Has Anybody Worked in Recreation?

Sparkie

DIS Veteran
My DD was assigned Recreation. It is unclear what the role includes. Has anybody worked in Recreation and what was your experience?

I've never done it myself, but one of my friends did Recreation and she was a slide operator at the water parks. One of the CPs I work with now did Recreation on a previous program and she worked in a marina renting boats out. It's a pretty varied role and you can get shuffled around a lot if you're working in an "off season" for outdoor activities, since the vast majority of all the possible jobs in that role are outdoors at least some of the time.

DD was Recreation and assigned Children's Activities. I think it may be separately from other rec roles now, though. She worked poolside games, movies, campfires and at a childcare drop-off location. LOVED her role but was the only CP at her location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!