hard to get BWview studio 7 mo window

suedisney

Mouseketeer
:o Can anyone tell me if they've ever had luck getting a BW view studio in July at the 7 mo.window? If so how should I try to get it? Day by day? Move if I can get a few days in a row?:o

I would call MS and ask what availability for your dates looks like first. They can tell you what is currently available.

Originally posted by suedisney
:o Can anyone tell me if they've ever had luck getting a BW view studio in July at the 7 mo.window? If so how should I try to get it? Day by day? Move if I can get a few days in a row?:o

Standard view and Boardwalk view rooms are one of the best reasons to own BWV points! Remember the old saying: Buy where you want to stay.....

Could be tough. I am trying for October / November and due to the MNSSHP and Food and Wine festival, there is just nothing available, and this is sort of slow season. I haven't done wait list yet, but I hear it is fairly successful. Just know that if you get one, it will NOT be a standard view, nor will it be a boardwalk view. It will be a 'preferred' view, which takes more points per night. The view is basically landscaping, water, pool, the Swan or other various things.

I was able to get a BW view at the 8 month window but that is still before it is open to everyone else, so I don't know if that would be encouraging.

For my current upcoming stay, I have a 2bdrm std, but back in early April I wait listed for a BW view 2bdrm and that has yet to come through and I am doubting that it will. If I can't have a guaranteed BW view then I want a std view, so either way I will still be happy. I guess what I am saying is that when you wait list for a std or guaranteed BW view, then your odds go up that you will get it, but if you are ok with just a preferred view, I don't think that you will have a problem with that.

I'm suprised to hear people say"buy where you want to stay". I bought into the dvc in order to try all the hotels at some point. I think alot of people do. I think less people continue to ONLY stay at one place. I'm sure everyone has favorites, but most try the variety in order to say they have a favorite! I bought at SS but am staying at VWL in November for a huge family reunion. I'll do SS next visit when construction is complete, then on the Bw,BC and OKW...............Nov. can't come soon enough....I need a vacation!
Ps. I do understand that if I only wanted BW, I COULD be out of luck, but I think I'll try them all, have a favorite or two, but LOVE all of them! They are all better than home!!!
;)

I think it depends on what type of vacation you are planning. For me I would only be happy at the BWV for my large family gatherings. My guests prefer it over the other resorts for convenience and the grand villas. When I take short trips I still prefer this resort over the others but would be happy to be anywhere in WDW so its not a terribly big issue. I have tried most of them once except SSR and so I have satisfied my curiosity . They have all been wonderful stays and each resort has a different appeal. Having said that, I'm glad I bought at the right resort for me and my family and can experience the joys of the others because I want to and not because I'm forced to.

you can trade with another DVC member - your points for his - really you are trading reservations.

Especially if you really want BW view or standard view.

hey everone is different - while I also own at BWV and VWL - my family loves to gather at OKW. they like the relaxed atmosphere after a hard day at the parks.

If everyone liked the same thing - the world would be very dull....(not to mention DVC)

We were able to score some BW views at 7 months, but these were for January, the lowest of low DVC seasons (well, January and September) and for just a couple of nights. We had rented some OKW points, tho we are BWV owners, and I called right at the 7 month mark and scored the last two BW view studios for the nights we wanted.

For higher demand times, try the waitlist right at 7 months, and you might score the views you want. But then again, I have enjoyed all the rooms we have gotten at BWV, but we own there so we can snag those wonderful low points Std view rooms most of the time.

Originally posted by suedisney
I'm suprised to hear people say"buy where you want to stay". I bought into the dvc in order to try all the hotels at some point. I think alot of people do. I think less people continue to ONLY stay at one place. I'm sure everyone has favorites, but most try the variety in order to say they have a favorite! I bought at SS but am staying at VWL in November for a huge family reunion. I'll do SS next visit when construction is complete, then on the Bw,BC and OKW...............Nov. can't come soon enough....I need a vacation!
Ps. I do understand that if I only wanted BW, I COULD be out of luck, but I think I'll try them all, have a favorite or two, but LOVE all of them! They are all better than home!!!
;)

I don't think it means people want to always stay in one place. I think it means if you could not get anything but your home resort, would you still be happy? What if no other resorts were available at 7 months? I think this warning applies more to people who want to buy at Vero or HH because of the lower upfront prices on resales but want to stay exclusively at WDW. Then they would have to wait until 7 months to get into a WDW resort, if they were all sold out, they would be out of luck, they would have to waitlist.

For BWV, if you really want to guarantee a boardwalk or standard view on a regular basis, it's best to buy there to get first dibs at 11 months. I stay there the first week of December and bought BWV for that reason. I also stay at OKW in May, no problem getting in at 7 months.

The "buy where you want to stay" thing has more to do with "buy where you want to stay most." And it is more important for certain "wants" than other wants. One of those happens to be the BW View or Standard View rooms at BWV. Few of these rooms exist, they are in high demand, and they are filled first come, first serve, so BW owners tend to take them before the seven month window opens for others. In some cases, they tend to book day by day eleven months out. But people do have luck and it isn't unheard of for non-BWV owners to score these rooms.

Originally posted by crisi
The "buy where you want to stay" thing has more to do with "buy where you want to stay most." And it is more important for certain "wants" than other wants. One of those happens to be the BW View or Standard View rooms at BWV. Few of these rooms exist, they are in high demand, and they are filled first come, first serve, so BW owners tend to take them before the seven month window opens for others. In some cases, they tend to book day by day eleven months out. But people do have luck and it isn't unheard of for non-BWV owners to score these rooms.

I agree.

But I think it's fair to say that getting a standard view or Boardwalk view at 7 months is not a common occurence. It's possible, just not very likely. Nearly all of the few that do get lucky have to use the waitlist for at least some of the days they need. That can be nerve-wracking -

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter