Has anyone used an airport hotel for red eye arrival? How to get to resort hotel?

imjen

DIS Veteran
Our flight will be arriving from Utah at about 4:30 am (2:30 am Utah time). I read that it can take 90 min to get to a resort hotel from the airport. I was thinking maybe we could stay at a hotel near the airport to catch about 5-6 hours sleep and then head over to the resort hotel. Do you think this would be a good idea or should we book that night at the resort hotel and just take DME from the airport? I'm a little concerned on how tired we will be and how that first day will go. The 4 hour direct flight isn't much sleep time and I'll be lucky to sleep for 2 of the hours.

You either go tiredly on DME to your resort and crash when you get there, but in the morning, you'll already be on property with business taken care of and ready to go to the parks. OR you walk upstairs off your flight and crash at the Hyatt, but in the morning, you'll need to walk back to DME, take the 90 minute ride, check-in at a busier time, and store your bags before you can go to the park.

A lot of people do the Hyatt for what they consider to be ease. But IMO, it's just easier to go to your WDW when you get there so you're ready to go on your first full day. I'd rather do that and have one hotel reservation than deal with a split stay for what's only a few hours in your case.

I think you should book a night at the resort. You might be a little tired on the bus ride over but you'll be "home". Much less hassle.

Yes, most around MCO have a shuttle. Later at night, you just call the hotel desk and the shuttle comes to get you. Very simple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter