Has anyone eaten at Big River Grille and Brewing Works at Boardwalk? Was it crowded?

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
Its a TS credit on the DDP correct?
They don't accept ADR's though.
I'm wondering if they are busy during lunch time?
We'd be going on 12/9 for lujnch prior to going to MK for MVMCP.

We have been a couple times recently and both were walk ins...one lunch and it was no problem and not overly busy. The other walk in was a late dinner and also not busy. We have also sat at bar a couple times to watch games on TV and have drinks. Not a big issue there either.

We made a reservation through open table.
Sat outside.....I think it was Jan. It's a nice place.

The fact that it's not crowded is probably the nicest thing that can be said about that place. Be aware they don't have a fryer. No french fries. It also smells like dirty mop all around that area on the boardwalk.

The fact that it's not crowded is probably the nicest thing that can be said about that place. Be aware they don't have a fryer. No french fries. It also smells like dirty mop all around that area on the boardwalk.

Don't get me wrong I love fries but the only things on the menu that would even warrant fries are the couple of burgers that instead are served with chips which really isn't THAT uncommon.
The rest of the main dishes either don't need a side or come with a more appropriate side than fries.
Example I'll probably get the chicken mac n cheese because... why not lol.
My sister will likely get the steak and mashed potatoes.

Don't get me wrong I love fries but the only things on the menu that would even warrant fries are the couple of burgers that instead are served with chips which really isn't THAT uncommon.
The rest of the main dishes either don't need a side or come with a more appropriate side than fries.
Example I'll probably get the chicken mac n cheese because... why not lol.
My sister will likely get the steak and mashed potatoes.

Have you eaten there before? I know the menu sounds appealing. It's a really bad restaurant. One of the worst on property. Also, know that it isn't run by Disney. The food is bad. Really bad.

Have you eaten there before? I know the menu sounds appealing. It's a really bad restaurant. One of the worst on property. Also, know that it isn't run by Disney. The food is bad. Really bad.
Did you even read my post? I was asking if it's crowded so I believe that implies I have not eaten there.
It not being own3d by Disney means nothing about the quality.
Also it being the worst is only your opinion.
I go to restaurants based on what I find appealing. If I went based on reviews I would not have known that I like a number of restaurants that plenty of people dislike.
I really just wanted to know if it would be crowded or not.

Did you even read my post? I was asking if it's crowded so I believe that implies I have not eaten there.
It not being own3d by Disney means nothing about the quality.
Also it being the worst is only your opinion.
I go to restaurants based on what I find appealing. If I went based on reviews I would not have known that I like a number of restaurants that plenty of people dislike.
I really just wanted to know if it would be crowded or not.

It is never crowded. That should tell you something... I'd definitely suggest you at least walk by and check out the smell before committing to eat there. Just trying to help.

It is never crowded. That should tell you something... I'd definitely suggest you at least walk by and check out the smell before committing to eat there. Just trying to help.
You're giving me your bias opinion not help. Boatwright's Dining Hall is often empty and many warned me against going but I love it there.
I'm not trying to be rude to you but I feel ike you are just giving unsolicited advice when all I wanted to know was the crowd level so I could appropriately manage my time.

You're giving me your bias opinion not help. Boatwright's Dining Hall is often empty and many warned me against going but I love it there.
I'm not trying to be rude to you but I feel ike you are just giving unsolicited advice when all I wanted to know was the crowd level so I could appropriately manage my time.

Funny thing about a message board. You don't get to dictate what people write about. People post opinions on here.

Take it with whatever salt you want. Much better restaurants around the boardwalk include: ESPN, Bakery, Al Forno, FF, Cape May, Beaches and Cream, Yachtsman, and Hannahs. Not all of those are great, but they are all much better than Big River. Would love to hear what you thought of it after you go (food and smell).

Take it with whatever salt you want. Much better restaurants around the boardwalk include: ESPN, Bakery, Al Forno, FF, Cape May, Beaches and Cream, Yachtsman, and Hannahs. Not all of those are great, but they are all much better than Big River. Would love to hear what you thought of it after you go (food and smell).
Pretty sure those are not all 1 TS credit.
If I can even recall this thread I'll let you know what I thought when I return home on 12/11.
I may be going in late August but that would be F&W oriented and I would not eat at any TS locatiions.

No need for the sarcasm. You specifically asked if anyone had eaten there, which implies how is it. You received feedback

Your second question was is it crowded

We haven’t been in years. It can get crowded in the evenings, especially w convention goers, if one is in flight. We ate inside once, very loud crowded and uncomfortable. Outside was much nicer, but during the day can be in full sun.

I didn't find it bad at all...the food. The places we deem worst on property: Tony's, Bongos, Marrakesh. And if you take TRex and Rainforest....this place is a step up. DH ate at ESPN the same trip we had a dinner at Big River and he was more impressed with Big River. Both our visits were recent.

We ate there twice for lunch in Feb. We did not need a reservation and were sat right away. I went in expecting to not enjoy it and I was thoroughly surprised. Very good food and beer. We sat outside both times and the view is incredible

Now that the mod made it clear that I in fact asked for reviews I welcome them.
Let me know what you thought of the food and smell please.
Wet mop? Sad that there are no fries?
Crowded? What time did you go?
How recently did you go?

Last edited:
We walked up for lunch once with no problem. The only time we've ever been turned away (or, unwilling to wait an hour to be more specific) was on an evening of a holiday weekend.

Although not specifically asked for, I'll throw in my two cents. There is definitely better food in the area. I found the food to be very salty and the indoor seating area was quite cramped. The server was very nice, but, if you like dining outside, I would request a table there. For a 1 TS credit lunch, we definitely prefer Ale & Compass over at YC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter