Has anybody stayed at the following

Haven't stayed there, but I'm confused...it says it's located 17 blocks from WDW, which wouldn't make it near the Sherbeth Rd. entrance. The Baymont Inn & Suites in the WDW area are listed on Trip Advisor as being near the Florida Mall, on Vine St. in Kissimmee, and near Universal. None of those locations is near Sherbeth Rd. We stayed last year at Silver Lake Resort, one side of which runs along Sherbeth, VERY close to the AK entrance area. Of course, hotels/motels seem to be bought and sold all the time in Orlando and what was a Holiday Inn one week might be something else the next.

I'm thinking this might be part of what used to be the Holiday Inn Maingate West. At the Sherbeth/192 intersection (on the AK side), there was a Holiday Inn that was split into 2 parts (one part was a high rise/5 or so floors?, and the other was 2 or 3 stories and longish). It was funky colors (pink, teal, etc)Last time I drove that way, the one tall part was closed and had a for sale sign, but the other part was open and re-named something else.

I believe this is it:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...d_Suites_Celebration-Celebration_Florida.html

Edit: I was wrong on the # of floors, but it is the place I was thinking of.

This Baymont Inn and Suites is located near the beginning of Sherberth Road where it intersects with Black Lake Road (it's listed at tripadvisor.com as Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration). As other posters have indicated, it's been associated with a few other chains before becoming a Baymont (two or three years ago, I believe). When it changed to Baymont the owners painted the exterior and cleaned up the grounds. When my wife and I drove by (a week and a half ago) we remarked on its return to shabbiness.
This hotel wouldn't be my choice at any price. I'd bet you could find a much better hotel in the general Disney area for about the same price through Priceline or Hotwire.

Dick Taylor

DH and I stayed here in May, 2011 before beginning our on-site stay, and found it to be clean. Very basic continental breakfast in the am. There were several youth groups staying there, and a wedding too during our visit.

I was considering a stay at this place. But I read the reviews on tripadvisor and saw someone had mentioned bed bugs. It's no longer on my list.

Thank you for all of the information. I will pass it on to my friends. I to recall it being cleaned up but have not been down that way in the past 7 or 8 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter