Has anyone heard of the new Disney theme park 'Villiains' ?

Mickeyhugger

DIS Veteran
No, this wasn't from friend of a friend.

While boarding the monorail last November a cast member said it's in the planning stages for WDW to surface in approximately 5 years.

It's going to be another park that is mainly thrill rides. (To compete w/Six Flags and other thrill parks seen on Travel Channel?)

I'd like to think it's true, and coming from a Disney cast member, I believe it more than I would a neighbor, but just wanted to know if anyone else has heard this or anything similar?

The same cast member also said another monorail will be added for the Studios and Animal Kingdom.

I wonder if this guy is still employed? (LOL!)

Anyone?

:confused:

Rumours about a villains park and a roller coaster park have been kicking around for a while.

I don't see a roller coaster park happening considering they are putting one into Animal Kingdom, for example and would want to add thrill rides to keep a segment of the audience frequenting existing parks. And I don't see a villains park working as it's too limiting and since existing parks already have villains (the Fox on Splash, the Pirates to an extent, the wicked witch, Gaston in the B&TB stage show, etc, etc). Having all the rides based on villains would get quickly boring.

Apparently after September 5th accident at DL, Disney needs to think about preserving the thrill rides it already has before building a new park full of them.

I'm pretty sure I came up with this idea about 10 years ago, but Disney is certainly welcome to use it. I wouldn't turn away residuals, though :)

I hope they do it! I think it would be great competition for the folks who go over to Universal/IoA and would generate/retain some interest for the teenage crowd that gets "dragged" along to WDW.

If they did it, they would have to keep everything heavily themed and have a storyline for each ride. If they didn't, and just plopped coasters down, they'd be to much like Universal and Six Flags, and it just wouldn't feel like Disney.

I think the imagineers could dream up some wonderful ideas. Think of the 'villains' in Hunchback. Lion King, Pochahontas, 101 Dalmatians (sp?), etc.

I think too, it would be great for teenagers who do family vacations to WDW.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!:D

As has been mentioed before, this rumor has been out there for a few years now. As much as I would enjoy such a park, I think it unlikely they will do this any time soon. Epcot and Animal Kingdom are under performing very badly in terms of attendance and adding a new park would only make the situation worse. A new park would only canabilize the attendance at the existing parks until most people are willing to spend more vacartion days at Disney World.

I think most money spent on the parks will go into the 2 troubled parks until the situation improves. You can already see this trend starting with Mission Space, Everest Expedition, and soon (hopefully) Soarin. The much rumored project Gemini (if it ever actually happens) is supposed to be a response to the problem as well.

Part of what gave the villian park rumor legs was another rumor that used to circulate about an attraction called Villian Mountain. It was supposed a long overdue use for the 20k Seas Lagoon area. The concept was sort of a more thrill ride version of Splash Mountain, with the Disney Villians chasing your through the moutain. Has anybody heard anything of this rumor recently?

Screamscape used to rumour-ize about all things Villain, but they've been silent on the subject for some time. I think they'd mentioned an attraction to replace Great Movie Ride using something called Cave technology and featuring Disney villains. Many ideas do hang around for years before getting the green light so an attraction along those lines is never out of the question. I personally don't want a 5th park. Four is enough for one vacation!

As much as we would all like a Villains park Disney would want to make it all "kid friendly" ala Alien Encounter and I for one could not stomach that.

Originally posted by lucky_bunni
If they did it, they would have to keep everything heavily themed and have a storyline for each ride. If they didn't, and just plopped coasters down, they'd be to much like Universal and Six Flags, and it just wouldn't feel like Disney.
As I've said many times, Universal has TWO coasters, three if you count both sides of one and also, everything is heavily themed. I thought the same incorrect thing about Universal until I actually visited the place.

While I was on the Disney Magic this past January I went to a talk given by a Disney Imagineer. He said that Disney had been all over the world looking for a cure to the ailing transportaion system. The best thing they found was in their own back yard...the MONORAIL. He indeed said that they are now planning on extending the monorail to the other parks and resorts. He did not have a time frame for this though.....

I have heard about this Villian park for a while now. It is one of the proposed ideas for the theme of the 5th park. I do know that whatever the 5th park is, Disney wants it to be geared towards teens. Another rumor that i have heard recently was since the two parks werent doing so hot that Villian was going to go where 20,000 leagues is. I have also heard of a Fire Mountain, it would either go by the Haunted Mansoin i think or now they've been saying its been moved to Adventrueland. Can anyone tell me about this ride and if its still on the drawing board?

I've heard the 5th park and monorail rumors multiple times....so far I see no indication that anything is being done towards making either one true.

That said....I'd love to see the monorail expanded. We seem to end up driving ourselves more and more often at WDW....and I can't decide which I dislike more...the busses or parking (with or without a tram).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter