Has anyone found sensible car hire prices yet?

cheryl.UK

DIS Veteran
Still looking for a sensible car hire price but no joy. Has anyone else had any luck?

Still looking for a sensible car hire price but no joy. Has anyone else had any luck?

Nope, it was crazy in December and again for our Feb trip the prices are so high. If it weren't for the fact that we need a disability scooter with us, we'd be using uber/lyft Disney transport etc because thats probably cheaper.

I hear what you guys are saying. Our 3 week trip in August would cost about £1800 if we rent a car. Uber it is I think. Typically, the first time we need MDE, they've cancelled it! Still, I think we can get away spending less than £500 on Ubers/Mears

Qeeq.com (a consolidator like holiday autos) was quoting £40 a day, pay on collection for an Astra sized car, collecting from Dollar or Thrifty at West Irlo which is pretty close to Animal Kingdom. That was for a 1 week rental in April.

Qeeq.com (a consolidator like holiday autos) was quoting £40 a day, pay on collection for an Astra sized car, collecting from Dollar or Thrifty at West Irlo which is pretty close to Animal Kingdom. That was for a 1 week rental in April.
Don't forget that Disney charges (around $25/day) for parking either at your resort for onsite stays or the parks if you are offsite.

I was able to get a semi-reasonable price. Obviously we can't post links in here, but there is another very popular Disney forum for UK people that I keep and eye on, and there is a company on there that is mentioned time and time again for good deals for car hire. I hope even saying this isn't against the rules.

I was able to get a semi-reasonable price. Obviously we can't post links in here, but there is another very popular Disney forum for UK people that I keep and eye on, and there is a company on there that is mentioned time and time again for good deals for car hire. I hope even saying this isn't against the rules.
They always say post the link and see if it shows as blocked

They always say post the link and see if it shows as blocked

Ok, I'll take your word for it. People on the other forum say to email Andy @ discountfloridacarhire.co.uk to get a quote. His website is below, but the quotes offline (via email) are much better. I've booked mine for the summer and was £300 cheaper than what I had previously booked. Haven't used before but gets good reviews.

https://www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk

Ok, I'll take your word for it. People on the other forum say to email Andy @ discountfloridacarhire.co.uk to get a quote. His website is below, but the quotes offline (via email) are much better. I've booked mine for the summer and was £300 cheaper than what I had previously booked. Haven't used before but gets good reviews.

https://www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
Link is showing about £1,100 for 2 weeks, can he really get that down less than @Tony deal of about £550. Would be good to hear your feedback

It took about 3 months of regular checking but finally managed to get a full size for £565 with zero excess through Autoeurope with Budget. That is for Easter holidays this year. It did seem that odd codes were open for a short period so a lot of luck.

Just coming back to this. The site I use is kayak as it searches across a wide range of providers and consolidators. I now see that they have an outfit called VIP cars pointing to rental from Seven Auto (no, never heard of them either) which is near but not at the airport. A full size is £559 for two weeks over Easter. The bottom line however does seem to be that there's a degree of normalisation in terms of prices now underway.

Good info Tony thanks. My 2 weeks in August was originally £1150 with Sixt, then got it down to £850 with the site above. I will keep checking to see if I can get it lower.

So the thing with rental cars here is that the prices fluctuate almost daily and sometimes several times a day. You can book one and then cancel if you find a cheaper price. Unless you are going during a Holiday time and they are booked up. I have found that the best prices are usually between 3 and 6 weeks before your trip. Keep checking back.

So the thing with rental cars here is that the prices fluctuate almost daily and sometimes several times a day. You can book one and then cancel if you find a cheaper price. Unless you are going during a Holiday time and they are booked up. I have found that the best prices are usually between 3 and 6 weeks before your trip. Keep checking back.

Generally good advice but a 3 week compact car hire from MCO 3 weeks from now via Expedia is coming in at £1,600, the same price as I am getting quoted for our August trip.

I've always booked via Expedia and never paid more that £600.

Looking like it's going to be the first trip without a rental car. I'm kinda warming to the idea anyway. Might just rent for a couple of days as and when it's needed for longer trips out (that's if cars are available). It makes sense as the resort parking itself is going to be $550 and our car must be parked up for 75% of the time we are there anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter