Has anyone used the Planet Hollywood 15 buck voucher?? I have questions..

I also had a question with the $15 food voucher-

Can you use it for something, like and appetizer & a soda that would total under $15? So its like a free meal? Or is there a minimum you must spend?

I checked my package info and it doesn't state anything that says it can't be used in this manner. Then again it says that the souvenier is free. No mention of purchase of anything with it. So if they're pulling a 'free' with purchase on a silly keyring, I can see them trying to stop us from using it and not spending any actual out of pocket money.

I'll use the voucher if its not costing me anything extra but I really have no interest in Planet Hollywood otherwise.

Can you use it for something, like and appetizer & a soda that would total under $15? So its like a free meal? Or is there a minimum you must spend?

I checked my package info and it doesn't state anything that says it can't be used in this manner. Then again it says that the souvenier is free. No mention of purchase of anything with it. So if they're pulling a 'free' with purchase on a silly keyring, I can see them trying to stop us from using it and not spending any actual out of pocket money.

I'll use the voucher if its not costing me anything extra but I really have no interest in Planet Hollywood otherwise.

That's what I want to do, too. Hope it is possible.

That may depend on who your server is. I go down to WDW several times a year and only go to PH if I'm going solo that trip. The first couple of times I used one, I ordered just a burger and glass of water and it was no problem. I just had to pay the tip. The third time I tried to use one, I told the waitress I had the $15.00 voucher, she asked to see it, then let me order my burger and water. Afterwards she then tried to tell me I had to order something else (dessert or something) because the total had to be over $15.00. I told her I didn't think so and she should have told me before letting me order, besides that is not stated on the voucher. I then left the voucher on the table and walked out. The fourth time I used one, I was allowed to order my burger and water again with no problem.:confused3

I don't know why they have to make this so complicated. I normally just trash mine but I thought about just getting a dessert with it this time. I bet they wont do it.

I don't know why they have to make this so complicated. I normally just trash mine but I thought about just getting a dessert with it this time. I bet they wont do it.

They're probably making it so complicated because of what's called a 'bait and switch'. They figure most of us won't go to PH without this free 15 dollars and then once they get us there, they want us to actually spend money once we've eaten.

That being said, they've clearly written some kind of legal mumbo jumbo on the certificate and it says no where that purchases must exceed $15. If I was the poster who ordered the burger and water and had a problem, I would've asked to speak with the manager. It could then even be escalated to guest services or whoever is overseeing these restaurants and certificates at the Disney Company. Let PH deal with them not the customer who is merely using part of the package that they paid for.

It really does sound like more trouble than its worth and if memory serves PH is not exactly near Ghiradelli's and that area of DtD that I'd stick too. And I've read really good things about the Earl of Sandwhich and would rather spend my calories there.

I wish that Disney would scrape the free keychain and this certificate and give me one of those $12 refillable mugs instead. It even saves them $3 and I'd get more use out of it. Most of the package extras are useless to me and I just wanted the 4/3 deal anyway. There's only two extras that really seem like a good deal and that's only if you're a solo traveler: the mini golf and the arcade.

Most of the package extras are useless to me and I just wanted the 4/3 deal anyway. There's only two extras that really seem like a good deal and that's only if you're a solo traveler: the mini golf and the arcade.

The Photopass certificate seems like a good one, except for some reason, my documents were missing that certificate. :(

They're probably making it so complicated because of what's called a 'bait and switch'. They figure most of us won't go to PH without this free 15 dollars and then once they get us there, they want us to actually spend money once we've eaten.

That being said, they've clearly written some kind of legal mumbo jumbo on the certificate and it says no where that purchases must exceed $15. If I was the poster who ordered the burger and water and had a problem, I would've asked to speak with the manager. It could then even be escalated to guest services or whoever is overseeing these restaurants and certificates at the Disney Company. Let PH deal with them not the customer who is merely using part of the package that they paid for.

I wish that Disney would scrape the free keychain and this certificate and give me one of those $12 refillable mugs instead. It even saves them $3 and I'd get more use out of it. Most of the package extras are useless to me and I just wanted the 4/3 deal anyway. There's only two extras that really seem like a good deal and that's only if you're a solo traveler: the mini golf and the arcade.

I didn't even bother to speak to a manager. I simply ate my burger and handed her the voucher. It was after I had already eaten that she decided I had to buy something else in order to use the voucher. I simply told her the voucher did not say that and that I had used them already for previous trips that same year. I then stood up and walked out. She didn't try to stop me.

I agree I wish they would give us free mugs instead of the PH stuff. I also don't use the minigolf or arcade vouchers either. I currently have trips booked for May, Sept/Oct, and Dec. I plan on finding some kid down there to give the arcarde vouchers to.

The Photopass certificate seems like a good one, except for some reason, my documents were missing that certificate. :(

In order to get the photopass voucher you had to book online. People booking over the phone did not get them this year. Which way did you book? There's been a few threads about this, but I can't seem to find one right now.

In order to get the photopass voucher you had to book online. People booking over the phone did not get them this year. Which way did you book? There's been a few threads about this, but I can't seem to find one right now.

Yeah, I've been involved in those threads, so there's no need to hash it all out again here. Basically, I booked online, changed my resort via phone, kept the same confirmation number, but didn't get the voucher. I was told by two CMs that I didn't get the voucher because I booked 4+3. I'm going to speak to concierge at my resort when I check in before giving up and admitting, hey it's only $15.

Just got back from a long weekend at WDW. We went to Planet Hollywood and asked at the outside stairs if we could use the voucher at the bar for a non alcoholic drink. They said yes and waved us on before the line.

At the bar we showed the bartender the voucher and asked if we could order a non alcoholic Pina Colada. He then asked another bartender and the answer was yes! No questions asked and they were all very nice about it. It was huge and very delish!

(At the gift shop at the bottom of the stairs, we got a free key chain.)

Just got back from a long weekend at WDW. We went to Planet Hollywood and asked at the outside stairs if we use the voucher at the bar for a non alcoholic drink. They said yes and waved us on before the line.

At the bar we showed the bartender the voucher and asked if we could order a non alcoholic Pina Colada. He then asked another bartender and the answer was yes! No questions asked and they were all very nice about it. It was huge and very delish!

(At the gift shop at the bottom of the stairs, we got a free key chain.)

Good to know! We are booked using the AP with dining plan for next weekend so we'll give that a try, and let everyone know what happens. We originally booked at Port Orleans Riverside and then changed resorts to Port Orleans French Quarter and Disney sent us two separate envelopes so we have two of everything. We have 60 minutes of arcade time (which we likely won't use), 2 free photos, 2 $15 Planet Hollywood vouchers, etc.

I am hoping that we can each use one of the vouchers to play a round of miniature golf! It can't hurt to try!

Good to know! We are booked using the AP with dining plan for next weekend so we'll give that a try, and let everyone know what happens. We originally booked at Port Orleans Riverside and then changed resorts to Port Orleans French Quarter and Disney sent us two separate envelopes so we have two of everything. We have 60 minutes of arcade time (which we likely won't use), 2 free photos, 2 $15 Planet Hollywood vouchers, etc.

I am hoping that we can each use one of the vouchers to play a round of miniature golf! It can't hurt to try!

Do us all a favor, and report back on if you were allowed to use two vouchers on the golf at a time. We'll have two vouchers (have 2 rooms, but only the DD & her BFF would be interested in playing so could send them with both vouchers if they'll take two from one party)

I too am curious about the 2 vouchers....we have a split 4/3 ressie and will receive 2 of everything....I have always ditched the Planet Hollywood Vouchers. I thought maybe this year we would go there for DD birthday so was wondering if I could use both vouchers. So is this free Key Chain with the merchandise voucher or just something they give you? My Maiden name is Hollywood so I could give them to my parents....:rotfl2: Also would my 2 kids be able to use the 2 arcade vouchers at the same time?

Thanks all!

Someone asked if this could be used the day before you check in to Disney. Does anyone know or do we have to show our room key? I would like to use it the night that we drive down, but if not, it's no big deal. :)

I received my pkt for my May trip just the other day. I just went and got it and the Planet Hollywood $15 Meal vchr says:

'Redeem this voucher at Planet Hollywood located in the downtown Disney West Side to receive a credit of $15 valid for food and nonalcoholic beverages only. VIP seating is available from 11am-6pm. Voucher and Resort ID card are required for redemption. Voucher is nontransferable. Dine in only. Lost or stolen vouchers will not be replaced. Voucher is not valid with any other offer, discount, or promotion and may not be redeemed for cash in whole or in part. Offer subject to change without notice. Not valid to be used in conjunction with the Disney Dining Program. Voucher must be redeemed on or prior to check-out of the resort hotel. Valid one certificate per room. Valid for travel 1/1/09-1/15/10. Voucher not valid for future stays.'

Then it has a bar code and my name on it.

Someone asked if this could be used the day before you check in to Disney. Does anyone know or do we have to show our room key? I would like to use it the night that we drive down, but if not, it's no big deal. :)

Read the above quote. It was taken directly from my PH voucher. Also the dates of my resort stay are printed at the top of the voucher on the upper right hand side so they know the dates of your stay.

I have a question can this $15 voucher be used to just order the VIP appetizer ($24.99) we were going to have a light meal that night and just check the restaurant out, in all our visits we haven't been..

Thanks for the thread - we find using these voucher way more difficult than it should be. We've had both good/bad experience and I think a lot depends on the server. However, we were going to skip this trip - but my GD really wants to go - so about our only choice is arrival day for an early lunch. But, that would be before we check into our resort and it doesn't seem like we can use it then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter