS Veteran

The Magic Band has cut down on a lot of park baggage. I have an armband that will hold lipstick (yeah, first thing I will insist upon on my deathbed); Chaptsick & Band-aids. If I can find shorts/capris/dresses with pockets for license and DVC membership card (how silly we still need to carry the card) and forgo any purse.

Gigi@Disney likes this.
  6. Dashzap

Dashzap DIS Veteran

I like pockets, too. I carry a cell phone, chapstick, downsized wallet (credit card, health insurance card and id...just in case), and umbrella in my pockets and skip a bag. My hair is short so I even skip a comb.

7. ILoveMyDVC

ILoveMyDVC DIS Veteran

hahaha - my hair is really long and I never carry a comb (or a brush). The phone is the problem. What to do with the phone which is sometimes x 2 for work. I need it to be fairly waterproof and easily accessible.

8. xjillianpaige

xjillianpaige mermaid hair don't care.

I haven't done this for Disney, but I did do it when I went to Ireland. I brought all blacks/grays/whites. I figured I'd be in a raincoat for every picture anyway, so I didn't care and that way I always matched.

For Disney I've brought more colorful tops, but I wear them with jeans or black bottoms, so it doesn't much matter what's on top because again, very easy to match.

In general I tend to wear lots of neutrals or earthy colors.

9. ILoveMyDVC

ILoveMyDVC DIS Veteran

I did it for Italy and it was the best packed trip. Every day was easy to put together. Still a variety because the climates were different in the different parts of the country but everything matched. Those overseas luggage rules make one think a little bit more.

Missymoe4 likes this.
  10. powellrj

powellrj DIS Veteran

Gigi@Disney likes this.
  11. Gigi@Disney

Gigi@Disney HiYa Mouseketeers

12. bluezy

bluezy DIS Veteran

Have you looked at something like this? My daughter-in-law used this on our last Disney trip and I bought one as soon as we got home. I've used it several times (though not at Disney yet). It's very convenient. You can easily use your phone through the plastic and there's room to put a credit card and some cash in the pouch with the phone.

Dashzap likes this.
  13. ILoveMyDVC

ILoveMyDVC DIS Veteran

Nice. It is an Amazon site for others that want to click.

Dashzap likes this.
  14. Missymoe4

Missymoe4 Mouseketeer

Actually, this is what I do. I have 10 black Disney t-shirts that I mix and match with colorful bottoms. It may sound odd, but it makes life easier for me.

By the way, I wear black in August. People always say black is hotter. Modern day clothing and fabric is not like yesteryear and tends to be lighter (possibly even a cheaper fabric). Hot is hot in June, July, August and September.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    ILoveMyDVC and Dashzap like this.
  15. ILoveMyDVC

ILoveMyDVC DIS Veteran

Yes, yes, yes! Black is one of the most popular summer colors. Love the yesteryear reference.

Missymoe4 and Dashzap like this.
  16. janicept

janicept Mouseketeer

Kind of: jeans, T-shirts, one pair of sneakers, and one pair of sandals. Everything goes with everything. I'm not someone that collects shoes, jewelry, and handbags. I only wear a watch and wedding rings. I carry one of those little "purses" that are the size of a credit card that has a key chain. To the parks I just put a couple cards and my license in my pocket. I like to spend my money on vacations :).

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    Missymoe4, ILoveMyDVC and Dashzap like this.
  17. Dashzap

Dashzap DIS Veteran

Bummer. Too small for my phone.

Question:
    Will it fit the Nexus 6p?
    Answer:
    Hi Amazon Customer,
    Unfortunately, your phone is too big for this case.
    Voxkin
    By Voxkin on July 13, 2016

18. Missymoe4

Missymoe4 Mouseketeer

Thank you :)

ILoveMyDVC likes this.
  19. lwc

lwc Mouseketeer

20. bluezy

bluezy DIS Veteran

I also use this Baggalini Bryant bag. My phone is about 6" x 3" and it fits in the outer pocket as well as inside. This bag is small, but when I use it at Disney I can fit a cheap rain poncho, lip gloss, credit card, cash, and a few tissues inside of it. And it's waterproof. I usually got waved right through the bag check line at the parks with barely a glance inside the bag.

Gigi@Disney likes this.
  21. ILoveMyDVC

ILoveMyDVC DIS Veteran

I have a "park purse"! Don't know the brand except it is not Vera. Oddly, I can't remember where I put it. It wasn't in the 'park' drawer.