has anyone eaten at the Blue Bayou??

WDWfanatic288

<font color=blue>Is now a card carrying member of
howdy!!
we are making our 2nd trip to DL this December(havent decided on dates yet but we know its gonna be a friday,saturday,sunday trip..like last year) and we thought eating at Blue Bayou would be really cool...my mom cant find a menu there so I was wondering if someone could tell us what its like....me,my bro and Dad are VERY picky eaters so we need to decide if its something we will like....do they at least have a kids menu?
well thanx in advance!!! :p :p

And they do have a kids menu!

DH and I no longer eat there only because it reminds us both of his first girlfriend who he ate there a couple of times with. (It probably bothers me more than him LOL).

I think lunch is better because the prices are more reasonable.

After the rope is dropped I usually walk over there and get seating for 11:30 AM and that will get you a "riverside" table.

well thanx for the help!!!
I'll show my Mom the menu tonight!!! :p :p

After the rope is dropped I usually walk over there and get seating for 11:30 AM and that will get you a "riverside" table.
It won't necessarily get you a riverside table. I called the week before from home, since I was staying at the DLH, and made a PS for 11:30. When I got to BB before 11:30, there were mobs of people there. When they opened, they worked their way down the list, fairly quickly, but we were one table in from the side of the river. Still, not a bad spot, but I think LOTS of people know what to do and when to go.

One more thing...when I went up to the desk and said I had a PS, she said, "do you have your card?" (I guess they give out a card with you name and PS time when you do it in person?) And I told her I had called and made a PS. She said, "from your hotel?" And I said, "no, from home" and she *gasped*. So I quickly jumped in with, "I'm staying at the DLH now though." And she said, "ok". But she seemed a little leary. :confused:

Well, I am 3 for 3 with the rope drop technique.... actually I usually get a Indiana Jones FASTPASS and then hit the Blue Bayou. I think getting the ticket gives you a better chance of riverside seating.

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>Well, I've got to try the Blue Bayou again. I've only eaten there once, and my friend wasn't the best companion. Me thinks it's time to go again for a better experience. :p

thanx...but i have another question?
whats on the kids menu??

We were just there on Thursday July 12. We made our PS at City Hall for 1:00. We arrived a few minutes early, asked for a riverside table and were seated at one immediatly. It was a great experience.

Wow! You made your ressie at City Hall and not the restaurant? I didn't know you could do that!!! Were you staying at a Disney Hotel? Would love some more info on this. We're planning on lunch in late August.

Thanks in Advance!

Party Teacher

I did not know you could do that at City Hall either. They are not computer linked, so how do they know how many to give out?

I had read some time ago on these boards- avoid the crowds and steps, reserve at city hall. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn. Just stepped up, asked for a PS, they asked what time (they are computer linked), checked availability, took our name and handed us a card. It was that simple. They will do PS for several places there. DCA guest relations will do PS for their restaurants too.

Just dug up our souvenir pirate hats that the kids' menu is on; we ate there on June 28, '01. Here it is:

Mousekemeal (for young Buccaneers 8 years and under)
note: all my kids ordered from this menu...they are 12, 10, 8; even though the menu says "8 and under", when we checked in at the desk, they asked how many kids under 11, and the waiter said that it was for kids "under 12", but that my DD was fine ordering from it. (??)

Long John's Special $6.99
Mickey Chicken Nuggets, served with mashed potatoes, and a corn cobette

Captain's Treasures $6.99
Mini Corn Dogs, served with mashed potatoes, and a corn cobette

Buccaneer's Bounty $6.99
Fresh pasta covered with a hearty tomato sauce, served with grated Parmesan cheese

Entrees include your choice of beverage
Coca-Cola - diet Coke - Sprite - Milk - Mint Julep - Apple Juice - Lemonade by Minute Maid

Aye Mateys, there's more!
Gelatin dessert from the Galley
note: my kids said that it was raspberry jello, and it was in the shape of Mickey's head with whipped cream on top.

Sales tax not included

Thanks MaryAnn, I tried to scare up the "Pirate Hat" menus from my stepkids, but they have been destroyed. Kids for ya! They both had the Buccaneer's Bounty (We told them they have had enogh chicken nuggets) and declared it delicious.

The Jello Mickey was so cute, and they both even shared their dessert with us! :D

I have found that the quality of food at the Blue Bayou is not what it use to be...but if you want the atmosphere (which can't be beat), try having dessert a little while before they close. We did this during Fantasmic! and had a riverside table, and practically the whole place to ourselves (it does get loud in there sometimes). It was wonderful!!! If you do decide you want a meal, definitely do lunch rather than dinner, and if it works for you, do the first seating - not so loud, and if you are there first you have a better chance at a riverview table.

Have a great time!!!

Amy (a fellow picky eater!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter