Hard Rock versus RP

dlsanchez

Mouseketeer
Is HR worth and extra $25/night for 3 nights over RP? There are some poor reviews of RP on trip advisor.

I have many stays at RPR and have never had an issue like some of the posters on trip advisor. Ever Staff member have been great and extremely helpful. I have 1 stay at hard rock and thought it was bland. Again, no issues, just not my style. I'm a youfirst member and HR doesn't count toward my stats so I haven't been in a couple years except to take pictures for the HR stickies at the top of this page. We like to spend a lot of time at the pool and I will say that, hands down, RPR has the best service staff at the pool area of any of the 3 deluxe resorts. Don't get me wrong, HR is a great resort, I prefer RPR or PBR. Take a look at the stickies.

When I read some of the reviews on TA for RP, I wonder if they're even remotely describing RP!

I don't recognise the place some are describing. And some complaints are beyond petty I have read. There are poor reviews of every hotel in some way if you take time to look. Don't depend on those for a decision.

I would never choose HRH over Rp as it doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, but you aren't me. As pc says have a look at the stickies up top......they all have pictures of the hotels and you may decide you like one more than the other.

Last edited:
We've stayed at RP, PBH, and HRH and we much prefer the HRH. But, as @schumigirl said, it's a personal preference. We're by no means hard rock music people, but we just fell in love with the hotel and staff. I don't think you can go wrong at any of the UO hotels. The TM at Universal are amazing everywhere! You'll read negative reviews about every hotel- it's just human nature that we are more apt to post negatives than go out of our way to post positives. Save the $$ and stay at RP- try the others on other trips and find your home!

Glad to know RP is a great place to stay. I was really wanting to stay there and the trip advisor reviews were scaring me!

What's funny, in some of the reviews,is that the rooms are called rundown. They just completed renovations on the rooms! Have to agree with schumi, not sure the people were at RPR that left negative reviews.

If you have never been to those hotels, reviews can scare anyone off

I have stayed at hrh and many times
And when I stay at one of the two, have visited friends at the other hotel

Both are lovely and great in their own way

When a family of 5 stays in them, some prefer hrh as it has more square footage

Hrh is the smallest hotel for number of rooms
Think they have 650 rooms
Other two deluxe have many more

Check out the hotel stickies for the pictures of both hotels

Both hotels are fantastic! We prefer Hard Rock, but I have had trouble finding it only $25 more per night. At $25 more, we would always stay at Hard Rock. At $75 more per night, not able to justify it on a 7 night stay. With over 50 nights total on-site over the years, there will always be some problems. Both hotel's response and willingness to address any issues is top notch.

We loved Royal Pacific! We stayed in early December and had a wonderful time. We have already booked for this year. We were deciding if we should try Hard Rock, but decided if we enjoyed RPR so much, why change. Maybe one day we will venture out.

Both hotels are fantastic! We prefer Hard Rock, but I have had trouble finding it only $25 more per night. At $25 more, we would always stay at Hard Rock. At $75 more per night, not able to justify it on a 7 night stay. With over 50 nights total on-site over the years, there will always be some problems. Both hotel's response and willingness to address any issues is top notch.
It is $229/night RP and $254/night HR.

We have multiple stays at RPR under our belt. It is wonderful, you will have a grand time. I figure that if a person has a bad time, they are motivated to post it on a review site. And for every bad review posted, there are a thousand more who had nothing wrong, but just didn't tell the world about it. I like those odds.

We've stayed at RPR and HRH and we liked HRH better (this was before the renovation at RPR). However, for our trip in June, it looks like it will be RPR because we can stay club-level at RPR for $25 more per night than a regular/garden-view room at HRH. I could stay for much less than that in a standard room at RPR, but if I'm going to stay in a standard room, it will be HRH. Might as well pay about $25 more per night than HRH and get the benefits of club. It's not that we didn't like RPR, we just didn't love it like we did HRH. I wouldn't base your decision on the reviews on Trip Advisor -- just go with what you think you'd like more.

We love RPR and are staying there again in March. We will be visiting again in August, and have opted to pay an additional $40 per night to stay at HRH instead. We've never stayed at HRH before but thought it looked nice and since the price is right, why not give it a try. Normally it's much more expensive, so harder to justify. IMO, you can't go wrong with either hotel but I'd probably lean towards HRH since the price difference isn't bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter