Has anyone ever won trip to wdw

Yep...
I won a trip in 2006...
You can read my trip report...the link is below...
It was the most fabulous thing ever! :banana: People still ask us for details about it all the time! :goodvibes

WOW :faint:
I have just read through the whole of your TR, what an amazing time you had. You truly have a wonderful family and your posts made it all seem 'real' to me.

I must echo what everyone else has said, you are a really lovely person Tammy and the prize could not have gone to a more deserving winner :grouphug:

WOW :faint:
I have just read through the whole of your TR, what an amazing time you had. You truly have a wonderful family and your posts made it all seem 'real' to me.

I must echo what everyone else has said, you are a really lovely person Tammy and the prize could not have gone to a more deserving winner :grouphug:

:grouphug: Thanks! It's a great memory for our family! :goodvibes

Yes I did. From Alamo about 2 years ago. 1st time I had every stayed on Disney propety. It was very nice and exciting to win.

Me, never have that kind of luck to win anything much less a Disney trip! My sister in law and her family did win a trip to Disney many years ago. They opened up a bottle of some kind of orange juice and noticed it printed in the bottom of the cap that they had won a trip for 4 to WDW! They were not even aware of the contest until they saw it in the lid!!!! It was really exciting for them. They have 3 kids, so the company that was sponsoring it gave them a trip for 5 even though it was originally for 4. I remember being very, very happy and excited for them......BUT, OH I WISHED IT WAS US!!!

I won a trip from ABC in 2006 to Soap Weekend. It was for four people - myself, DH, DS (22 at the time) - DD (19 at the time). Stayed at Beach Club - upgraded tickets to hoppers - got lots of soap weekend gifts - welcome reception with several stars on the beach at Beach Club - tour guide for a day at Studios - got to ride RNR with two stars from OLTL - It was a whirlwind two nights and three days but lots of fun and a great one more time vacation with our two youngest kiddos. About six weeks later I got a package in the mail from WDW. It was a photo book with autographed pictures from several of the stars that were at the event. Since they had things planned for us we weren't able to get tickets for autographs and several of us asked if there would be any way to get pictures and autographs. They told us that they would try to get these to us before we left. I had given up hope so receiving these weeks later was a touch of Disney magic.

My husband won a trip in 2005 but it wasn't really a random thing--it was a work contest. Regardless, he won a land/sea trip for our family of 4, it was a $7k value with airfare included! We did 4 nights at the Polynesian and 3 nights on the Disney Cruise, with park hoppers. Only thing we had to pay for was our food while we were on the land portion. My kids LOVED it and now we're hooked into going yearly... ;)

For those of you fortunate ones who have won trips, how difficult was the tax responsibility? Did it make you regret you accepted the trip when you realized how much the taxes would be? Just curious. It always seems like a dream come true, but I'm not so sure if you're saddled with taxes you weren't planning on.

Wone a trip through a local radio station a few years back. You just have to know the real cost of your trip. They tried to tell me that the trip was worth $5000, and the taxes would have been $2000. My husband is an accountant, and we went through and calculated that the trip was only worth $2500, with taxes of $700 on the entire trip. The taxes are the real hassle. Winning a trip can seem great, but if you can't afford the taxes, be careful what you wish for.

I won a trip to Disney in 1991. Stayed in the Beach Club. All meals and tickets paid for. I matched the numbers in my Kmart Flyer to those that were during a commercial for a show in the new fall lineup. My parents paid the taxes because I was just out of college. I had gotten the numbers from a flyer out of the Boston Globe, a paper I got only for the want ads looking for a job.

I won a trip through DInsey. It was airfare and accommodations for 4 plus 4 park hopper passes. We stayed in a suite at the Disney Inn (yes, it was a long time ago)

My husband won 4 days in Orlando for the family at a conference recently. We get tickets for one day to a park of our choice.

Also, my brother (who was 9 or 10 at the time) got his seat number called out at an Auburn Basketball game about 15 years ago. During half time he had to shoot freethrows against another person. He got the most and won a week long trip to Orlando with tickets to Universal. Plus we got a case of Lever 2000 soap.

I won through an online sweepstakes in 2006 (something about the release of Disney's princess and pauper movie). We received deluxe accommodations of our choice (we stayed at beachclub), roundtrip airfare, park hoppers, $500 disney dollars, meet and greet w/a princess and 8x10 photo, all for (4) people for (4) nights.:cool1:

My mom's boss's wife won a week at WDW from McDonalds. I think it was during the "Monopoly" game that they used to do. It was an instant winner she pulled off a box of fries. here's to wishing on a star :wizard:

I guess I should participate in more contests. I'm happy for all of you guys.

I won a trip with Bob and Tom (nationally syndicated now) back in 1999. It was airfare and accomodations at the Dolphin over Mother's Day weekend. I really enjoyed being so close to Epcot.

I love Bob & Tom!

I'll be on here in two weeks time telling you all how the dream team awarded me the Disney Vacation Club!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: At least I can hope right??

I won a trip along with my family back in 2002. We got picked from the radio to go to a board game day in the mall, then after about 10 rounds of all of these different board games, we won the grand prize. We went for 5nights and stayed at the GF with everything you could imagine included!
I remember sitting in the Disney store waiting for the last round to start saying lots of prayers to Walt!
When we won I started crying and jumping up and down ( I was 16 ) so they asked me if it was my first trip, and when I said no it was my 10th they all thought that I was nuts!
We had so much fun that trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter