Has anyone ever been to a Grand Opening?

jmb910

Obsessed with anything Disney!
We bought points at Kidani Village and have reservations to stay there on May 1st. Has anyone ever been to a grand opening? What kinds of things can we expect?

What time would be the earliest we could check in? It's not like we would need to wait for a room to be cleaned and become available, right?

Are there any press conferences?

Is there something given out to commemorate it?

Thanks for your help!

One of the writers at Allearsnet blogged her experience as the very first guest to check into AKV (Jambo.) She received a gift basket. Don't recall hearing of other guests getting the same thing. She has reservations for 5/1 and hopes to be the first Kidani guest as well.

SSR (2004) had a low-key ceremony. I remember reading something about the mayor of Saratoga Springs NY being on hand an contributing some water from Saratoga to one of the resort fountains. Don't recall any freebies, though.

I believe BCV (2002) handed out pins on opening day.

DVC could very well make a big deal out of the Jambo opening but I doubt it will be a media circus. And it will probably have to be something you ask CMs about to gain info or you'll have to stumble into the festivities yourself. I wouldn't expect any announcements on the member website, written invitations in the mail, etc.

We bought points at Kidani Village and have reservations to stay there on May 1st. Has anyone ever been to a grand opening? What kinds of things can we expect?

What time would be the earliest we could check in? It's not like we would need to wait for a room to be cleaned and become available, right?

Are there any press conferences?

Is there something given out to commemorate it?

Thanks for your help!

Good question! We will be in Jambo April 30th and than Kidani on May 1. I would think we could check in early since it should all be clean and ready for occupancy:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter