Happy Birthday Grandma, We're going to Disney World

PennyLane1084

My Pronouns are: They/Them/Theirs
This past Saturday, September 18th was my grandmother 81st. Birthday, My aunt and I decided to book a trip to Disney and surprise my grandma with the news on her birthday!

As a pre-cursor to this, DIS'ers my or may not recognize the my screen name from a few years back, my entire family planned a trip to Disney back in '08 but the trip got canceled due to lack of funds.

It was sort of a good thing we did because my aunt who was going with got pregnant, and my dad broke his foot the week we were suppose to be in WDW.

My Aunt's kids (my cousins) are really huge into disney right now. The smallest (1.5) is all about Snow White and next oldest (2.5) is all about Cinderella and my oldest (10) loves the disney channels. My Aunt hasn't been to Disney since '94. My grandma has been they're a few times, and went with my brother and I when we were little but not my other set of cousins.

So my aunt and I finally decided to look into Disney and we found a really great deal on a rental house in Celebration. Unfortunately we have too many people coming along and could not afford to stay at Disney.

Before my grandma's birthday my aunt and cousin decided to make a sign to reveal the surprise. One side it says "Grandma you just turned 81, What are you going to do now?" (sort of like on the Superbowl) Then she turned it over and it said "YOUR GOING TO DISNEY WORLD" and she printed out pictures of the Castle and various disney characters and put those around the words and stuff.

So her birthday comes and everyone's sitting down to have dinner to celebrate. My cousin (10) is literally about to burst with anticipation. She looked like a kettle ready to blow. lol. Finally my aunt took me to the side to say that we were going to do the big reveal before dinner instead of waiting for the cake later because my cousin just couldn't stand it anymore.

So we sat my grandma down and we all gathered around her. My aunt said "Mom mia (cousin 10) has something to show you" (I can't imagine what was going through her mind at this point" Mia hold up the sign and my grandma reads it out loud. Then Mia turn it over while giggling and squealing. And my gram reads the other side very matter of factly "you're going to disney world."
The next minute sort of went like this

Cousin: GRANDMA WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD
Grandma: .....who?
Aunt: Us, we are!
Grandma: We ARE?
Aunt: Yes! You, me everyone! We'll be there next year on your birthday!
Grandma: OH! Then she started clapping and hugging everyone.

Her reaction was priceless. She totally didn't get it at first. It took a minute to sink in.

I had intended on getting her reaction on video and then in the anticipation, I completely forgot!

But I do plan on posting pictures of the poster later tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter