Has anyone ever used their Discover Card Cashbank Bonus for....

pjlla

DIS Veteran
any of those certificates they offer, instead of the cash? I was about to request a check for the $60 we currently have available for our cashback award, but thought I would take a look at those certificates you can get. Some of them you can get double your money on the certificate. I noticed that one of the major car rental companies has an offer there and thought it might be worthwhile holding off on cashing in the bonus until we were in need of a rental car (hopefully in WDW next year!). If we have $100 in bonus money available, we could get a $200 car rental certificate (or something like that). Has anyone every gotten these certificates? Are they so filled with restrictions that they would be difficult to use? I'd love to hear about any experience with these......Thanks............P:wave2:

I have used the Blockbuster and Red Lobster cards with good results but Budget at the Las Vegas airport refused to honor the $40.00 certificate I had for a car rental.

We have bought 3 Blockbusters cards this past year and had good experiences with them. Catch is they are good only at ONE location.
So, you can't use them in different Blockbusters around your town.
But they are a good deal for a $2. new release dvd.

I looked at the Budget coupon and I am leery that the coupon won't be accepted at Orlando. However, you could call the Budget office and ask.

herc.

Thanks for the info.... maybe I would be better off just getting the cash. The nearest BlockBuster Video to us is about 30 minutes, so we don't use them. And the Red Lobster near us closed about 2 years ago..... Guess I'll just go with the cash!...............P

Yes, I have used them for Lands End, Red Lobster, Stuart Andersons and Toys R Us. Never a problem with any of them. It's kind of like a "free" meal out or a mini shopping spree. I do believe I was even able to use my Lands End one online- I didn't have to call or mail it in. I am almost at the $20 mark again and want to get a Babies R Us gift card, as my neighbors are on a short wait list for adoption (this happened very quickly) and are a bit overwhelmed at all the will have to get; most likely it will be all of a sudden too. So I either want to just give them the gift card, or use it myself to go towards something more substantial for them. :D

We have used both the Red Lobster and Blockbuster cards with no problem. In fact, my DH won't take the cash since you can get double back with some of the cards.

any restaurants in Disney/Universal offered - would be great to get a double award for Rainforest or Hard Rock.

They used to offer double your money Border gift cards. That is how I paid for my teacher gifts one year. I also used the double reward to get a Sharper Image certificate which I used to purchase their air cleaner. I had no problems using either of them.

any restaurants in Disney/Universal offered
No, but here's a link to all that is offered:

Discover

Details on the Red Lobster card:

Present your Red Lobster Gift Card to pay for your purchase. Each time you use it Red Lobster will deduct that amount until you've used the full value of the card. And you can add to the card value at any time! A few other things to know about your Gift Card: (1) Except where required by law, you can't redeem it for cash. (2) Red Lobster won't replace it if it's lost or stolen. (3) Except in California and where prohibited by law, if you don't use your card for a 15-month period, a $1.50 monthly maintenance fee will be deducted from the remaining balance until you start using it again. (4) You can also use it at any Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, or Smokey Bones Restaurant. (5) Cards redeemable in United States restaurants only.

I used it exclusively on Red Lobster cards when they were doubling your money (ie - spend 20, get 40). Now it's spend 20, get 25. Not such a great deal, but better than nothing. I still did the spend 20, get 25 with Land's End because I knew I wanted to make a big order. I got 100 of gift cards for 80, so I was happy with that.

Crabtree and Evelyn still doubles and I did one before Christmas and made a shopping trip up to Hilton Head to buy my Mom her favorite C&E soap. That was a GREAT deal.

Just be sure to stay away from any of the travel deals. The fine print always says to you have to book a certain way, or no other discounts allowed, and you can bet those are no deal.

I used one from Samsonite to get a lime green rolling duffle - it was a great value for me b/c it was when they were still doubling the value of the GC, i.e. spend $20 of your cashback bonus and get a $40 card. And at the time, the $40 GC didn't have any restrictions or minimum spending amounts. So I got my $59.99 duffle for $20 bucks. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter