Harry Potter World Orlando in one day?

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Disneyland1084, May 19, 2017.

1. Disneyland1084

Disneyland1084 OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!

I'm going to WDW next month with my DH and our two DD's. We plan on going to Harry Potter World. We will be getting the park hopper ticket for two parks, and will be skipping the water park. I'm wondering if it's possible to do Harry Potter World in one day if we know ahead of time we probably won't make it on all the rides? How about if we're there from morning until closing? I don't want to buy a two day park hopper in case we don't want to go an extra day. I was told we could upgrade to a two day park hopper the day we're there if we change our minds.

2. wagman67

wagman67 Just winging it...

Yes, you can easily do all things Harry Potter in a single day...plus a lot more. It would be best to be in a position to have Early Entry, as that is the best way to get a good start on the Harry Potter stuff. You may want to consider purchasing Express Passes...they will not help you on the two main HP rides, as they do not accept Express Pass, but the EPs will allow you to work everything else in...easily...within a day.

For the two main HP rides, if you have Early Entry (don't know which park has it the day you are going), you should be able to go through the queue and ride relatively quick...then hop the Hogwart's Express as soon as you can, and get in line for the other main ride...that may take a while. Once you have knocked those out, you can use the Express Passes to hit everything else you want to ride in the parks and you will still have time to walk around all of the other HP parts.

Disneyland1084 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. My2Qtz0205

My2Qtz0205 DIS Veteran

Yes, you can do it. We stayed onsite last July. We waited at the turnstiles for Universal to open, then hoofed it over to Diagon Alley along with everyone else. We rode Gringotts with no wait, then went to the wand show, bought the interactive wands, spent some time playing with that, watched a puppet show, ate breakfast at The Leaky Cauldron, and souvenir shopped all by 11:30. We then hopped the train to Hogsmeade, watched the Triwizard Tournament, waited about 30 minutes or so for FJ, took the train back to Diagon Alley, and then took a mid-day pool break. Easily done, and we are doing it again next month (but no early entry for us somce we are staying at Disney).

5. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

Yes
    You can upgrade to the 2 day p2p ticket the day you are in the park

Must be upgraded before the park closes that day

6. danielocha30

danielocha30 DIS Veteran

yes! it can be done, if you never been in Universal keep in mind to be at the park gate on rope drop, the parking is a good 10 minutes walk from the actual gate, no tram here, walking, you can buy the express pass inside the park, after you see if you need them or not, many rides have single riders, like transformers and spiderman and simpsons are ideal to single ride you will save a lot of time and money. Do eat at one of the HP restaurants and if you're a soda drinker buy one before entering the Harry Potter lands, there are no sodas sold in there.

7. bchbetha

bchbetha DIS Veteran

You can do HP stuff in a day. But while you're hustling past all the other awesome rides and attractions you might wish you had more time to enjoy them too. Universal parks are great. If you've been to WDW several times, maybe give Universal 2 days. It'll be more fun not to be stressing to fit it all in. :)

Kivara, macraven and Disneyland1084 like this.
  8. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

Bchbetha you are so right in that point!