Has anyone ever heard of the franchise Curves??

kdibattista

<font color=darkorchid>It left an indent the size
It's an all women's health club and I am just wondering if anyone has had any experiences.... good or bad. I have an appointment on Wednesday.

they have those here in indy...i haven't been to one before though...i used to go to bodygenics years ago...i think it's the same idea. it's all women...i enjoyed going, but i just didn't stick with it!

You might want to check out the WISH board. A bunch of people over there are Curves members and as far as I know they all have positive things to say about it! I'd go myself if I could!

Thanks Liz... don't know why I didn't think of that... it's just one of those days :crazy:

I LOVE Curves! I go three times a week. I have arthritis in my left knee that prevents me from doing one of the exercises, but otherwise, it's a good work-out for me. If I diet too, I really do lose weight!

I do not go to Curves, but I have several friends who do ~ and they all LOVE IT!! I belong to a gym just because it is so inexpensive for me (my family owns a business and we belong to a business exchange so I only have to pay 10% of the cost!), otherwise I would also go to Curves with them!! From what I hear about it, I would recommend anyone to go there! ;)

I LOVE Curves, and believe me, I never thought I would say that about exercise. I go three times a week, and it's really energizing and helps me be in a better mood after work. Definitely give it a try!

I've always hated going to gyms...walked into Curves to see what it was like and feel in love with the concept! 30 minutes 3 times a week and it's really working! I no longer look for excuses for me NOT to go work out because it's so fun there and so quick!

I joined Curves back in September and I go 3-4 times a week. I still love to go. I never really exercised before but when I joined Curves I have not found an excuse of why not to go. The 30 minutes goes by so fast you are done before you realize it.
And so far everyone that I have met that has joined love it.
Plus you can check out other Curve locations. I don't know any other places that let you go to other clubs. I like the fact it is just woman and no men. (You don't have to worry about looking your best).

:D

I just joined too! So far, so good. For me, one of the best parts (besides the fact that it's only 30 minutes) is that it's really a no-brainer! Don't have to think about what to do next, for how long, how many reps, etc. I just go and do! I get out of it what I put into it. My first weigh/measure is next week....I'll keep you posted!

Thanks for all the responses. I have an appointment tonight and I am really looking forward to it!!

When you go, ask if they have any "specials" on memberships. The one near me will waive the $149 registration fee next week if you donate a bag of non-perishable food for the food bank!

I went this morning for the first time and loved it. I plan on going as often as I can (really need to tone!). They allow the first week free as a trial, so I can join next week on the special!

Elisabeth, maybe I'll see you there -- except I think I'll be going during the day most of the time and I know that you go after work.

Dottie

Dottie, I went for the first time today, too. I was there at 8 am :eek:

The one near me will waive the $149 registration fee next week if you donate a bag of non-perishable food for the food bank

I was told that we will be having that special our local Curves, too. Startup for me would be $67 (I think) and $39 + taxes a month (@42). I'll try it for this week and then see what I decide. I like that it is:
 • close to my job
 • only 30 minutes
 • seems like fun (if exercise can be fun!)
 • friendly
 • open from 6 am to 8 pm M-F, and 4 hours on Saturday
 • have honest to goodness scales!
Onward and upward, or is that downward? :jester:

Another Curves member here! i joined the end of Febraury, but due to being sick and then the kids, I've only been 5 times. I really like it and hope to go 3 - 4 times a week. It works!

Jill

I joined in Jan. and am already down 29 lbs. and a total of 12 inches. It is a perfect place for a busy woman who can only give 30 min. 3x/week to fitness. I am feeling better and my blood pressure is down too! I think it' something you can stay with and don't get tired of, especially when you start making friends that go at your "regular" time of day.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter