Happy Birthday Bill – The 3 Day B'day Extravaganza *New 7/8 Now it's time to say bye*

Glad there were no DME lift issues on this trip.

Great update and great pop pics!

Just wanted to introduce myself:

I'm Jen...Goofyluver...and mom to Jon, who is 12 and is neurologically impaired. And...I found your TR...and you seem so inspiring...that I just had to read!

Great update and great pop pics!

Just wanted to introduce myself:

I'm Jen...Goofyluver...and mom to Jon, who is 12 and is neurologically impaired. And...I found your TR...and you seem so inspiring...that I just had to read!

Hi Jen, I am reading about you, Jon, your Motha, and Lexie as we speak. It is a great PT/TR and I am having so much fun reading it. I will reply to it when I get all caught up. You are hilarious.

Thank you for your sweet words.

Sounds like this part of the trip is off to a GREAT start! :cool1: :cool1: You definitely had the "POP mojo" going!!

Too funny about the kiddie-size shower chair. :rotfl2:

What are the window clings you put up on your window? I couldn't quite make out what they said...

Great update Tracy - definately had the 'mojo' going for you! :rotfl:

The parmesan crusted chicken is my favorite dish at Pop - loved the pictures - now I am hungry!

The POP pics were great too - now I am really itching to go back.

Congrats again on the weight-loss. I'm glad you could sense a difference in your energy level at WDW - great motivation to keep going! Great job! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for more!

Sounds like this part of the trip is off to a GREAT start! :cool1: :cool1: You definitely had the "POP mojo" going!!

Too funny about the kiddie-size shower chair. :rotfl2:

What are the window clings you put up on your window? I couldn't quite make out what they said...

It was a great start, it made me really happy. The shower chair really cracked me up, I made Bill come look at it in there.

Here is a copy of one of the window clings, I didn't notice until after I posted they were hard to read:

9ccddec6.jpg

The other one is for a Disney board that I am a co administrator at and I don't want to get into trouble by posting the picture where you can see the link, but if they want to know more, feel free to PM me.

Great update Tracy - definately had the 'mojo' going for you! :rotfl:

The parmesan crusted chicken is my favorite dish at Pop - loved the pictures - now I am hungry!

The POP pics were great too - now I am really itching to go back.

Congrats again on the weight-loss. I'm glad you could sense a difference in your energy level at WDW - great motivation to keep going! Great job! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for more!

Hi Michelle. I really liked the chicken. It makes me want to go back when I see the pictures too. Thanks about the weight loss comments, it really did help this trip and I know I will have lost more by October.

What are your dates again in October? I would love to get to meet you if we could.

It must be a great relief to see the chair get put onto the plane, it would be bad to lose luggage but horrendous to lose Bills chair!

Looks like you scored a great room and so funny about the shower chair :rotfl:

It's fantastic that you can feel the difference with the weightloss, well done :thumbsup2

Hi Jen, I am reading about you, Jon, your Motha, and Lexie as we speak. It is a great PT/TR and I am having so much fun reading it. I will reply to it when I get all caught up. You are hilarious.

Thank you for your sweet words.

Your welcome! And thanks so much for your words! :thumbsup2

Great Update Tracy!

And that is a freakin' awesome Donald Sith pin! Reading your report makes me soooo ready to go back. Not that I need any help with that. :rolleyes1

86 days and counting for me.:hyper:

I'm so happy Bill had to keep up with you!!!!:rotfl2:
And yes, those birds are aggresive as heck! I got dive-bombed bringing food
back to my room! :earseek:

It must be a great relief to see the chair get put onto the plane, it would be bad to lose luggage but horrendous to lose Bills chair!

Looks like you scored a great room and so funny about the shower chair :rotfl:

It's fantastic that you can feel the difference with the weightloss, well done :thumbsup2

Yes, it is a great relief to see the chair go in the plane, I couldn't even imagine what we would do it they didn't send it. A long time ago, Bill was on a flight that stopped to pick up more people and happened to look out the window. He saw them unloading his chair :scared1:. He got the flight attendant's attention and they put it back on, but if he hadn't been looking it would have been a mess. That is why we do direct flights only.

We could hear people in the pool sometimes at night when we were laying in bed, but we fell asleep quickly.

Great Update Tracy!

And that is a freakin' awesome Donald Sith pin! Reading your report makes me soooo ready to go back. Not that I need any help with that. :rolleyes1

86 days and counting for me.:hyper:

Thanks, I thought it was a cool pin too. I bet you are so excited. Your trip will be here before you know it.

I'm so happy Bill had to keep up with you!!!!:rotfl2:
And yes, those birds are aggresive as heck! I got dive-bombed bringing food
back to my room! :earseek:

I felt bad about looking back at him and saying "come on", but it was such a great feeling of not hurting, not feeling winded, I just wanted to go go go.

Those dang birds are annoying!!

I just found your trippie! I am about to go to bed so can't read now but wanted to subscribe so I can find it easier... :cool1:

Wooooohooooo! You made it!

We most often stay at Saratoga Springs, but I LOVE Pop. :cloud9: In fact, we are leaving in just a few days and we will be at Pop the first weekend!

Oh, by the way....I know you are a bit camera shy, but I hope we get to see a picture of the beautiful new you! :)

Shan

Hi eternaldisneyfan! :wave2:

I just found your trippie! I am about to go to bed so can't read now but wanted to subscribe so I can find it easier... :cool1:

Hi!!! I am so happy to hear from you. How are you and your family doing? I hope all is well.

Wooooohooooo! You made it!

We most often stay at Saratoga Springs, but I LOVE Pop. :cloud9: In fact, we are leaving in just a few days and we will be at Pop the first weekend!

Oh, by the way....I know you are a bit camera shy, but I hope we get to see a picture of the beautiful new you! :)

Shan

Hi eternaldisneyfan! :wave2:

I have seen pics of Saratoga Springs, it looks great!! Have fun at Pop, we really do enjoy it thre.

There are at least 2 pics of me I am posting. The more the weight comes off the more I will get around a camera :lmao:.

Yes, I know I spelled “Epcot” wrong in my installment title. See the DIS messes with your brain and makes you say things differently. I had read the word “Epicot” on LaLa’s trip report a long time ago and told Bill about it. We have since referred to Epcot as Epicot, don’t judge us, just smile and keep reading.

How long did we wait for the bus? Oh about 10 seconds, I kid you not. We walked up and the bus magically appeared. Well, ok it didn’t “magically” appear, it came around the corner, but I am in Disney so to me it was magic.

cbaea57d.jpg

aba882e2.jpg

5d1c144a.jpg

cb1ef0d9.jpg

Andy, the bus driver was so nice and efficient. He knew exactly where to put the tie downs.

d9d35a29.jpg

25d71eb6.jpg

*A side note here. I took many pictures of how Disney makes things accessible so you will be seeing them throughout the report… side note over, on with the installment.

We got to Epicot (ok Epcot, I am annoying myself as I type this by continually saying Epicot). I noticed this fence:

de4833bc.jpg

Was this there in November and I just don’t remember? Is this new? What is the deal with this? I swear it wasn’t there then, but I could be wrong.

Ahhh, there it is, Spaceship Earth:

90c03011.jpg

We went up to the ticket counter with our lime green Annual Pass vouchers. The ticket agent was thrilled, she turned to her co-worker and said “see I told you there were some AP’s that were lime green”. I guess they had a bet going or something and I had just helped her win. Yep, that is me, there to spread the pixie dust whenever I can. She got us fixed up, Bill got Cinderella and I got Mickey, what is up with that?? I asked for a birthday button for Bill and we were on our way.

We headed over to guest relations to see if we could score an ADR somewhere. We got Restaurant Marrakesh. I was not happy, but seeing Bill grinning when the CM mentioned the belly dancer reminded me this was his birthday trip and to just go along with it.

Look, pretty foilage:

f92316e4.jpg

Bill, go pose by more pretty flowers, we let Pal Mickey join us again:

a3d7d090.jpg

We decided to go to the Living Seas and ride Nemo. It was essentially a walk on.

26e0b4e5.jpg

8873eab4.jpg

37b88fc7.jpg

a6dbc14c.jpg

I had read on the DIS that there was a question as to whether or not Bill would have to transfer or not. We had been on it before and never had an issue. They asked us if he could transfer and I told them if he couldn’t go in his regular chair, we would not ride. She got a manager and they said no problem. I am not sure if they had a problem since we were there in November or what? All I know is if they have a fantastic accessible ride vehicle like that one it is a shame they are thinking about making people transfer all the time.

b61f409e.jpg

e75f27b5.jpg

c5e95ec8.jpg

2cc902bd.jpg

Next we went to see if we had missed the Dolphins. We were right on time for the training session. We got a great place where Bill could see, sorry if the pics aren’t great.

5aff4b58.jpg

233e843a.jpg

8ce55e30.jpg

Afterwards, we decided to go over to the World Showcase. Everything looks different with the foliage and it being summer, it is great to see it at different times of the year. More pretty:

8987ecd3.jpg

We had never even set foot in Canada on previous trips. I know that is horrible and we decided to change that. The flowers were gorgeous.

194b7205.jpg

aece9ead.jpg

702c5378.jpg

Continued next post....

Continued...

We loved the different kinds of soap in the Trading Post, they had funny names.

38d714f5.jpg

The waterfall was beautiful.

5a1c1766.jpg

I am really glad we went there. We are going to go see the movie on our next trip.

We decided to just walk, I took some pictures:

8696f6b5.jpg

21762e3d.jpg

965f343e.jpg

533fef4d.jpg

c35c67f1.jpg

Then I saw someone with an alcoholic slushie. I stopped her, “where did you get that?” She told me and we were on our way. I saw the $8 price tag and didn’t care, I wanted a Grey Goose slushie.

6e9b1662.jpg

OMG, Y U M M Y!!! I wanted Bill to take a pic of me with it. HUH? Me, actually wanting a picture of myself, the booze must have been getting to my brain fast. I was acting goofy, very goofy when Bill took this:

304909d0.jpg

As I was sitting there, I had to take a picture of Morocco. Yes, you see it, if anyone has read Jordan’s trip report, you will understand. I will not say the word, but you know what I was thinking when I took it. I was not being offensive, I was not being mean, I just wanted a picture of Morocco .

0450d2c8.jpg

We went to Morocco, I think all the countries are beautiful and I love the architecture here.

3882316a.jpg

89a2b824.jpg

361a1eaa.jpg

e5f83974.jpg

Bill said he was getting a little hungry, so I decided to see if we could check in 30 minutes early.

9e1ae8e6.jpg

We were seated right away. Bill got a coke and I got Mint Green tea.

da838913.jpg

He ordered the Beef Kebabs:

10c9d251.jpg

I got the Lemon Chicken:

be71b7dc.jpg

He really liked the Kebabs, the chicken was fine.

The theming was wonderful. Bill liked the belly dancer.

8a08f9fb.jpg

ef551742.jpg

We ordered dessert. Bill got the Moroccan Symphony (Assorted pastires) and I got the Bastilla. Bill and I laughed when the desserts came out. The Bastilla was huge and Bill’s dessert was these 3 little pieces of pastries.

64ad29c0.jpg

6502abfd.jpg

Then the musicians came back out. The next thing we know our waiter is next to us and they are singing “Happy Birthday”, the waiter put his hat on Bill’s head:

fbcf7d57.jpg

d507dc8c.jpg

Then the belly dancer came out and danced again.

c6303e56.jpg

We had a great time. We aren’t planning on going back anytime soon, but we are glad we went.

Next installment…what did we do next?

Gorgeous photos, all the flowers look lovely and Bill liked the belly dancer huh :rotfl2:

With the fence at Epcot, I think but maybe wrong, that at busier times of year/day they have a big bag check area and the fences guide you through them rather than the bag checks at the turnstiles :confused3

Yup. Bill has the same look on his face that my husband did when he saw the belly dancer.::yes::
What the heck is the white sauce on your dessert? It looks so good!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter