Has anyone ever rerode a ride you hated and really liked liked it afterwards?

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by TaylorsDad, May 15, 2018 at 6:59 PM.

1. TaylorsDad

TaylorsDad DIS Veteran

Although still not a big fan of the new fast and furious, I rode it a total of 3 time because ones opinion can change for many reasons even including which ride vehicle you are place within. However, this reminded me of the first time I rode the Hulk ride. I got off the ride feeling like my head was a pinball in a pinball machine. I decide I would never ride it again. Flash forward one year and I went with some family and my nephew talked me into riding it again. This time was pure magic and the Hulk is now one of my all time favorite rides. I think I just didn't have my head positioned properly in the headrest the previous year. Since then I make a point to ride something at least once or twice more before passing judgement. Anyone else with similar experiences?

2. PrincessWithABlaster

PrincessWithABlaster DIS Veteran

Not rides that I really hated but rides I wasn't a big fan of, yes. I've had the opposite experience too where a ride I liked was not so great the second time. Position or Ride vehicle can make a big difference.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. CAPSLOCK

CAPSLOCK Mouseketeer

Sheikra in Busch Gardens was like that for me - the first time around, I was in the third row. You don't really hang over the drops, so it took a lot of the novelty out of the ride. The second time I was in the front row, and it was a totally different and much more exhilarating experience.

5. AuroraluvsPhillip

AuroraluvsPhillip DIS Veteran

I had a tough time the first time I rode FJ, had to close my eyes a lot, and felt a bit queasy after. Last fall I tried it again after skipping it for a few years, and now I love it and go on it multiple times per visit. I think knowing the sequence of movements, screens helps your mind prepare. Also, as others have noted, front vs. back vs. center of the vehicle can make a big difference in the experience.

Cuchman likes this.
  6. slford00

slford00 Mouseketeer

I wouldn't say that I hated or even disliked it, but The Mummy at USF has grown on me TREMENDOUSLY over time. I thought it was pretty "meh" the first time I rode it several years ago, then every time I went back each year I always found myself surprised at how much better it was than I remembered. Now it's one of my favorite rides at USF.

7. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Rip ride rockit.

And I still don’t really like FJ, but I now know that I have to watch my hunger and thirst levels before riding or it makes me sick. I have to be in the sweet spot between having eaten but not too much and not too many hours before, and I have to not be dehydrated. Otherwise, ugh.

I dislike it less when I’ve made sure my body is ready for it. :)

schumigirl likes this.
  8. schumigirl

schumigirl It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

We did F&F 3 times yesterday.......

We like to give rides a chance.......it was still dreadful after the 3rd ride. Will not ride again so no change of opinion from the first time.

Fallon we tried twice last year.......still hated it......couldn’t suffer him any more.

That’s me exactly.

Got to have the full/not too full balance right.........and not have too much liquid swishing around.....but be hydrated.......lol......

Except Simpson’s........nothing works with that for me..........

9. keishashadow

keishashadow Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!

F&F seemed to worsen for us no matter where in the car we sat.

Wasn’t a fan of Kong first ride thru. Going to chalk it up to being rather short & stuck in middle of car surrounded by giants:rolleyes1. Missed out on most of it. Now, we do multiple repeats each trip but have yet to brave the standby queue

10. Seeker615

Seeker615 Harry Potter Fanatic!

We did not like the new Kong ride the first time through. We were squashed in the seats and my husband was stuck next to someone with terrible B.O.!
    We decided to try one more time and we had a much better experience. We actually toured the outside before going into the indoor section. We didn't do that the other time.

Also - I really liked Rip Ride Rocket until last year. We both got off the ride and felt like we were in a car accident! Never again!

11. pattyw

pattyw DIS Veteran

I find that for any thrill ride, I get very anxious about riding and really don't enjoy it the first time. I try to make myself go on again and usually like it as I know what to expect. I was absolutely terrified the first time I rode The Mummy- it is now my favorite UO ride!!

12. Cuchman

Cuchman Mouseketeer

I wouldn't say hated - but I wasn't that keen on Transformers for some reason the first time I rode it. Maybe I was too visually overwhelmed to enjoy it or something. But on subsequent rides, I love it.

13. Squirlz

Squirlz DIS Veteran

First ride of Gringott's left me underwhelmed, but it gets better every time now.