Has anyone been to the WL Geyser Point Grill yet?

is that a new restaurant at WL? never heard of it, but now I'm intrigued!

I haven't been, but the Disney website and all reviews indicate it should take quick service credits for the quick service meals. There is also a mug refill station.

Just be aware that the breakfast/lunch/dinner menus are quick service, but the lounge menu (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/wilderness-lodge-resort/geyser-point/menus/lounge/) will be not be dining plan eligble, same as every other lounge at WDW.

Disney Food Blog has a review http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...nt-bar-and-grill-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge/

But some Twitter posts indicate food is hit and miss https://twitter.com/Mousesteps/status/831226581934809088

I haven't been, but the Disney website and all reviews indicate it should take quick service credits for the quick service meals. There is also a mug refill station.

Just be aware that the breakfast/lunch/dinner menus are quick service, but the lounge menu (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/wilderness-lodge-resort/geyser-point/menus/lounge/) will be not be dining plan eligble, same as every other lounge at WDW.

Disney Food Blog has a review http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...nt-bar-and-grill-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge/

But some Twitter posts indicate food is hit and miss https://twitter.com/Mousesteps/status/831226581934809088

Oh burst my bubble today. :sad:

First mistake, QS, that gives them leeway to downgrade the food.

Mousesteps photo :sad2: .......... likely changing my plans now to head over next month.

That is unacceptable.

Oh burst my bubble today. :sad:

First mistake, QS, that gives them leeway to downgrade the food.

Mousesteps photo :sad2: .......... likely changing my plans now to head over next month.

That is unacceptable.

I assume you have seen the pictures of the food on the lounge menu too? such as
Wilderness-Lodge-Geyser-Point-Bar-and-Grill-Cheesy-Barbecue-Brisket-1.jpg

There are sort of two separate places at Geyser Point, a lounge bar and a quick service window. But what makes this location unusual from other bars at WDW is that the servers will bring the quick service menu to the tables as well as the bar snack menu.

I assume you have seen the pictures of the food on the lounge menu too? such as
Wilderness-Lodge-Geyser-Point-Bar-and-Grill-Cheesy-Barbecue-Brisket-1.jpg

There are sort of two separate places at Geyser Point, a lounge bar and a quick service window. But what makes this location unusual from other bars at WDW is that the servers will bring the quick service menu to the tables as well as the bar snack menu.

I had missed Disney Food Blog photos which are better than Mousesteps ... so that I guess means inconsistent ....

Lounge food looks better .......... wonder if they will take Tables in Wonderland ..... so far the site says no.

I had missed Disney Food Blog photos which are better than Mousesteps ... so that I guess means inconsistent ....

Lounge food looks better .......... wonder if they will take Tables in Wonderland ..... so far the site says no.

Yep it does seem to fit with other places, the lounge food looks as good as you would expect in a lounge anywhere at WDW (although they do vary) but the QS food does look like QS food, same as you would get at Roaring Fork.

Yep it does seem to fit with other places, the lounge food looks as good as you would expect in a lounge anywhere at WDW (although they do vary) but the QS food does look like QS food, same as you would get at Roaring Fork.

I just wish when they put out a photo ... that is actually what is there when you order. And 5 fries ..... We laughed last month at POP that there were so many fries on one plate with a burger that all four of us could share them.

Love the look of this place, the view, totally seeing enjoying it but want some good nibbles too if I'm going to trek over there.

I just wish when they put out a photo ... that is actually what is there when you order. And 5 fries ..... We laughed last month at POP that there were so many fries on one plate with a burger that all four of us could share them.

Love the look of this place, the view, totally seeing enjoying it but want some good nibbles too if I'm going to trek over there.

The video menu screens at the QS window do have some photos.

Wilderness-Lodge-Geyser-Point-Bar-and-Grill-Quick-Service-Window-1.jpg

But yes neither the paper menu for the QS nor the lounge has food photos. (you can see the menus at DisneyFoodBlog)

The video menu screens at the QS window do have some photos.

Wilderness-Lodge-Geyser-Point-Bar-and-Grill-Quick-Service-Window-1.jpg

But yes neither the paper menu for the QS nor the lounge has food photos. (you can see the menus at DisneyFoodBlog)

I meant they are putting PR pieces out there that don't match what they are serving.
This is Disney's photo, doesn't match up with what I've seen posted.

BisonBurger38596.jpg

The food was great! I had a Bison burger and its was very flavorful, wasnt too keen on the maironberry sauce, even though I lived in Oregon for a year and loved everything marrionberry.
There is very limited seating though. Also refills on drinks are based on the microchip on the bottom of your cup, very cool new technology!

Also refills on drinks are based on the microchip on the bottom of your cup, very cool new technology!

All Disney resort food courts use that technology, was installed 3-4 years ago. Its to stop the people who bought one refillable mug and shared amongst multiple people by filling unofficial containers. The refill mugs in the Univeral theme parks use the same technology too.

Ryno & Steve did a short video review on it when it opened. That salmon BLT looked good. And the other review I read showed a pic of the crab cake sandwich which wasn't all filler so it would be between those two if I wanted a sandwich. Because it's technically a QS, I wouldn't expect anything to blow me away but as a general rule, I do not order burgers from most places in WDW due to not so good experiences in the past. I know some might enjoy them but not me. Even the one from Kona was seemingly a QS patty, just larger. No, thanks.

That brisket dip is calling my name!! And it looks like it really can be a small meal for one. And the drinks sound good also. I'll make my way over there eventually.

One thing I was hoping was that they might take the passholder discount since it was being offered at Roaring Fork.

Since we will be staying there in June, we will obviously try it out. Rumor is Roaring Fork won't open back up til mid-June. At that point, there has been speculation that GP will be TS (other than the QS window?) but I'm not sure how that would work or if there is any truth to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter