• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Happy Holidays in WDW - November & December 2008 - DIS / DVC Member List ***

Which DVC Merry Member Mixer will you be attending?

• Friday, December 5th

• Friday, December 12th

• Friday, December 19th

• Friday, December 26th

Results are only viewable after voting.
We've now added the Merry Mixer and CP for the night of the 12th! It's all fitting perfectly into our plans. I can't wait.:cool1: :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

I leave in 5 days for short 3 day visit. I'm going to the christmas party on the 4th and visiting DTD to do all of my x-mas shopping:goodvibes

I'm taking my offical first x-mas trip to disney next year. I can't wait!

I'll be doing the LAST update today! If anyone has any changes or wants to be added to the list, post now! :goodvibes

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :grouphug:

Happy Holidays! :santa:
-Michelle

I'll be doing the LAST update today! If anyone has any changes or wants to be added to the list, post now! :goodvibes

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :grouphug:

Happy Holidays! :santa:
-Michelle

You've done a great job - Thank you & enjoy your Holidays! :santa:

We leave in about an hour and a half.

Our mixer appearance, on the 5th, is a little up in the air now due to some "other events" going on, possibly that afternoon. If they happen early, we'll be there. I'm REALLY hoping we make it!

I don't know if I've said this at all but I'm hoping to go to the DVC Mixer on the 19th. I'd love to meet some fellow DISers/DVC members. :thumbsup2 Gotta see if my dad and sister would be interested...

The FINAL LIST has been posted! Sorry about the delay. Real life got in the way. :headache: I can't wait to go back to WDW for Christmas!!! :santa: If you are attending the DVC Merry Member Mixer on the 19th, we'll see you there!

PFTS2008.jpg

We're pretty easy to spot! LOL! I will have some LGMH's on, too. :thumbsup2

Happy Holidays To All! :grouphug:

Your DVC friend,
Michelle

Went to the mixer on Friday. Didn't see any DISers and was disappointed with the cutbacks at the mixer :sad2:

DS11 did possibly meet one of you on a bus at OKW yesterday (Saturday) morning. He got back and told me that he met a DISer, me-"Did you get a name?" him- "No but I told her about blah blah blah & blah blah blah & your live food report" :lmao: So if you thought he was cute & sweet, that was my boy :hug: If not, I have no idea what you're talking about :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Hi Everyone...Sorry to put a dampening mood on all of you holiday trips but I just really need to vent...and who better to vent to than fellow Disney Fanatics...My Fiance and I got engaged in September in the Magic Kingdom and it was our 5th Disney trip together. We even purchased DVC two summer ago. We've been together for 5 1/2 years...and he just broke up with me two weeks ago. He said there is a "spark" missing and he feels like we are more friends than anything. I just think he needs some independance right now...but I'm devastated. We are supposed to be going to Disney on Saturday and it would have been our first trip ever for Xmas. We planned this trip 11 months ago and I was more excited for this trip than any other trip... He doesn't want to go...Which is also devastating.... he says he needs some alone time and it wouldnt help to go away. But we would lose $600 if we cancel that would not be refunded (money to cancel flights, money spent booking the GF, MVMCP tix). My cousin said she would go with me...but I always thought of Disney as our (fiance and me) special place...and I don't know if I can go without him. I know it will be good for me to do this and really give him his space...it's a sticky situation. We own a business together as well so I end up seeing him everyday which makes me feel good but isn't giving him the space he needs...but it kills me to think of experiencing all of the xmas stuff without him... Sorry for ranting and raving just had to vent :(

I would go and take your cousin. I know it won't be the same but it will give you the same Disney feeling inside, who knows it might be the time you need apart. Just do different things than what you were going to do.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays:goodvibes

I'm sorry this happened to you. :hug: I have to agree that I would take your cousin and just go. There's nothing good that will come of you staying home and not giving him some time alone. It may make you feel better to be by him, but I don't think that will help his mindset right now. A short breather may do a world of good for you both. Go to Disney and try to enjoy yourself. It will be a different experience, but it still can be wonderful with friends or family.

I would go and take your cousin also. Maybe thinking about you being there in that special place having fun without him might open his eyes a little to what is really important to him. The everyday can make you feel rundown, and like things are mundane and in a rut. That is historically true this time of the year. He will know he missed an opportunity to move beyond those feelings.

Plus when you get back to work, I'm sure he will over hear everything he missed when you are telling people about the trip and how magical Disney is at Christmastime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter