Has anyone had experience with keeping the same room with a combined reservation of 2 memberships?

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
We booked 5 nights in a BCV studio but didnt have points for extra nights. A good friend of mine (whos points where expiring) gave us the extra points for 2 more nights. They booked those nights in our name, exact same names and room type as we have booked. We do not want to switch rooms after the 5th night. I called MS and they said they both of us had to make a 3 way call with MS to "merge" the reservation- does anyone have experience with this and if there was any issues?

We booked 5 nights in a BCV studio but didnt have points for extra nights. A good friend of mine (whos points where expiring) gave us the extra points for 2 more nights. They booked those nights in our name, exact same names and room type as we have booked. We do not want to switch rooms after the 5th night. I called MS and they said they both of us had to make a 3 way call with MS to "merge" the reservation- does anyone have experience with this and if there was any issues?

I don't think they can "merge" the two reservations into one because of the two different contracts, but they can note them as "continuing" (I think that's the right word) reservations. We've had to do that on several occasions. We were able to keep our same room. I always verify with the front desk to make sure that it is noted on the reservations when we arrive. We haven't had to change rooms.

I don't think they can "merge" the two reservations into one because of the two different contracts, but they can note them as "continuing" (I think that's the right word) reservations. We've had to do that on several occasions. We were able to keep our same room. I always verify with the front desk to make sure that it is noted on the reservations when we arrive. We haven't had to change rooms.

Yes "continuing" is a good word and thats what I was trying to say! Thats good news that its been done before and that you didnt have to "move". Did u do the 3 way calling or just ask at the desk when you check in?

Yes "continuing" is a good word and thats what I was trying to say! Thats good news that its been done before and that you didnt have to "move". Did u do the 3 way calling or just ask at the desk when you check in?

I own both contracts, so didn't have to do a three way call. Before we arrived, I had it noted on the reservations. When we arrived, I double checked to make sure it was noted.

I'm not sure why you would need a three way call if you have the reservation numbers and they are both in your name, but haven't tried it that way. You may want to try to call again to see if you get a different response.

I was in a similar situation last November but I had a CRO cash reservation and a point reservation because there was nothing left on points for the last night of our stay. I did not want to have to switch rooms. That trip was a split stay and only the second leg of 2 nights had the situation -- first night on points second cash at OKW. So since I was at WDW, a day before check in, I headed over to OKW to ensure our "continuing" reservation was indeed 1 room.

Now I am checking in tomorrow at AKV Jambo. I have THREE continuing reservations for the same resort room type because of the same reason...I could not get 2 of the nights on points so I booked cash thru CRO (AP discount). I am a bit steamed about that because we waitlsted for over 2 months and could not get a 2 night waitlist to come thru for Wednesday and Thursday nights but somehow I could book it on cash. So, now I have first night on points, next 2 nights with cash and final 4 nights on points. Points are on same contract.

Since I cannot go to the front desk early, is there any way I can call the front desk today to confirm that we are in the same room? I don't want to wait until tomorrow when we check in because we are getting there late and the room will already be assigned. Is there a special number I can call to Jambo House without just getting connected to the CRO?

Note each reservation as continuing, and add the other reservation number so the room assigner can make an easy match.

:earsboy: Bill

I didn't make any notes on the reservation. I had three nights on a rented reservation, then two nights on my own membership, and another single night on my own. I asked MS to merge my two reservations but they never did. I did have to go to the front desk once to check ou and back into the room. The second time, they called my room and handled the check-out-and-back-in that way. I did not have to move. Trash and towel was all messed up.

This is the same sort of situation I will be in this Sept. We have 4 nights on my mother's contract (she will be with us) and 3 nights on our contract for a 2 bed villa at boulder creek. We did a 3 way call and it took forever for member service person to get it in the system.
And we end up with 2 sets of magic bands? And have to check out and back in? They said it was noted that we would stay in the same room but I'm nervous - having a 18 month old baby for the first time is making this all seem much more of a hassle

We did a 9-night stay in 2016 that was split 7+2 on rented points. The owner called in advance for us and we asked on check in as well. I *think* they told us at check in that we would be in the same room. We didn't have to check out physically or anything (though we'd been warned we might need to). The only odd things were getting a "room ready" text for our same room on the day it switched over, and having some towel and trash inconsistencies. It was really NBD.

@Lionessrampant, we just had one set of MBs and had 2 babies, 4mo and 7mo old (one was my niece) and there was no issue at all.

Glad to hear these responses. In Sept, I have one night at BCV my points and then 5 nights on another member's points. I was told needed to do the three way call. We don't want to bother him as he did us a favor with rental fees. If we have to move after one night, so be it, but I'm hoping not. Will they be able to tell us if we will need to move when we first check in?

I own at Boardwalk and a friend owns at Beach Club. We have done 2 reservations and had them combined at least twice. Another time we transferred points. Never had to switch rooms. I think we both just contacted Member Services and gave them the other reservation #, I don't think we did a 3 way call.

They connected ours (my points one week, friend's points for second week) while we were standing at the counter.

We tried before hand and it would have been hard.

They can link them if they are the same EXACT villa type and you won't have to move but you will likely have to check in again on the change day. Just have MS put the request in BOTH reservations, don't do online check in and repeat your request at checkin then go to the FD early on the change day. I've done this a number of times including stepping up or down in villa size.

This is the same sort of situation I will be in this Sept. We have 4 nights on my mother's contract (she will be with us) and 3 nights on our contract for a 2 bed villa at boulder creek. We did a 3 way call and it took forever for member service person to get it in the system.
And we end up with 2 sets of magic bands? And have to check out and back in? They said it was noted that we would stay in the same room but I'm nervous - having a 18 month old baby for the first time is making this all seem much more of a hassle

We had this situation last November. We declined the second set of bands and just used the first set the whole time. There is a button in MDE where you can decline the band. We did have to go to the front desk on the "change over" day and check in again but we stayed in the same room.

We had this situation last November. We declined the second set of bands and just used the first set the whole time. There is a button in MDE where you can decline the band. We did have to go to the front desk on the "change over" day and check in again but we stayed in the same room.
Ok that sounds good. I'll take a look for that button.

Yes we have done this so have not had to change rooms. Just put a note in advance for the room controller as continuing and go to the front desk 1st thing in the morning for the change over to be completed.

The other thing I did at Boardwalk was to ask for a dedicated room on our first reservation, so that it wouldn't matter to any other reservation on the change over day. If you were in "half" of a lock off room you might have to move to accommodate someone else's reservatIon, depends on who is checking-in-and-out that day.

We had to check out of the first reservation at the front desk and check into the new reservation. But otherwise it worked fine. We stayed in the same room the entire reservation.

I wouldn't stress out over it. I did the same thing earlier this year and had no problems. While the same room is not guaranteed, it's basically 99% chance you'll stay in the same room.

Glad I found this thread. I wont have enough points for the last 2 nights of our trip and I wanted to rent the points. I might still see if I can find someone that is willing to sell their points and transfer them into my account, but at least I have some options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter