Has anyone ever sent monthly payments to Disney in order to pay off their vacation?

mickerbaby

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this is a stupid question or not but I was wondering if it is possible to send a payment to Disney each month so that the vacation will be paid off before we arrive, will Disney allow this? Can it be done on-line? I'm only paying for a room rather than a package not sure if that matters.
I couldn't think of a reason why Disney would care, but I couldn't seem to find much info on this subject.
thanks!

Sure! That's pretty much how DW and I paid for our most recent trip (almost a year ago). We sent the payments via snail mail (not sure if it's possible to do online, but you can always call/e-mail and ask), pretty much monthly (you can send in a payment whenever you like). The thing to remember, however, is: You must have the entire amount paid 45 days prior to your arrival, or they'll cancel your reservation.

HTH! :)

letterdavidman said:
Sure! That's pretty much how DW and I paid for our most recent trip (almost a year ago). We sent the payments via snail mail (not sure if it's possible to do online, but you can always call/e-mail and ask), pretty much monthly (you can send in a payment whenever you like). The thing to remember, however, is: You must have the entire amount paid 45 days prior to your arrival, or they'll cancel your reservation.

HTH! :)
I thought with Room Only Reservations you can pay for the rest of it when you check in.

yearbook50 said:
I thought with Room Only Reservations you can pay for the rest of it when you check in.
That's right. you only need the deposit paid in advancve to hold your room only reservation, but packages must be paid 45 days in advance!

On my room only reservation last January, I had a one night deposit down that I paid six months before to hold the room and paid the balance when we arrived at the resort.

yearbook50 said:

That's true because that is what we have done in past years, just pay the deposit for our "room only" reservation when I booked the trip and then paid
the balance when we arrived. But this year, I just want the room paid off prior to arrival so we won't be hit with a huge credit card bill when we get home!! :blush:

I usually pay at 45 day intervals. The 45 days before my vacation and then I count back in 45 day increments for most of the remaining payments until I reached my reservation/deposit day. This makes it easy fo me to divide up the payments in even amounts. I only have two more payments remaining. YEAH!

If the reservation was made on the telephone, then you can pay it off early. I'm doing that right now so it'll be paid off by the time i arrive.

If you book the room-only plan online, then you cannot make extra payments. Any payment made will appear to be processed, however it will be credited back to your debit/credit card account. There is a sticky about it on the codes and rates section....here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=905380

Hi, I've paid in full at time of reservation and I've saved on my own little by little, I opened a vacation account saved and used that debit card to pay when checking in and on several trips I've called to make payments from time to time, not a problem at all. Good luck and hope this helps.

"You must have the entire amount paid 45 days prior to your arrival, or they'll cancel your reservation."

This statement is not true! Disney WILL NOT CANCEL your reservation if it is not paid by the 45 day mark. Actually they will sent you out a "past due" letter informing you that you still owe on your vacation to please call and make your payment by such and such date, usually by 35-30 days before your arrival date, so you have a additional 10-15 days. They will also attempt to call you before it is canceled.

I did the online payments for our package last year. It was great, every month I would log in and make a payment. It was under the My Disney Vacation link then under Itinereies (I think).

We make monthly payments too. When we book we have to leave a deposit, and the final payment is due 45 days before our arrival (this is when we book a package, which we've done for the last three trips).

I figure out how many 30 day periods there are between our initial payment and final payment and divide that into the balance due to figure out how much my monthly payment is. I've made payments through the web site and by phone. I love spreading it out this way!

I could be wrong, but I thought you couldn't make payments for room-only reservations. I know you can make them with packages, but I thought I read on the Dis somewhere that room-only reservations didn't allow for payments. If I am wrong, someone please correct me so I can pay monthly and won't have sticker shock at check-in. :rotfl:

Can I call and charge the reminder of my room-only ressie to my CC BEFORE I arrive?

I'm waiting to see if Nov codes come out, then I want to pay off the full amount, but charge it so I can get my Disney dollars applied before we go on the trip!

01Sweetpea said:
Can I call and charge the reminder of my room-only ressie to my CC BEFORE I arrive?

Yes. I am making payments so that when i arrive the room is already paid off. :goodvibes

westbrush said:
"You must have the entire amount paid 45 days prior to your arrival, or they'll cancel your reservation."

This statement is not true! Disney WILL NOT CANCEL your reservation if it is not paid by the 45 day mark. Actually they will sent you out a "past due" letter informing you that you still owe on your vacation to please call and make your payment by such and such date, usually by 35-30 days before your arrival date, so you have a additional 10-15 days. They will also attempt to call you before it is canceled.

Not on the room only Ressie. Mine says it has to be paid upon arrival.

Also, for the OP, you can call in and apply however much using your credit card at any time.

For room only, you have to call your payments in and the room does not have to be paid in full until you check-in. For packages, you must be paid in full 45 days out and you can make payments by phone or online as well as snail mail. I've done both packages and room-only and always make payments every 2 weeks when I get paid. That's the only way I can afford these vacations. I wouldn't be able to do it if I had to pay for them all at once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter