Has anyone heard rumors of changes to DDP 2009

Ah Nevermind - now I get where you are coming from. I was not clear in my explanation in what I was calculating - totally my bad!!! :)

I signed on today to search for this exact topic. My hubby and I are going Oct/Nov 2009. I have crunched the numbers and we will do deluxe DP. We plan on a few signatures, shows and he is a hugh breakfast person. I cant wait to hear about the new changes, if any. I would do the regular dp if we could choose appy or dessert because we would share both. As I explained to my hubby, you can try things you normally wouldnt get and they wont make you be part of the clean plate club. I cant wait til it gets closer so I can let my TA know our ADR requests. I already have started a list. I figure one sit down a day, prob dinner would be enough and we could wing the rest.

When in Jan are you going? They've now said that the date to work around is Jan 25th. ADRs up to Jan 25th will continue to be at 180 days, but, for now, they won't be making ADRs past that date. (However, they do continue to say that some popular choices, such as CM, CRT, etc., may continue to be 180 days.)

Thanks! I booked ADR's but who the heck knows if we can use em if the Dining Plan changes drastically, we may not do it...:surfweb:

Ugh- The planning hurts this time!!! LOL!

I was looking at 2008. The writeup for 2009 indeed does not list the appetizer under the deluxe plan for adults but they DO list it for children.

I guess pretty soon it'll be known whether or not that is a mistake - but it does look like the plans are not changing at all with the exception of the new quick service only plan. I'm thinking it's a mistake because it does say you get appetizers with in-room dining.

That page doesn't give individual per-night prices for the plans, either.

I will miss the appetiser if this is true. I checked ALLEARS and they have not listed the plans yet. Hope this is a mistake.

I will miss the appetiser if this is true. I checked ALLEARS and they have not listed the plans yet. Hope this is a mistake.

Why not give Di$ney a few more dollars and get the Disney Premium Plan ... Adult: One entree, one appetizer, one dessert (juice at breakfast) and one non-alcoholic beverage OR One full buffet

I don't know how you guys eat that much! I could never eat an appy, dinner, dessert at a WDW restaurant, and always felt I have a healthy appetite! LOL. Its all I can do to get through the main course and half of the dessert! Add in a milkshake as a drink at some places and I am about ready to throw up from being too full!!

I don't know where you guys are seeing this information.

... well now I found it up at the top of the screen on the main page. So much for the Deluxe plan... I want my appies!!!! Everyone complains about not getting the appitizers, so Disney decides to take them away from the more expensive plan we were willing to pay for to get them? Time to start all over with planning. I'm thinking of just saying kiss my behind to Disney and have all my food shipped to my room. I think I can eat like that for a week. lol

Why not give Di$ney a few more dollars and get the Disney Premium Plan ... Adult: One entree, one appetizer, one dessert (juice at breakfast) and one non-alcoholic beverage OR One full buffet

Several hundred $$ more, times 5 per night, just blows our budget all to pieces!! We go for 8 day trips - so that is a whopping amount of money for us. Deluxe was a stretch for us, but worth it, but we could in NO WAY afford the premium plan. I said I would miss the appy, not that I would not do deluxe dining again - it is still for us, but I love the appetizer and would really miss having it when I dine at WDW.

Less then $30 per night per person. None of the dining plans will be broken down by per person per night anymore. Its part of the package, not a seperate component

it will have to be broken down, unless it isn't offered to dvc members, since they don't have to pay for any other components

it will have to be broken down, unless it isn't offered to dvc members, since they don't have to pay for any other components

This is exactly true, but the DVC member site currenly lists only 2008 prices.

The prices for the basic (now dining plus, I guess) plan and the deluxe plans seem to have increased only slightly, and the plans are exactly the same as this year as far as what is and is not included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter