Has anyone purchased an Annual Pass at Shades of Green?

jessiesmom

Earning My Ears
Please give me all the information you have. Can vouchers be bought over the phone by calling the resort or do you have to go there to buy them? What proof do you need that you are eligible to purchase them? What's the process? Is it long and drawn out or is it pretty simple? Also -- how about restrictions? Can I purchase one for my mother who is non-military? Obviously, I can use all the help I can get. Thanks!!

We purchased our AP's at Shades of Green last September. Trust me - it is worth the extra effort to go through SoG! We saved $60 or more if I remember right. I think the cost was $337 for adults and $227 for our 5 year old DD - but don't hold me to that - it was almost a year ago!

You do have to go to the SoG ticket office in person. When I checked you could not do it over the phone or through the mail. When we got ours they were still at the SoG hotel. I'm not sure where the office is now - I think somewhere in the Contemporary but I'm not sure.

My husband is a DoD civilian employee. He was able to purchase passes for me and my dd - and I don't work for the DoD. I don't know how far that extends out though - I'd call SoG and ask.

We got our passes on September 15th last year. It was very simple - we went to SoG ticket office and my husband showed his DoD Identification Card. We were able to charge the total amount to our Discover Credit Card. We were given vouchers which we took straight to EPCOT World Showcase entrance (you could go to any park - any entrance) and they converted our voucher to an AP. The only hassle was going all the way into SoG to the ticket office - but that was worth the $60 or so we saved.

Hope this info helps.

Morganne's Mommy

You buy AP's at the same ticket office you purchase all other SOG passes. You must show a Military ID to purchase, but with the 1 ID you can buy for everyone in the party. What you get is the voucher. It takes maybe 15 minutes to redeem them at guest services in the park.

I'm wanting to purchase AP's for my Mom & I. I've only purchased the 4 day tickets before. Can anyone let me know what the process is now? TIA for the help!

You don't even have to buy them at SoG. You can purchase the military AP at your local MWR office. That's what we did. DH is military and DOD employee and got them for himself, me and our girls. He went to the MWR office and put in the order. They were there within a week and he just had to pick them up. :thumbsup2

I appreciate that tip. However, I'm out & the nearest MWR office (in any direction) is 90 minutes out. I don't know that they let vets on base just for that any way.

I bought APs at SoG just last Thursday--no problems. I did need to be there and my mom showed her military ID. We bought a bunch of tickets--5 day hoppers, Military Salute, and APs. All was easy and smooth.

I too would be interested in that so hopefully there will be a response.

You would have to go there in person to show your military ID. Another thought, do you live near a military base (Air Force, Army, Marine, doesn't matter)? If so, contact their Ticket and Tours office to see if they sell Disney tickets.

Here is the Ticket And Tour Price List from MacDill AFB which is an hour from Disney. Patrick AFB is on the other side of Disney as well.

I am just providing this so you can compare to SoG prices as the base is sometimes still a little cheaper and if you live near a base you can buy it several weeks/months in advance as they are not activated until you get to the park.

http://www.macdillfss.com/images/AllImages/pdfs/ITT/ITT_PriceList_16Oct12.pdf

You do have to go to the SoG ticket office in person. When I checked you could not do it over the phone or through the mail. When we got ours they were still at the SoG hotel. I'm not sure where the office is now - I think somewhere in the Contemporary but I'm not sure.

Morganne's Mommy

Wait, what!?!? Do you mean I don't have to figure out how to get to SoG from Pop to get tickets? (I know there is a mythical path from the Poly, but I have no idea how to find it or even where to look).

I wish I didn't live on a ghetto base and could get tickets here, but that isn't happening so I have to track them down when I get to Disney.

I wish I didn't live on a ghetto base and could get tickets here, but that isn't happening so I have to track them down when I get to Disney.

Did you try calling another ITT office like MacDill? I am not sure if they are willing to mail them or not. Perhaps they will maill from one ITT to another ITT.

Info from Shades of Green website:
http://www.shadesofgreen.org/ATS.htm

Shades of Green Attraction Ticket Sales Office is located on the lobby level and is open daily. A Military Identification Card or Department of Defense Identification Card must be presented at time of puchase. Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Prices and entitlements are subject to change without notice. Original Shades of Green tickets can only be upgraded. Any tickets reprinted at the WDW parks can not be upgraded. To view ticket prices please click on one of the links below.

Wait, what!?!? Do you mean I don't have to figure out how to get to SoG from Pop to get tickets? (I know there is a mythical path from the Poly, but I have no idea how to find it or even where to look).

Take a bus to the TTC and then take the SOG bus. The path from the Poly is easy to find, and most likely someone(s) will be walking it. Also, if you see a golf cart near the front, they will give you a ride to the front door. Not a big hassle, but if you want to save money, only you can decide if getting to SOG is worth the hassle.

Did you try calling another ITT office like MacDill? I am not sure if they are willing to mail them or not. Perhaps they will maill from one ITT to another ITT.

Tried that. The only option I have is to drive down to southern CT to the navy base. According to Outdoor Rec (the closest thing we have to an ITT office here), the AFB over by Boston is not worth trying to get anything from if you aren't stationed at that base. I miss Langley/Eustis!! I am practically counting down the days until we are elegible to PCS again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter