has anyone done land & sea? Is it easy? Future graduation present

JecHec

Mouseketeer
Hi. Has anyone done land and sea? I have heard various "stories" but would like to get more consensus from my peeps out there..

Hi. Has anyone done land and sea? I have heard various "stories" but would like to get more consensus from my peeps out there..
Are they still doing land & sea packages? They weren't for a while.

The land & sea package I'm familiar with often wasn't that great a deal. You were locked into a specific category of room onboard the ship, based on the type of accommodations you had in the land part. And the included meals really didn't mean much, since onboard the ship the meals are already included.

It was often a better deal to book the land and sea parts individually.

I've done my own "land & sea" package, and it wasn't a big deal to organize. As @PrincessShmoo said, doing it yourself seemed (to me, at least) to be a better overall deal.

Whenever we sail out of PC or Miami, we include some WDW time, but we always manage the land portion as a separate reservation, using our DVC points. Doing a cash reservation would not be much different, and you have more control over the choice of resort and any park passes purchased along the way.

So I would be able to arrange the whole luggage at the ship thing also?

So, I want to have 2 days at WDW, then have our luggage be sent to the ship, ride the bus to the ship etc..

Thanks guys!! Perfect. Our first Cruise we had a travel agent but thereafter, I have arranged them. So, sounds like I can do this one also.

I did it but booked separately - easier and had more choices for where I wanted to stay. It was easy and I booked the DCL bus from port to the resort. Ah the memories!

We always add a few days at WDW either before or after our cruises. We prefer before when it works out as WDW can be so exhausting. We then like to relax on the cruise.

We always book them as individual reservations. If you add nights to your cruise reservation through DCL they charge a specific rate for the resort room. By booking on your own for the WDW portion you can take advantage of any discount pricing that may be applicable to your resort room. You also have way more flexibility if you want make changes to your resort room. Booking transfers from resort to the port and the port back to the airport is easy (there is a per person fee). The only thing you will have to arrange outside of Disney is transfer from airport to WDW as in Jan 2022 they are no longer doing Magical Express (the complimentary bus and luggage service) from airport to WDW.

MJ

I did but I booked mine separate. I did that because I was told if you book land/sea as a package you can not take advantage of WDW resort or dining discounts. I am not sure if that is true or not though.

I've really enjoyed blending a cruise with time at WDW, yes. I didn't book it as a package- I just booked each part separately. I've enjoyed WDW first and then cruising, and I've enjoyed cruising first and then WDW. Some people will swear you should only do WDW first and then cruise second, but I haven't found that to be true. Both ways have been enjoyable for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter