has anyone started Christmas shopping?

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
I have about 30 people to shop for -- I have started collecting stocking stuffers.

My first great finds were in the dollar spot at Michael's.

It seems so early.........but..........I'll be glad I started early later on this fall.

:laughing:Actually, I usually start my Christmas shopping at the After-Christmas and Year-End clearance sales. So I don't think it's too early at all! I usually shop all year long, picking up things when I find a bargain on items that I know someone on my list would enjoy.

I bought some gifts for my nieces and I bought DD her first gift yesterday (a Vera Bradley purse). Oh and I got a few stocking stuffers for my boys at WDW last week. But now my kids are getting older and using their own money for some things they want so I have to wait until closer to Christmas to see what they want.

I usually start Christmas shopping in August.
I hope to get most of this done during our next WDW trip in September.

I like to get Christmas shopping done before the Christmas 'rush'.
I haaaaaaaaate crowds!

I just saw someone mention on the target thread that there is a $5 coupon for a game PICTUREKA at www.coupons.com.

They said the game is less than $7 so I am definitely going to check that out. Our schools and my husbands work usualyy has a toys for tots drive around the holidays and I can always add these games to that drive.

This game is for 6 and up so if you have small kids......check it out. I don't know anything about the game or how its played.

For this past Christmas I paid nearly $20 for Pictureka for my son! YIKES!

I just bought a cookbook for a gift swap we do in my family. There is a $5. I found some really good cookbooks and recipe cards for $5 at ACMoore.

I use to start shopping early to "save money" but I always over bought and spent way more than I should. I would buy for everyone and then someone would really want some new gismo on the market and the good aunt that I am would buy it. But then I would have to buy something else for everyone, and so on and so on. And now all the kids are getting older so all they want to cash which works for me.

I've started shopping, I've picked up six items, not a ton, but it's definitely a start. I figure if I do a little at a time it hurts less on the pocketbook.

I have an 18gallon Rubbermaid Tote that I buy stuff all year long and toss it in... I use it for baby gifts (have 3 pregnant friends and one TTC right now) and birthday gifts, too.

It's mostly all small stuff ( I try to buy for everyone that shows up at the family christmas dinner) and then a few months before Christmas I make a list of who I want to give a gift too, dig through the tote to see if anything will match up and then I've got a list of who I still need to buy for.

Works out quite well... a lot of that stuff I get for cheap, cheap, cheap and it's always nicer that its spread out throughout the year.

I have to start now. I made the mistake of buying huge stockings for my kids when they were young and they were easy to fill but now that they are older it costs a fortune.

Going to get my older DD's some Disney dollars so that they can buy their own stuff on our next May trip.

I start Christmas shopping the minute I see something for someone. I found some nice sparkly bath stuff for my cousin that was 75% off after Christmas so I got that right away. I am also collecting stuff I get for cheap or free using coupons such as Dove facial products and nice smelling candles that could be for different people as well.

Or if I see something unusual that I won't find anywhere else I get it. I got 'I love meat' stickers and bacon flavored mints for my brother since I didn't know where else I would ever see them.

Does help spread out the cost buying throughout the year.

I am such a christmas fanatic :lmao: people thought I was crazy when I said about starting christmas shopping. I have already started making the christmas list! I haven't bought anything yet because some of it is cologne and perfume and I like to wait till black friday to shop! But I have my list and am going to put money aside for each item....will just have to go out and buy it!

Since my sons' birthdays are in late Oct/early Nov., I've just finished birthday shopping for my youngest and working on my older son's list now. I have picked up a few things for my youngest, but my older kids tend to change their Christmas wish lists, so I'm waiting a little bit longer before I start shopping for them.

I have started. If I see a "perfect" gift for somebody then I buy it. I think when you wait to the last minute you start to just "buy things" to have a gift to give.

I have started planning. For my kids, I'm getting 1 big toy each and then little stocking stuffers. My DD4 is getting the Chrissa doll once QVC sells her in July, along with some clothes. Not sure about DS3, maybe a really nice animal / farm set. My DD4's b-day is in Nov., so I am mostly done with shopping for her. I'm also probably going to get them 1 set of PJs each.

Last year, I ended up getting lots of presents on QVC, as I work there as well as shop there, and my discount makes things a great deal sometimes. Not sure about DH yet, or anyone else for that matter.

I am the same way, if I see something that would make a good Xmas or b-day gift and it's on sale, I buy it and put it away.

I've started Christmas sewing not shopping yet. I'm making each of my inlaws a quilt. They're divorced so FIL is getting one for his livingroom couch and MIL is getting one for her bed. I'm planning on making my daughter one for her bed to better match the horse theme of her room hard to do when it's all pink with horses everywhere.

But like everybody else this is usually the time when I start watching for the perfect gift at great prices for the people I buy for!

Happy Christmas hunting eveybody!

I've got to wait until I come back from wdw next month but I sure have been tempted. There are some awesome buys on American Girl clothes & accessories on ebay right now.

I guess a lot of people must be on vacation this month b/c there's very little bidding. Every time I see something cute that I know DD8 would love going way too cheap or without bids, I have to remind myself that Christmas is still six months away. If only I had more internal discipline - or lots more money...:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter