Happy Mardi Gras!

LSUfan4444

DIS Veteran
We're staying in today but we've enjoyed the Carnival season for sure. Here's a video I made from Sunday. If you have never done Mardi Gras, you should. Even if only once, even if only for a day, even if you don't think you'll like it Mardi Gras is something that should be experienced by all at least once in their life.

video doesn't work for me..I get 'an error occurred. Please try again later, and then a playback id, no idea what that is

Did it once back in college -- quite the experience for sure! I think everyone should do it once... set up a trip for the last few days of Mardi Gras and a few days afterwards to do all sorts of OTHER things in the city. Love NOLA... was just there for the RnR Half... already thinking about planning my next trip! :)

giphy.gif

Happy Mardi Gras from the Mississippi Gulf Coast! No parading for us this year, but I've got spirit and will soon make gumbo.

Might watch a few parades on WDSU.

Had our king cake earlier in the season from our local bakery and meant to pick another one up at Randazzos this weekend, but forgot. Might get a cheap one at Wal-Mart later today.

Watching my friends' little twins today. They're too young to "get" Mardi Gras at all, but we still made "beads":

image.jpg

(If you're looking for easy crafts for little ones, this one is great! You just put a piece of tape on the floor sticky-side up, and let them arrange paper circles in whatever pattern they like.)

Happy Mardi Gras! I live about an hour and a half from St. Louis, which has a pretty big Mardi Gras every year, but I've never been. Usually it's too cold. I've been to New Orleans' Mardi Gras several times though. Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Happy Mardi Gras! I'm a Louisiana native living in Florida, and I haven't been back for Mardi Gras in YEARS. At least my friends and family send me king cakes every year ... the good kind! :goodvibes

Mmmmm King Cakes. I've never bitten into the Baby Jesus, have you?

Mmmmm King Cakes. I've never bitten into the Baby Jesus, have you?

YES! When I was a kid, we had king cake every Friday at school. The tradition goes that whoever gets the baby has to buy the next king cake, and my parents joked that I had a knack for getting the baby. (Sorry, Mom and Dad!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter