Has anyone tried Hoodia?

lustergirl

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know about this new diet thing? I have been reading up on it. I would like to give it a try. I was scared that it would make a person jittery or give you heart problems like the other stuff that is or has been on the market. Oprah did a show about it and CBS News had a special run on it. It comes from a cactus plant in the African Desert. I was in Rite-Aid Pharmacy last nite and they carry Hoodia products- boy are they expensive.

I've tried it, first in Trimspa, then by itself. Trimspa made me a little jittery, but the Hoodia has no stimulants so I didn't have any jitters of shakes, etc.

I was losing about 1-1 1/2 lb a week but then it plateaued, and since it's expensive, I kind of gave up. It certainly wasn't a miracle, but I think it did help as I usually only lose about 1/2 lb a week, no matter how low my calories are.

If you want to give it a try, I found the cheapest stuff at netrition.com

I bought some about a month ago & took it for a couple of days & then forgot (I'm so bad at remembering vitamins, etc.). Anyway I bought a nifty pill organizer to help me remember. The last 2 days I've noticed that I don't even look at McDonalds (which is right when I get off of the subway on the way to work) which I usually stopped at for an Egg Mc Muffin at least every other day. Then I realized that I put hoodia in with the vitamins, so I'd say that it does work. Not just appetite suppressant, hunger didn't lead me into McDonalds, I just didn't feel like eating it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter