Has Anyone done the Tier 1 Festival of the Lion King pkg?

Ohanaof3

Mouseketeer
Hi, I have booked the dining package, but was wondering about opinions from people that did it? I am going with two non adventurous eaters ds 14 and 19. We always need to see FOLK and safari tour on every trip. Also, do you tip for dining that you order, or the package price? Do you tip the tour guides?
TIA

Hi, I have booked the dining package, but was wondering about opinions from people that did it? I am going with two non adventurous eaters ds 14 and 19. We always need to see FOLK and safari tour on every trip. Also, do you tip for dining that you order, or the package price? Do you tip the tour guides?
TIA

I have not done the lion king package but am this summer and very much looking forward to it. I plan to tip on the cost of the food I am ordering not the $99 cost of the meal because the totaled up food cost will be more. I didn’t plan to tip the safari driver but I guess I should see what others say regarding that. Didn’t even think about it until you mention it.

We did this with our DD and DSIL last month. It was a Christmas gift for them along with DAH at AK. We all thought it was an excellent value. Our seats for Lion King we’re front row of the Giraffe section, another package party was seated with the warthogs. The safari was really nice, we were led by one of the animal carers who gave us a lot of inside/behind the scenes tips.

Our dinner at Tiffins was very tasty and the cost of most of our meals actually exceeded the $99 price.

We did this with our DD and DSIL last month. It was a Christmas gift for them along with DAH at AK. We all thought it was an excellent value. Our seats for Lion King we’re front row of the Giraffe section, another package party was seated with the warthogs. The safari was really nice, we were led by one of the animal carers who gave us a lot of inside/behind the scenes tips.

Our dinner at Tiffins was very tasty and the cost of most of our meals actually exceeded the $99 price.

Good to hear!!!

Have this booked the Aug and looking forward to it, thanks!!

I just booked this for our upcoming trip, and I'm really excited about it! FOTLK and the safari are my two "must do" things at AK, and I've never been to Tiffins but am always up for good food! Seemed like a good deal to me!

Our FOTLK performance is 3:00pm and our Tiffins time is 6:15, so I guess we do the safari in between those two? That would be pretty great!

An AK animal caregiver will come to your seat at FOTLK when the show is over and collect you. There’s a bathroom stop then the safari.

Our dinner at Tiffins was very tasty and the cost of most of our meals actually exceeded the $99 price.[/QU
Where you able to order from the regular menu or was there a specific menu for this package?

We were able to order any appetizer, entree and dessert from the regular menu. There may have been some restrictions on the wine (not sure, DD is the wine drinker) but we all also had an adult beverage of some sort as well as a glass of Prosecco each.

Bumping this to ask about recent experiences. We’re considering doing the package on our trip next month. Was hoping to find a lunch reservation for Tiffins, followed by the show and Safari. However, even if we put in the earliest possible time for lunch, it still shows going to the show show at 5 PM. Does the Safari ever come before the show? If not, should we just plan to do some other things in between lunch and the 5 PM show?

I’m interested in the Package also but thus far no dates in to November. Do you think they will extend it into November? It gets dark early then, so wondered if they’d schedule the safari ride at night.

Bumping this to ask about recent experiences. We’re considering doing the package on our trip next month. Was hoping to find a lunch reservation for Tiffins, followed by the show and Safari. However, even if we put in the earliest possible time for lunch, it still shows going to the show show at 5 PM. Does the Safari ever come before the show? If not, should we just plan to do some other things in between lunch and the 5 PM show?
I booked this for later in the month and there is no rhyme or reason re: what FOTLK show you are assigned to. For instance, I would choose an 11:50am reservation and that would be the 5pm show, but a 12:05pm reservation would be the 3pm show, a 12:30pm reservation would be the 6pm show, etc. It was annoying that you had to keep choosing the Tiffin's time and then find out on the next screen which FOTLK show that particular meal time assigned you to, but I did figure it all out (fitting in with my FPs as well - again, took some careful planning but I did it).

I booked this for later in the month and there is no rhyme or reason re: what FOTLK show you are assigned to. For instance, I would choose an 11:50am reservation and that would be the 5pm show, but a 12:05pm reservation would be the 3pm show, a 12:30pm reservation would be the 6pm show, etc. It was annoying that you had to keep choosing the Tiffin's time and then find out on the next screen which FOTLK show that particular meal time assigned you to, but I did figure it all out (fitting in with my FPs as well - again, took some careful planning but I did it).

Booked it for Aug, dinner Tiffins @ 6PM, and states show time is 3PM, I go and look and no show scheduled at 3 but 3:30.....??

I could not choose what show time just the dinner time.......

We did this and June and absolutely loved it! We did 11:30 lunch with 5pm show then safari. (Orig has 3:30 show and safari but changed around schedule for day and luckily modified lunch to same time but later show). Anyway we could order anything on menu for app and lunch and dessert. There were restrictions on alcohol and he said I couldn’t order a mixed drink so since I get headaches from wine and don’t like beer I got a watermelon sprite type drink which was very refreshing. They do give you a glass of champagne at the start of your meal. Our food was more than $99 so tipped according to our actual food cost (as if we had paid that). We got the surf and turf. I don’t like lobster so my teen got hers and mine. Didn’t tip the guide. Learned a lot of cool stuff about the safari and animals. Worth every penny.

Oh, thanks for the info re: mixed drinks. That's a strike against keeping the reservation - the Nomad/Tiffin's cocktail list is one of the bigger draws for us.

Thanks for your experience with booking this experience. Kept playing around with it and finally found a lunch and earlier show combination that works.

Any word on if this will continue past September? We loved it last year and would happily book it again for this November....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts