• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Happy Holidays in WDW - November & December 2008 - DIS / DVC Member List ***

Which DVC Merry Member Mixer will you be attending?

• Friday, December 5th

• Friday, December 12th

• Friday, December 19th

• Friday, December 26th

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sorry about your situation. You were together a long time-longer than some marriages.
I know that this sounds too pragmatic but, I would say go but ONLY if you do not have to worry about your business or home while you are gone. I said home since I'm not sure if you all lived together too.
If he wants out/time away can you trust that the business assets will still be there when you get back? You can really entangle a lot of things when you love and work with someone for that length of time. I'm only thinking about your future.
You might have to postpone the trip to save your income-future.

Disney will always be there but, in this economy you have to protect yourself. It might be worth the $$ to make yourself safe/secure. Ask that he pays for 1/2 the cost to cancel. If this was to be a romantic trip and going with your cousin would pale, then save the trip for when you have a special someone to share it with or go later as a celebration of a new independent life.

I really am very sorry for your situation. I hope you will still have a wonderful holiday at home or at Disney. I am afraid when I hear about situations like this the old pragmatic comes out and my first instinct is-'save yourself'.

Postpone if you need to get your self, home or, business in order to move on without your BF. Go if you KNOW that all will be stable for your future when you return. Don't tell him anything about the trip-'what happens in Disney......;) ya'know.

All the best.

Thanks so much everyone. We don't live together which is good and even though we are in business together they are like two separate businesses that share a common building. I own a dance studio and he owns a private personal training studio so I have my employees lined up to cover me while I'm gone. We are still on good terms, but it's been such a traumatic month. I think going away is something I need right now so I think I'll go and I guess I'll think of it this way....I'll do all the girly things that my fiance would whine about doing lol like Beauty in the beast, finding nemo the musical, etc lol I'm hoping that time apart brings us together and since I have no will power to stay away from him when he's just one room away at work...I guess going to a different state will make me give him his space. Thanks everyone!

Well, my advice is to go to WDW, have the time of your life and don't look back. I'm very sorry this happened to you. :hug: If he can do this to you now, I don't want to know what he'd do later in the relationship if you do get married and have kids. That's when it really gets fun. It's much better to find out the kind of person he is now. Your heart will heal over time and you will be a much stronger person for it!

I'd love to see statistics on how many of the men and women who say things like "I need some space" turn out to be good marriage material.

If it were me, I'd run, run far in the other direction. But that's probably just my prior experience talking.

Well, my advice is to go to WDW, have the time of your life and don't look back. I'm very sorry this happened to you. :hug: If he can do this to you now, I don't want to know what he'd do later in the relationship if you do get married and have kids. That's when it really gets fun. It's much better to find out the kind of person he is now. Your heart will heal over time and you will be a much stronger person for it!
I agree....It's just so unlike him. You feel like you know someone after 5 1/2 years and then BAM!!!! I'm going to try and go and enjoy myself...what am I saying...how can you not enjoy yourself in Disney? Although I'm known to cry at the fireworks when my life isn't a mess. If you see a young lady walking through the Magic Kingdom bawling her eyes out after Wishes that will be me! lol

I agree....It's just so unlike him. You feel like you know someone after 5 1/2 years and then BAM!!!! I'm going to try and go and enjoy myself...what am I saying...how can you not enjoy yourself in Disney? Although I'm known to cry at the fireworks when my life isn't a mess. If you see a young lady walking through the Magic Kingdom bawling her eyes out after Wishes that will be me! lol

Oh honey:rotfl: , I cry at the fireworks too.:goodvibes I puddle up (so does DH) at the drop of a hat-We've had to stop watching the Hallmark Channel after Sunday's movie.:lmao: We were teary-eyed fools-no shame there:sad2:

Go then, have a good time at Disney-save some :pixiedust: for us:)

Heck, do more girly things-spa treatments etc. Ride "Singles" line. ;) ;) Something/someone has put you on this path-take full advantage and see where it leads-you never know???:confused3

Be civil to BF-before and after. I know it's hard but, his feelings are his feelings and he can't help it-better to know now and back away-don't stay too long at the party(as my Grandma used to say)-ya' know, you'll hate yourself later.
Respect his request-it might be the best thing you have every done -for Yourself!

All the best.

Oh honey:rotfl: , I cry at the fireworks too.:goodvibes I puddle up (so does DH) at the drop of a hat-We've had to stop watching the Hallmark Channel after Sunday's movie.:lmao: We were teary-eyed fools-no shame there:sad2:

Go then, have a good time at Disney-save some :pixiedust: for us:)

Heck, do more girly things-spa treatments etc. Ride "Singles" line. ;) ;) Something/someone has put you on this path-take full advantage and see where it leads-you never know???:confused3

Be civil to BF-before and after. I know it's hard but, his feelings are his feelings and he can't help it-better to know now and back away-don't stay too long at the party(as my Grandma used to say)-ya' know, you'll hate yourself later.
Respect his request-it might be the best thing you have every done -for Yourself!

All the best.
Thanks so much!!! Ya I'm a big disney cry baby! I even tear up when they show the castle at the beginning of the disney movies HAHA!!! Me and DBF are definitely civil. It's actually painful because when we do see eachother it's almost as if nothing ever changed and then I realize wait we aren't together anymore! Blah this whole thing is a mess....and to top it all off my cousin said she could come and I transferred everything in her name...and now she may not be able to go. Someone please send some pixie dust my way!

:yay: Our WDW vacation is finally here! :yay:

We'll be at the DVC Merry Member Mixer this Friday for at least a little while. I hope to see you there! :thumbsup2

Happy Holidays everyone! :grouphug: :santa:
Cheers!
-Michelle

I agree....It's just so unlike him. You feel like you know someone after 5 1/2 years and then BAM!!!! I'm going to try and go and enjoy myself...what am I saying...how can you not enjoy yourself in Disney?

Chiming in probably after your trip but go to your happy place! Make new memories for yourself. NO WAY to be unhappy at Disney (unless you are an over tired toddler ;) ) I hope your cousin is able to go with you. I hope you go either way. Sending hugs for your rough time. :hug:

TK

We were at the Merry Mixer on Friday! We didn't stay too long but it seemed like it was a good time. I loved all the kids dancing. So cute! And those rice krispie treats were yummy! Actually I just had a bite of my sister's...I brought mine home!

Chiming in probably after your trip but go to your happy place! Make new memories for yourself. NO WAY to be unhappy at Disney (unless you are an over tired toddler ;) ) I hope your cousin is able to go with you. I hope you go either way. Sending hugs for your rough time. :hug:

TK
I ended up going solo which was lonely at times but nice too! Not one call from the ex fiance and I saw him today and he's just being cold....I just don't understand...but I feel much stronger after being able to vaca on my own! Bring on prince charming lol

I ended up going solo which was lonely at times but nice too! Not one call from the ex fiance and I saw him today and he's just being cold....I just don't understand...but I feel much stronger after being able to vaca on my own! Bring on prince charming lol

I'm so glad you went! Way to be strong. From an old married gal you'll look back on this and appreciate your prince when he comes along. Have a nice holiday :goodvibes

Hi Everyone! So I'm super excited to be doing Disney for the holidays again this year and this time I'm not going solo which is even better :) Although last year when I went solo I got to eat dinner with the imagineer who created the Animal Kingdom (Joe Rohde) sitting at the app. bar at Jiko which was pretty sweeeettt!

Anyways, I have a quick question for all of you. We are going to Disney Dec 18-23. Do you think the parks will be super packed? Last year I left on the 18th and it wasn't too bad yet. Also The MVMCP ends the 18th. Do they do all the entertainment after the 18th in the parks or should I buy a ticket for that last night? What do they do at the party that they don't do after the 18th at the MK?

Thanks Disers!

Hi Everyone! So I'm super excited to be doing Disney for the holidays again this year and this time I'm not going solo which is even better :) Although last year when I went solo I got to eat dinner with the imagineer who created the Animal Kingdom (Joe Rohde) sitting at the app. bar at Jiko which was pretty sweeeettt!

Hey! Nice to see you again & I'm glad you are going on another WDW Holiday vacation! :goodvibes

Just wanted to let you know there is a new 2009 List started here...

*** Happy Holidays in WDW - November & December 2009 - DIS / DVC Member List ***

-----
Hey everyone!
This is the 2008 List, so please don't add your dates to this thread!

Moderators, you can close this thread!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter