Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

So we finally jumped in and decorated our bands and I'm so glad we did! Special thanks to HockeyMomNH for the inspiration on Figment and the Castle. My 13 year old daughter LOVED your castle so much she wanted to do it for her band and changed it up a bit :) I did the Mickey Minion for me and the hubby wanted Figment so thank you :) We are pretty happy with how they turned out!

MB_zps6fb1d5d9.jpg

MBH_zps7cbdf566.jpg

Drnifer......
Well.... I got my acrylic paints & matte sealer yesterday. Forgot tracing paper, will pick it up today.
Calling on some "pixie dust" to help me do a half decent job. :faint:
Was thinking about painting directly on the band. I see you used a base coat first. I would like a matte finish. Think its possible? Was it nail polish you used..matte/gloss?
Keep you posted on how it goes.

threelilbears......
I tried to have Justin do ours and he said that he wouldn't have time enough before we left.
How long ahead did he do yours??

So we finally jumped in and decorated our bands and I'm so glad we did! Special thanks to HockeyMomNH for the inspiration on Figment and the Castle. My 13 year old daughter LOVED your castle so much she wanted to do it for her band and changed it up a bit :) I did the Mickey Minion for me and the hubby wanted Figment so thank you :) We are pretty happy with how they turned out!

MB_zps6fb1d5d9.jpg

MBH_zps7cbdf566.jpg

You guys did a great job. I love that she made the castle design her own. The balloon is perfect!

Just curious did you wait for the white to dry before putting down the tattoo?

I did wait for the white to dry. The one thing I might not have been patient enough with was waiting for the tattoo to dry, but I felt like it was pretty dry.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Packer Band! Please share step by step instructions on how you did that. I would LOVE to make my husband aMB like that!
Thank you so much!

Here is how I did the Packer band with nail polish:
1. Base coat over entire band. Let dry.
2. White coat over entire band. Let dry.
3. Yellow coat over inside part of band (filling in the band holes with polish). Let dry. Repeat.
4. Green coat over outside part of band. Let dry. Repeat.
5. Tattoo from Party City. Arranged on band one at a time Big G first, then big Packers, little G sideways and then Green Bay Packers.
6. White outline around yellow part using nail art pen thing.
7. Let dry overnight.
8. Base coat over entire band. Let dry. Repeat.
9. Present it to DH during Packer game and relax while he tells you what a wonderful wife you and that he loves it!!!! lol

The only thing I would have done different is leave it white under the big G so the yellow wouldn't bleed through. I couldn't ever get the bag method to work and it didn't occur to me to paint white directly on the band until after I saw how much the yellow bled through. This was the first band I did as the trial run before the girls and I did ours.

You guys did a great job. I love that she made the castle design her own. The balloon is perfect!

Thank you so much! She will be thrilled you commented about it! :) Now my dad is wanting a Mickey fishing or something along those lines, he may be out of luck lol! We'll see :)

Drnifer...... Well.... I got my acrylic paints & matte sealer yesterday. Forgot tracing paper, will pick it up today. Calling on some "pixie dust" to help me do a half decent job. :faint: Was thinking about painting directly on the band. I see you used a base coat first. I would like a matte finish. Think its possible? Was it nail polish you used..matte/gloss? Keep you posted on how it goes.
I used clear nail polish base coat, so it's glossy. I'm not sure about painting directly on the band. I got paint on part of the outer gray band(which I did not put base coat on) and was able to rub/peel it off easily with my fingernail, so I'm not sure how well paint will stick without a base coat. Try it and if it peels off, just start over. I'm excited to see yours!

Thank you so much!

3. Yellow coat over inside part of band (filling in the band holes with polish). Let dry. Repeat.
5. Tattoo from Party City. Arranged on band one at a time Big G first, then big Packers, little G sideways and then Green Bay Packers.
7. Let dry overnight.
9. Present it to DH during Packer game and relax while he tells you what a wonderful wife you and that he loves it!!!! lol

The only thing I would have done different is leave it white under the big G so the yellow wouldn't bleed through. I couldn't ever get the bag method to work and it didn't occur to me to paint white directly on the band until after I saw how much the yellow bled through. This was the first band I did as the trial run before the girls and I did ours.

WOW PERFECT!!!! Is the yellow and green paint or nail polish? What brand and color name is it?

Thank you so much!

7. Let dry overnight.

does it have to be the Packers?!

(said in jest as a Bears fan, lackluster performing Bears... at least I don't have to hear about... oh never mind.. :sad: At least we have the BlackHawks! :banana: I'm trying to do a Blackhawk one for dh - he cares not a wit for Football, imagine!):rotfl2:

does it have to be the Packers?!

(said in jest as a Bears fan, lackluster performing Bears... at least I don't have to hear about... oh never mind.. :sad: At least we have the BlackHawks! :banana: I'm trying to do a Blackhawk one for dh - he cares not a wit for Football, imagine!):rotfl2:

or the bad news Bears as my dad use to say. He is a die hard Bears fan as well and he shares your pain. He just about disowned my when I became a Packer fan LOL!!!!

WOW PERFECT!!!! Is the yellow and green paint or nail polish? What brand and color name is it?
It is nail polish. I got it at Walgreens. Brand is Kleancolor Nail Lacquer, #18 neon yellow and#109 green grass.

:offtopic: the packers are sucking pretty bad this year. I'm a Brett Favre fan, dh is a packer fan so every time Rodgers misses a pass or fumbles, I say "Brett wouldn't have done that" lol. After all these years it still riles dh up!!!! (And just between us, Brett would have done that too! :lmao: )

I forgot to take pictures of our bands before we left, so excuse the crappy photos taken in line for the bus. :) I used acrylics and sealed them multiple times. Mine held up really well because I was careful with it. My husband's peeled a little bit at the edges, and my kids were varying degrees of wrecked - they bumped their bands on everything and then picked at them, so.. :( They didn't seem to care that much that they were peeling, so I just bit my tongue.

Here's mine:

I put a coat of glow in the dark paint on the lanterns, it was pretty cool seeing them glow.

My husband wanted MO from Wall-E. I originally thought to do just a big MO over the Mickey head, but came up with this scene instead.

My 10 year old son wanted racing stripes and the number 10, so he got this one. The white circle is covered in glow in the dark paint under the ten.

My 9 year old son wanted glow in the dark skulls.

My 6 year old daughter wanted Cinderella's castle with fireworks overhead. There's glow in the dark paint on her fireworks, too.

And my 4 year old son wanted the Incredibles logo. Sorry it's blurry, but you get the idea.

We got so many comments/compliments on our bands, it was great! Even some of the fur characters grabbed our hands to get a good look at them (usually after the photographer or handler talked about it, otherwise I don't think they would have noticed). Thanks for all the inspiration!

Raidra: LOVE the adorable little "Partners" statue!!!!! What a cute idea!
Also, love the Incredibles one! I was (at one time) thinking of doing that.. got the stickers and everything.. I have changed my mind a few times while reading this thread. May I ask how you did the Incredibles one? paint? polish? What color MB you started out with on that one?

Has anyone used paint pens or sharpies for outlining?

We used nail polish pens (bought at Walgreens) - it just took a while to dry before we could put the clear coat over it. Lasted 2 weeks in Disney and weeks after - the kids still wear their magicbands.

WOW !!!
Everyone's MB's are really "Great" !!!

Well....base coats on....drawing done on band....Will be starting to paint mine today and....yes...Im a little nervous about it!!!!! :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter