Has anyone felt motion sickness from Flight of Passage

Status
Not open for further replies.

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Has anyone felt motion sickness from Flight of Passage? I would like to try it but I do not want to have to go back to the hotel sick.

Deb.

Yep! I even took motion sickness pills before hand. Now my daughter who gets motion sick in the car was fine on FOP.

Yes. I get motion sick on lots of things and this was no exception. It was one of the worse offenders but it was a great ride...what I saw of it. I could tell fairly quickly that is was going to cause trouble so I closed my eyes but I had to keep looking because it was so cool. Not sure if I will do it again.

I get motion sickness on things like Star Tours, Mission Space, etc. I’ve ridden FoP three times, twice I had no feelings of motion sickness at all, once I did. Can’t readily explain the different experiences/reactions.

Big time! I made the mistake of not watching a video of the ride before riding it. I wanted to be surprised. I heard multiple times before riding that it was "Soarin' on speed". I love Soarin'! I thought it won't be bad. I was horribly wrong. I made it about 30 seconds before I started feeling horrible. I tried closing my eyes, but then there was wind in my face. That caused me to hyperventilate a little bit. Then there was mist blowing in my face. I turned my face away from the screen and that helped a little. After it was over I thought for sure my cookies would be tossed. The woman next to me even asked if I was okay. Somehow the long exit queue made me feel better, but I will never ride it again.
To compare - if I do not watch the road in a moving vehicle (any moving vehicle), I get nauseous. I can handle Mission Space Green just fine, but probably couldn't ride it more than once in one day. I absolutely cannot do Star Tours any more. That one ruined an entire day for me a few years ago. I can't handle most roller coasters, especially ones that go upside down.
I say, if you're prone to motion sickness, maybe take Dramamine or something before riding. I won't risk ruining an entire day at WDW to ride it ever again.

I am very motion sick prone; ill on car rides (must be upfront), Simpsons at US and any spinning rides.

I take ginger pills or Bonine in the AM and it helps me get through any nausea issues I have.

I have had no issues with FOP. If your nervous, take a motion sickness in the AM.

My adult daughter did.

She took a ginger pill about an hour before we rode after experiencing a little nausea on our first flight.

Only on the fast almost straight down action (I close my eyes sometimes). For comparison, I get a bit motion sickness on Disney buses, and sitting in back seat of a regular car, and can barely ride Star Tours (that's the worst offender for me). I think the wind on your face in FOP helps?

I had zero issues with FOP. The rides I have trouble with are Star Tours, Tower of Terror, and Everest.

I can't ride Star Tours, it makes me a little woozy but I don't actually throw up. FOP makes me a little unsteady but not as bad as Star Tours, the glasses falling off my face were part of my problem. After I figured out how to wear a head band and tuck the glasses into that it was better. I don't ride it if my son isn't with me because I don't think it was as great as most people do, I actually like Navi River Journey better but I can ride it and just need a cold glass of water after.

I felt a bit off for a while but my wife was really impacted it it. She rode it once, and never again.

Yes, I totally got motion sickness. I get seasickness, can't do Star Tours and pretty much hated Universal because of all the motion simulator rides, but I thought FOP would be different because I thought it was like Soarin' (which I love and which does not make me motion sick at all).

I started the ride with my eyes wide open and it was okay at first, but then all of the sudden I felt like I was right back on Forbidden Journey and it was awful. There are several times when you free fall and that just completely did me in ... I was just praying for it to be over and telling myself "do not throw up ... do not throw up". I was literally starting to sweat by the end of the ride. I could not get out of there fast enough. While my family explored the gift shop, I just sat outside trying to return to normal.

Like a PP, I kept trying to open my eyes and look around a couple of times because it seemed cool and then it would just get worse.

My DH is prone to motion sickness and took meclizine earlier in the day. He felt woozy after it was done and had no desire to go back, but he wasn't as bad as me. My older daughter gets carsick very easily, but she managed okay. Only my younger daughter actually enjoyed the ride and wanted to go again.

I’ve done Body Wars, Star Tours and RNR once and will never do again.
I have no intention of going on FOP.
I get motion sickness riding in a car unless I’m driving.

I actually did the first time I rode it, but that was because I was still a little off from riding EE one too many times earlier.

The second time I was fine.

I am actually surprised more people don’t get sick on it. It is pretty intense.

I had a fp for FOP last October in the morning. I only had a few hours as I was flying home in the early evening and didn't want to risk getting ill for the whole day.

I suffer badly from motion sickness so I gave up the fp and went to meet Timon, Explorers Mickey and Minnie, Flik and went to watch The Festival of the Lion King.

Magic. Enjoyed all of that.

I get motion sickness very easily. In the backseat of a car, on boats, can’t do Teacups or Star Tours or Mission Space. I get a little queasy even on Soarin’.

I had no problem on FoP whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!