Has anyone ever flown Spirit Air out of Detroit?

shaycamp21

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone has ever flown Spirit out of Detroit or otherwise? I found a great flight deal to Orlando for four roundtrip only $468? Just wanted to know some info about them?

I haven't personally flown them, but my mom has out of Detroit many of times and absolutely loves flying with them!

We've flown them a number of times, although we got a better deal with NWA for our upcoming trip.

They tend to fly older MD80 (DC-9) planes. We've had some where the upholstery was showing signs of wear but that's been the exception. It is a discount airline, so don't expect a lot of frills (as if *any* airline has any frills these days :( ). You should be able to find out more about them over on the Transportation Board.

- Mike

Hi,

My SIL just flew with Spirit from Detroit to New York City last weekend. She told me to keep them in mind the next time we flew as she was pleased with Spirit. She is very tall and said that she had lots of leg room and the plane had leather seats. We checked them out for our last trip, but NWA was a lot cheaper. I would go for it! :thumbsup2

We fly DTW-MCO-DTW with Spirit all the time and they are as good as it gets. Aircraft is now upgraded from MD80 to A319 and A320. Only once have I ever gotten a better deal at North West. I usually pay 49.00 to 79.00 each way with Spirit but you do have to watch for them.

We have flown twice with them to Orlando from Detroit . . . I plan on using them this time around, too!!

I have no complaints . . . on time every time and very friendly service!!

Yup... this will be a leap for us too... always have flown AC, Delta or NWA. We have booked $49 each way x 6 people for October-November. Time to give Spirit a try!

OnMedic said:
Yup... this will be a leap for us too... always have flown AC, Delta or NWA. We have booked $49 each way x 6 people for October-November. Time to give Spirit a try!

At those prices, I don't think you can go wrong :thumbsup2 . . . trust me, you won't miss the peanuts one single bit!!

We flew spirit in 98 on our honeymoon they were ok the planes were clean the staff on our trip down was great the trip home was less than stellar mind you. They put us on the runway in teh middle of an electrical storm and had us sit there for over 2 hours it sucked then out of the blue no warning poof we were taking off lots of turbulence and a packed plane kid were getting sick all over the isles and no one helped the parents top clean it up the staff just stepped around it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter