Has anyone walked down the aisle by themselves?

The day of my father's funeral a single Monarch butterfly landed on his casket and stayed there for the longest time. When the funeral was over it hung around us until we got to the limo and left the cemetary. Seems kinda unbelievable but it really happened. Maybe I will put a butterfly charm in my bouquet

The Monarch totally was a sign. Since you're a fellow Swarovski girl- you could put a swarovski or crystal butterfly in your bouquet (almost resting in the flowers). It would symbolize him being there. Just a thought. I know how hard it is to find an appropriate way to honor someone you love so much. For my dad, I simply had a memorial candle and his wedding band attached to my bouquet because I would've lost it had there been anything more. You have to find what's right for you.

And as far as walking in alone--it's completely fine. I considered it, but did end up having my brother walk me in. However, we excluded the father/daughter, mother/son dance at the reception. I like what you're doing (dedicating the song)-- very classy way to honor him during the reception. :hug:

The Monarch totally was a sign. Since you're a fellow Swarovski girl- you could put a swarovski or crystal butterfly in your bouquet (almost resting in the flowers). It would symbolize him being there. Just a thought. I know how hard it is to find an appropriate way to honor someone you love so much. For my dad, I simply had a memorial candle and his wedding band attached to my bouquet because I would've lost it had there been anything more.

I really like this idea, the butterflies they sell are really beautiful. I like this yellow one:

861934W240.jpg

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter