Has anyone tried a dolphin excursion in Grand Cayman?

Nik's Mom

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has tried a dolphin excursion in Grand Cayman. I found a couple of websites, but I'm not sure how good they are compared to Cozumel. And I don't know how far they are from the ship either. Has anyone tried these?
http://www.dolphinworld.org/dolphin-swim/grand-cayman-islands.htm

http://www.dolphindiscovery.com/grand-cayman/cayman-location-overview.asp

The 2nd website seems like it's across from the turtle farm and admission to that is included with the dolphin swm price.
Thanks!
Sherri

I, too, have wondered about this. I saw where you get free admission to the turtle farm also when you book dolphin discovery. Any reviews??

I know the same outfit that operates the dolphin discovery in Chankanaab, just opened a facility in Grand Cayman. It is near Boatswain's Adventure park. I have done Dolphin Discovery twice in Cozumel and found it to be a wonderful experience. I imagine the one in Grand Cayman would be good as well.

I posted this same questions about a month ago. DD's birthday is on our GC day, and she wants to do the dolphin excursion on her birthday. We have already booked Nachi Cocom for our Cozumel day.
I was told by a DISer that the reason we have not been able to read reviews on the GC dolphin experiences is because they are still new. I think one, of not both, just opened a few months ago.
I hope to get reviews soon so that I know which one is safer/better to book with.

I did read a review over on the cruise critic board. They did say it was brand new and could still smell new paint in the building. The review was positive. And they were able to do both the dolphin excursion and the turtle farm across the street. Hopefully a Dis'r will try it out and give a review too.

I did read a review over on the cruise critic board. They did say it was brand new and could still smell new paint in the building. The review was positive. And they were able to do both the dolphin excursion and the turtle farm across the street. Hopefully a Dis'r will try it out and give a review too.

Was the review on the Dolphin Discovery? That is the one that seems close to the turtle farm........right?
I still do not know what to do.

Was the review on the Dolphin Discovery? That is the one that seems close to the turtle farm........right?
I still do not know what to do.

Yes, it was the Dolphin Discovery. The op's only complaint was that they did it through their cruise line (Royal Caribbean) and they were frustrated with the transportation and wasted time. They seemed satisfied with the Dolphin Discovery though.

Bumping! I would like to know if anyone has any more information on this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter