Has anyone rented from Dream Travel Inc./Tonya?

MickeyHereWeCome!

DIS Veteran
Hi! I was just hoping to find someone here who may have rented from Tonya Williams with Dream Travel Inc. She has given me a good rate for Bonnet Creek, but there is only one review for each of her listings on vrbo. She has been very quick to reply when I go through vrbo, but she doesn't seem to get my private e-mails (that's a little unsettling, but I realize my e-mails could just be going to her junk mail or something). I would love to hear from anyone who has used her company before I pursue this further.

TIA!!

We rented a week at Bonnet Creek from her last spring. Everything ended up working out fine but I will say that when we got there, our name was spelled wrong and they couldn't find our reservation. Once they did, it was broken into a 4 night stay and a 3 night stay, inferring that we may have to change rooms midvacation. After speaking to a manager, showing him our print out, etc. etc. we got a great fireworks view room in building 5 and did not need to switch. But it was definitely a stressful hour to start the trip.

All that being said, not sure any of it was her fault, and she said sometimes with timeshare rentals that tends to happen. I would certainly use her again. Her company gets really good reviews on the timeshare forums.

Once they did, it was broken into a 4 night stay and a 3 night stay, inferring that we may have to change rooms midvacation. <snip>

All that being said, not sure any of it was her fault, and she said sometimes with timeshare rentals that tends to happen. I would certainly use her again. Her company gets really good reviews on the timeshare forums.

I've never purchased from the seller in question, so these are just general comments.

It is possible to intentionally book a split room stay (usually at a lower point cost, but perhaps requiring an extra housekeeping credit/fee) but it doesn't/shouldn't "just happen". I have relatives who have Wyndam timeshare points and I have looked at their web UI for reserving rooms and it makes it pretty clear if the stay in question will be a split or not.

I suppose it could happen if there were a facilities problem, but I've spent probably 40 weeks at various Fairfield/Wyndham properties in FL, NV, MO, WI, CO, and SC (occasionally with relatives, usually with time purchased via Ebay, VRBO, etc.), and have never run into that situation.

There are a lot of folks who will resell time at this resort, I personally would go with someone with more feedback/ratings given the choice...

It is not uncommon when booking a Wyndham reservation to have what they call a "split reservation". For example, I might request 7 nights and when I see the availability it will show that the reservation is split. It can be anything (1 and 6, 2 and 5, or 3 and 4). There will a disclaimer that you may have to change rooms.

I always call Bonnet Creek directly (after waiting a few days to be sure the reservation is in Bonnet Creek's system) and request that they combine the reservation. They are great to work with and have always done so. They don't want to clean the room any more than you want to move. If your reservation wasn't combined in advance I would have to guess it was overlooked.

As long as your unit size is the same, they will make every attempt to combine your reservation so that you don't have to move.

Please join the facebook group "Have you been a victim of fraud by Tonya Williams from Dream Travel LLC?". I have also been a victim of fraud by this person and have done some research and made some calls concerning this. I am constantly doing updates on this facebook page as to what people need to do as well as phone numbers and links. Please join this group for further information.
Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter