Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

The BEST time to find the same day reservations is about 1am on the Disneyland app , seriously I stalk the app and why I can usually find times same day or within 24 hours.
Thankfully same though not at 1am - I’m sound asleep then..! I’ve just been trying for BB at any time at all during our trip. I have everything else we could want.

Thankfully same though not at 1am - I’m sound asleep then..! I’ve just been trying for BB at any time at all during our trip. I have everything else we could want.

I will just say this , I had a BB reservation for my trip in June..and wish I had skipped it.
Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVED dining there , the atmosphere is the best and having an 11am reservation I got a waterside table no issue.
The food quality has been going downhill for a bit pre covid imo , but loved it so much could justify it as usually would do a dining package for Fantasmic.

Sadly it was my last time . FYI There is currently no bread service , rumor is that will not return. My steak was TINY , and overcooked to medium from medium rare. My beloved augratin cheesy potatoes were replaced with a generic mashed , missed the fresh veggies replaced with while a tasty grilled onion and aujus , not the same. I will say having a hurricane cocktail was nice though it was overly sweet. Gumbo was the highlight and happy to report it was delicious still. Definitely YMMV on experience and personal preferences , I just can't do it anymore and makes me sad :(
I hope you're able to get your reservation though !

So...we're headed to DL and DCA over Labor Day weekend. Started looking at reservation availability a few days ago and found absolutely nothing past August 27th. The 60 day window opened for 9/3 today and still no availability past 08/27. I know from reading the previous posts that this process has been chaotic at best. Anyone have any further insight or is constantly checking for the release of reservations just going to consume my life for the near future??
We are too! So glad I’m not the only one. I’ve been checking every hour or two since yesterday. I’m in the UK right now so it was easy to be on at 3 am etc. very frustrated. I’ve literally seen nothing for Friday or Saturday (the two days open so far).

I will just say this , I had a BB reservation for my trip in June..and wish I had skipped it.
Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVED dining there , the atmosphere is the best and having an 11am reservation I got a waterside table no issue.
The food quality has been going downhill for a bit pre covid imo , but loved it so much could justify it as usually would do a dining package for Fantasmic.

Sadly it was my last time . FYI There is currently no bread service , rumor is that will not return. My steak was TINY , and overcooked to medium from medium rare. My beloved augratin cheesy potatoes were replaced with a generic mashed , missed the fresh veggies replaced with while a tasty grilled onion and aujus , not the same. I will say having a hurricane cocktail was nice though it was overly sweet. Gumbo was the highlight and happy to report it was delicious still. Definitely YMMV on experience and personal preferences , I just can't do it anymore and makes me sad :(
I hope you're able to get your reservation though !

Thank you - the only reason I’m trying is for my folks. I told them when we booked a month ago there were no reservations there to be had, but they keep asking me. Even yesterday my Dad texted to let me know BB was open and it’s like… I know Dad. We’ve had this conversation 3x remember..? They clearly have their hearts set on what was always unlikely if not impossible that late. If this were the solo trip I’d planned I wouldn’t be looking but they used keeping me company as an excuse to tag along. :laughing:

Thank you - the only reason I’m trying is for my folks. I told them when we booked a month ago there were no reservations there to be had, but they keep asking me. Even yesterday my Dad texted to let me know BB was open and it’s like… I know Dad. We’ve had this conversation 3x remember..? They clearly have their hearts set on what was always unlikely if not impossible that late. If this were the solo trip I’d planned I wouldn’t be looking but they used keeping me company as an excuse to tag along. :laughing:

LOL....sounds like my parents. Just yesterday my mom told me "Did you know they opened a new Spiderman ride, make sure to take your kids to it." I'm like I've know for months now but thanks for the reminder. :)

So...we're headed to DL and DCA over Labor Day weekend. Started looking at reservation availability a few days ago and found absolutely nothing past August 27th. The 60 day window opened for 9/3 today and still no availability past 08/27. I know from reading the previous posts that this process has been chaotic at best. Anyone have any further insight or is constantly checking for the release of reservations just going to consume my life for the near future??
Me too. Our first day is 9/4. Got up super early and NADA. Not one single thing :(

I will be giving up a few reservations - let me know if anyone wants them (all for two people):

7/24 - Blue Bayou @ 7:00pm
8/15 - Lamplight Lounge @ 10:25am
8/15 - Oga's Cantina @ 4:30pm
8/15 - Wine Country Trattoria @ 7:00pm

Last edited:
I will be giving up a few reservations - let me know if anyone wants them:

How many in your party?

Well, pushing our trip back to the holidays so going to be canceling all the ones I made for August, this is what I'm going to be releasing for a party of two:
  • 8/4- Lamplight Lounge 4:05
  • 8/5- Blue Bayou 4:20
  • 8/6- Oga's 12:50
I'm going to cancel them at 9AM (Mountain time) tomorrow morning so if you want em, just grab em!

We had to shift our dates and because of that, I couldn't get the reservations I wanted. However, I used Mouse Dining and I was able to book Cafe Orleans and Lamplight!

I’m going to drop a reservation at Naples for 5 people on 7/15 at 6:00 PM if anyone is interested!

I will be giving up a few reservations - let me know if anyone wants them (all for two people):

Ooh, I would like your 7/24! I tried, but I’m not able to DM you…?

Last edited:
Anyone happen to know if there are currently restrictions on having to purchase food with alcohol? I don't mind getting a small appetizer but sometimes we just want a refreshing beverage with no food; just checking to see if there are any rules in place for the state right now.

Anyone happen to know if there are currently restrictions on having to purchase food with alcohol? I don't mind getting a small appetizer but sometimes we just want a refreshing beverage with no food; just checking to see if there are any rules in place for the state right now.
No restrictions at all. You can just purchase alcohol.

I will be canceling a Lamplight Lounge reservation for Sunday 7/11 at 3:40 PM... will probably do so in the next 3-4 hours (I work nights).

If anyone wants it please DM me and we can try to coordinate.

For anyone looking for late August times for BB, they released a bunch overnight last night. I had a bunch of *********** alerts when I woke up this morning (7 am ET) and I was able to easily snag a BB res for our Aug. 25-26 trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter