Has anyone stayed at Avanti International Drive?

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by 1andrea, Sep 24, 2018.

1. 1andrea

1andrea DIS Veteran

We usually stay in a villa but the lady is selling it and with only two of us going on a short trip in February/March we’re considering a hotel.

This one seems a good price and location. We don’t need anything major fancy but we like clean and modern!

Has anyone stayed here recently? Xx

2. Jon84

Jon84 wdwaddictuk

A couple I follow on IG swear by it.

Personally. I Drive too too far to WDW for me!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. 1andrea

1andrea DIS Veteran

Thanks!! What’s IG??

We usually stay in Kissimmee but we’ll be splitting our time between Disney and Universal so don’t mind giving Idrive a try for a week! Xx

5. Jon84

Jon84 wdwaddictuk

Instagram :)

I've done I Drive a few times, but hate the commute to Disney World! Will be good for your Universal time though :)

6. 1andrea

1andrea DIS Veteran

Thank you I’ll have a look in there. I don’t mind driving, it well I’m only a passenger! X

7. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Is the avanti the one that used to be called international palms resort? If so we stayed their twice and had no complaints although it was a long time ago!

8. Jon84

Jon84 wdwaddictuk

Thats the one, always used to be the cheapest hotel on Virgin Holidays, till the Red Lion was available!

petals likes this.
  9. Dad2Buzz

Dad2Buzz Mouseketeer

We stayed there in April, and we could not fault it and are planning on staying there again next year.

It is very clean and tidy, the staff are friendly, the hotel food is really good. The location is great, you can walk to restaraunts, Orlando Eye etc. We have stayed on Disney property, and in the Royal Pacific and other expensive hotels and cannot fault the Avanti.

10. 1andrea

1andrea DIS Veteran

Thank you! We went ahead and booked. We usually stay in a villa so have no chance to wander around. I’m looking forward to walking to Miller’s Ale House for tea etc and only being a short distance from my favorite breakfast food place xx

11. 1andrea

1andrea DIS Veteran

Did the old hotel go on fire? X

12. Dad2Buzz

Dad2Buzz Mouseketeer

Yes, building 2 was rebuilt. That is the building to stay in if you can.

13. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I hadn't heard that it did. We haven't been to Florida for 7 years but we stayed in the Tower of the old hotel in 2011 and one of the blocks near the pool in 2010. I preferred the Tower, Momma preferred the one near the pool. It's probably all changed now but I felt the tower room was bigger.