Has anyone upgraded from a DVC AP Gold pass to the Premium Platinum over the phone?

locodemickey

DIS Veteran
i would like to hear from anyone that has been successful in doing this. I tried and they said that it had to be done at one of the will call places at Disney World. We were not planning on going until next summer and want to take advantage of the AP ticket special. Thanks!

i would like to hear from anyone that has been successful in doing this. I tried and they said that it had to be done at one of the will call places at Disney World. We were not planning on going until next summer and want to take advantage of the AP ticket special. Thanks!

Did you call member services? Try calling the main WDW ticketing line. They have people behind the scenes with superpowers that can probably do it. (And try a couple of times, because sometimes it just depends on who you get.) The "existing tickets" number is 407-929-7523

If it’s an active pass and you want to upgrade before renewal, then they’re right; it must be done in person.

That's what I thought. So here's another question- do you think they would let my mother (not a DVC member) and my 12 year-old daughter (daughter of member -living in household) upgrade the ticket at will call. My mom is taking her there in December and I'm not going. I would like them to be able to upgrade the 5 DVC members in my family to the premium AP. TIA!

We were able to on tickets that were not activated yet. We did have to email Disney first and they gave us a number to call to do it. I don't have the number anymore or I'd share it with you. Member Services could not do it over the phone.

I have a Gold AP that expires in December. I am headed down on Saturday. Does that mean I can upgrade my current gold AP to Platinum Plus for my last 2+ months? For no fee? I already plan on renewing in December using the special, but if I could get a waterpark day in next week that would be great.

I have a Gold AP that expires in December. I am headed down on Saturday. Does that mean I can upgrade my current gold AP to Platinum Plus for my last 2+ months? For no fee? I already plan on renewing in December using the special, but if I could get a waterpark day in next week that would be great.
Since your current Gold Pass was purchased prior to the Feb 2017 price increase, they will most likely charge you $10.65 for the upgrade.

I upgraded 2 unused gold AP certificates to the new DVC AP over the phone for $10 each.

My son upgraded his gold AP to the new DVC AP in August without me there. I sent him with a copy of my DL and DVC member card. He did not have any issues doing the upgrade without me there.

Not sure that you could get all 5 upgraded without everyone being in the park. It is worth a shot - you might get a kind CM.

Since your current Gold Pass was purchased prior to the Feb 2017 price increase, they will most likely charge you $10.65 for the upgrade.

That is a bargain price for a water park day!! I will be happy if that is the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!