Happy Anni-birth-aversary...A 33 night Celebration & HHN too.....SF & RPR September 2022 TR

We were melting for some reason today, I caught sight of myself in a window and realised I looked like I had melted and had been dragged through a hedge backwards!! It was hot, so we headed out of the park to think on where we wanted to eat.

Lunch was a full on dilemma today.....where to go. We do like going to the same places, well, some places are regular haunts but we do like to try some places that we either haven`t been to for a while or to give somewhere another chance and Tom had mentioned last trip he wanted to try HRC again but we dismissed it as we reminisced about the bad meals and service we`d had, and it was so darn noisy!!!! So, when he suggested we try it again today, I immediately laughed and said what a fabulous idea, yes, lets go there........☺️

i-Xx32wzp-S.gif

He didn`t quite catch the tone........:duck:

Which is why we ended up in the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch!!!

To be fair, it wasn`t quite as noisy as nights can be, but it`s a lively place. We asked how long to wait for a table, it was around 12.30 by now and she said 10 - 15 minutes, probably less, so that wasn`t too bad a wait at all for this time on a Saturday. I said to Tom I was going to pop down to the ladies, and by the time I came back up about 3 minutes later, he had been seated, not bad service at all. Also, Matt and Rob had eaten here I think yesterday and had said it was lovely, so I was glad they enjoyed their meal in here.

I hadn`t looked at this menu for a long time as we just hadn`t enjoyed it last couple of times, but it was a long time ago, in fact I think the NBA restaurant was still there when we did!!! That`s a long time....

First up was cocktails......of course it was!!

I don`t remember who ordered which cocktail as we shared both, but we had the Hurricane and the Passion fruit Mai Tai, although he told us they had no fresh pineapple as a garnish, which was fine really, and both cocktails were very nice, although a little artificial tasting, but not bad in any way and we did enjoy them, and we opted to have the souvenir glasses for a change, they were a very good size for our cocktails back home.

i-jmr67Jx-X2.jpg

i-hGwF4Z8-X2.jpg

Now onto food, Tom knew he was going to have a burger, which is why I thought he`d want to give NBC another try, as although they have their faults, they do a darn good burger, but he immediately chose the BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger while I was still deciding...there is a lot on their menu. I decided I`d go with their Surf & Turf burger which came with their Spicy Shrimp, spicy slaw on the bun and of course the signature sauce on the side....that sounded good to me as I did like a spicy sauce. At this point Tom and I both realised we had waited quite a long time to order our food......so far this trip, that had not been a good omen!!

Tom`s came first which again did give me pause as usually food comes together when there are only two meals......and his looked lovely, that burger looked delicious and I was for pinching one of his fries for sure as I was hungry now, the fries were sizzling hot and very nice. I told him to start as his looked so nice, now I was really looking forward to mine.

Although I did wait another few minutes.......

i-9Vf7fGt-X2.jpg

You all know what`s coming don`t you........::yes::

i-pt6V9Jf-Th.gif

My first thought was.......where is my nice and spicy sauce covering the shrimp???? And where is the rest of my burger......

Then I cut into it.......and no prizes for guessing what it was.....yep, it was cold. Well, we`ll say cool to be fair......:(

i-XH64xJW-X2.jpg

Tom said he`d half his with me, but I`m not fond of cheese and I wanted my own burger....not much to ask really, and trying to catch our waiter who had become quite the invisible man was almost impossible......until eventually we caught him, Tom was almost done by now so he hadn`t come back to check everything was ok with our food and I said my burger was dry, overcooked and cold. He looked surprised.....you know that feigned surprise that you know isn`t genuine.....and began to tell me how he took it straight off the rack when it was ready......hmm. I also suggested it was supposed to come with spicy sauce on the shrimp......I never did get an answer to that one. He took it away and left the fries, I asked him to take both as I wanted my fries with the burger not cold ones, I don`t think he was too happy with that, but I didn`t think I was being unreasonable.

Tom was now finished and our waiter came back and said it would be a few minutes as it was being cooked fresh......I said no problem, that`s fine, inwardly I was wishing I had kept the fries as I was now ultra hungry and Tom felt guilty, but I wanted him to enjoy his burger too.

And finally, it arrived, looked good.......yes, it had sauce on the shrimps, yes, the shrimps were hot.........and the burger was cool and completely raw in the middle.

i-bgWXdkS-X2.jpg

I never got the chance to take a picture of it cut open as our waiter stood over me to make sure it was ok.....it felt cool which I was surprised at, but as soon as I cut it open even he couldn`t argue it was anything other than raw. I just looked at him not even sure what to say to him.....but he apologised and abruptly took the plate away asking if there was anything else I wanted to order or did I want another burger cooked, I said look, it`s not your fault, but no thanks, I think two chances are enough. Even he agreed. I asked for the check.

One of the managers came over at this point to apologise and explained he had no excuses as he had seen both burgers and they were both extremely subpar and put it down to new cooks in the kitchen. Well, fair enough, but again, where are the management making sure everything going out is perfect.....and this was my biggest grumble about several restaurants this trip, when these places had top notch management they were brilliant, now not so much.

Of course they took the meal off the check, but I was hungry.....lol......we first paid the check and our waiter said we could take the receipt through to the store and we`d get two fresh glasses in boxes, so we did and we met the nicest member of staff in there. His name was Kodi and he asked how our meal was, we kind of laughed and Tom said his was fine, but briefly said mine not so much, he said he was sorry to hear that and I said, well, it`s one of those things isn`t it. He said to make up for it and because we had been so nice about it, he gave us a few pieces of memorabilia, lovely gesture by him as we weren`t looking for anything, and they were quite cute things too.

We headed back home now and Tom was concerned I was hungry, so I said I`d stop in at the Bula Bar and get those chicken quesadillas again, I had really enjoyed them, so that`s what we did, we got them to take away and I ate them in the room, they were lovely, but I was so hungry at that point I`d have eaten almost anything.

i-rDT4Bv7-X2.jpg

I finished them just in time to head downstairs to Orchids Lounge to meet the lady we`d known a long time. She wanted to meet us here so she could say hello to some of the very few faces still around from when she worked there and we had a nice couple of hours catching up.

She had brought some of those Gideon`s cookies as we had been talking about them previously and she said she`d bring a selection from the Downtown Orlando Bakery as she lived close, and she did bring a selection for us to sample....I wish I had taken pictures, but we didn`t, and there were plenty of them left as they really weren`t as good as they were lauded to be. She had told us we`d be disappointed and she was right, they were large but very fussy. Taste wise they were just a cookie, nice enough but not brilliant. I was glad she had brought them though as now we know, they`re not something we`d buy for us, but I`d certainly get them for someone if we knew they liked them.

Time again passed so fast and soon she was heading off to see one of the staff she knew was working, we said our goodbyes and she set off, we went back upstairs and headed to the lounge for some conversation and bubbly.....Tom wasn`t driving again tonight so he was a happy bunny!

We saw Matt and Rob briefly as they were heading to Howl o Scream tonight and we couldn`t wait to hear how it was as we were going tomorrow, we did hope they had an amazing time.

The staff in the lounge and the Danish couple Chris and Carine kept us company tonight and it was fun, they were a lovely couple and we were trying to arrange to see them over at Strong Water for a drink before we left, something we never managed, but hopefully they`ll be there another time we are too. We were so glad Alex had introduced us to each other as we got on well with them. Alex is very good at mixing folks in the lounge with each other and was always kind in spending time with anyone if they were on their own, she is a star!!

Looking at the time, we briefly considered going to do HHN for maybe an hour or so, but to be honest neither of us had any inclination to do so.

We were heading over to Strong Water tonight and we know we are guaranteed excellent food, in fact it`s the best food, service and atmosphere you will get anywhere in UOR if not the whole of Orlando, this is somewhere we feel completely at home in and everyone gets that welcome here.

Fernando as a manager is the best, simply the best. There are several managers within Loews that have consistently shown how much they care so much about both staff and guests alike and Fernando is absolutely one of them. His knowledge of rums is second to none and when you hear him or Anthony and Lenny talk of rums, their enthusiasm shines through and they want you to enjoy whatever they make for you. We have learned a lot about rums we didn`t know before we started frequenting Strong Water, and weirdly I hated rum before that!!! I just hadn`t met the right people to teach me there were many I could enjoy.

So, we always enjoy our time in here and the staff go out of their way to say hello or give a wave when you come in.

Saturday night they have a lovely couple who sing and they are very good, not too loud and she can carry a tune which is always nice to listen to. Fernando comes out and Chef Carlos follows him and asks us a few odd questions which we didn`t know why he was asking, but it`s Chef Carlos, so we answer and he disappears as quick as he appeared.....lol....lovely guy and one of the most passionate of chefs, his creations are genius and we love absolutely everything he creates and he is funny too, good sense of humour.

This bar just works.....everything about it is just right for us. It is a special place indeed.

Fernando asks if we`ll be in on our last night which is Tuesday as he is off the next two nights, we assure him we will be as that is our traditional last night meal, he says he`ll make sure we get our table......but for now we order a Carole`s Punch for me and Anthony has come over to say hello and says he`s going to make up a drink for Tom to drink tonight since I have mine....lol.....Anthony is another who is a genius but with cocktails, his mind is always working and creating different drinks and working out what will go best with what......

Anthony made up my drink tonight and it was perfect....this was my favourite cocktail ever, and not just because it has my name, it is gorgeous, he created the perfect drink for me!

i-k2b9zw5-X2.jpg

Tom was presented with a rum and chocolate drink made with SelvaRey Rum which is owned by Bruno Mars and is very, very nice to drink on it`s own or mixed very cleverly by Anthony.

Tom did like this.....a lot!!

i-C6g6cRw-X2.jpg

i-mggqvTB-X2.jpg

It`s nice to see the Fire Pit empty for a change, folks go out there to smoke which we will avoid like the plague, so when it`s quiet it`s nice to grab a snap, it is so cosy out there during our Christmas trips, we always like to spend a little time out there enjoying the flames.

The views are beautiful from here or from the outdoor balcony where you can eat or drink Alfresco, we normally choose to eat inside where we can but it is lovely out there too.

i-vcF5mTm-X2.jpg

It was time for food now, we had ordered a second cocktail, although I think Tom got a Fountain of Youth for his second as although he loved the first one, it was too rich to have two of them, I had another Carole`s Punch of course.......🍹

We chose two favourites to share tonight, the Camarones Al Ajillo which are four large shrimp cooked in white wine, garlic, tomatoes and lime juice....there is usually cilantro in the dish, but they know it`s an ingredient we both loathe, so it`s never put in ours which we are so grateful for, it`s a gorgeous dish and comes with the nicest bread! I have no idea how a simple piece of bread can be so tasty!

i-LThSd2b-X2.jpg

One of their newer dishes and I think this might be my overall favourite, or it might be the Guava pork....I can`t decide between the two :scratchin.....but this dish is stunning.....

Tuna Tirodito which has the freshest seared Ahi Tuna and it comes with a passion fruit glaze which enhances that beautiful tuna even more, a spicy melon belnd and Okinawa potato chips......I could lick the plate, well, the slate, it is so divine!!

i-c29C7Fr-X2.jpg

I think Tom lost out a little with the tuna dish........oops!!! Although I did only have one shrimp......works out in the end.....but these dishes are beautiful and the fresh produce shines through here.

Fernando came over to chat for a while again tonight, it wasn`t too busy tonight so it`s always lovely to spend time with him and I think Mike was working too who is one of the assistant managers, he used to work looking after folks at the tables so it was lovely when we saw him back again as he had left before the pandemic.

Fernando asked if we would try a new dessert Chef Carlos had created, he said it was chocolate mousse with a raspberry sauce on the bottom and topped with one of my favourite sweet things....marshmallow!!! How could we resist!!! Although we did say we`d share one rather than one each as it would be sweet, he did say were we sure.....lol....he did know us. There were several dishes over the time we`ve known Fernando and Chef Carlos where I have said I didn`t like an ingredient, but when I`ve tasted the dish whatever it has been I`ve liked it, much to everyone`s amusement......coffee ice cream and banana bread pudding to name a couple. So I did look forward to trying this and Fernando assured me I`d love it.....I believed him.

i-Hsbbwsp-XL.jpg

Lord, this was gorgeous!!! I mean seriously gorgeous......and I admit to eating most of the marshmallow too! The chocolate was light and chocolately which we really enjoyed and the raspberry was a little sharp so it complemented the sweet perfectly.....we loved this dessert!!!

I laughed I couldn`t say I didn`t like chocolate desserts now and at that Chef Carlos came out and asked what we thought of the flavours, Tom loves anything raspberry and yes, chocolate too, I said I was surprised how much I liked it and did love the raspberry through the dish, he smiled and wandered off again.

We`d had an almost perfect evening again.....we really should just eat here almost every night as it is guaranteed perfection in every area.....I don`t think Tom would need much persuasion!

Now we had to wander home and this is where we missed staying in Sapphire......that 10 minute walk always felt much longer after 3 cocktails and food!!

We thanked them again for the lovely evening, and promised we`d be over on Tuesday night again and at that we set off and now I was yawning my head off all the way over, got to the room and woke up!!! Typical.....so some tv for me tonight while sleeping beauty went straight to sleep, but there was nothing on, so my book was searched for and I read for about an hour.

We were excited for tomorrow and Howl o Scream!!

As always enjoying your TR and pics. HHN looks like so much fun...I do hope to make it for that one day! I love the way you bring gifts back for people. I think it's a nice habit to have!! Do people give you requests for stuff from the US since you go so often from the UK? I get that even from Canada.

Thanks so much Kathy, it is a good event although just didn`t hit the mark this time around.

I was a little less kind this time, I rather selfishly only said I`d bring back stuff for two or three friends, but like you I`m usually being given hints for weeks beforehand of what they`re after.....I know them so well.....lol.....but I did bring back things I`m going to give out as presents for most of them at Christmas and family too of course!

I can imagine you being the same being from Canada......I know I get asked for a lot of Bath & Body products. We have The Body Shop in the UK, but not many of us like their products.

What in the world is going on with these restaurants….like the twilight zone!

The strong water food and drinks looked amazing! I would’ve been right by that fire pit all night!

lol....it was beginning to feel like the Twilight Zone, I couldn`t believe we had been as unlucky as we had been.

Strong Water is the best. There is no place like it and yes, everything was amazing. It was too hot for the fire pit that night, but in December, it is lovely.

I can imagine you being the same being from Canada......I know I get asked for a lot of Bath & Body products. We have The Body Shop in the UK, but not many of us like their products.
Oh yes...we have Bath & Body now, but it's only been a few years, and also it's not as good a deal here as in the US. But I do get asked for a lot of snack foods and stuff from Target all the time. And lately...they've just decided that BUGLES will no longer be available in Canada...how will we ever survive? Do you have them over there? Although your UK chocolate is SO much better as are your M&S sweets and snacks lol

I never really see people talk about the Hard Rock Cafe. No one ever says they are excited to eat there.

We have eaten there 6 or 7 times over the years and had nothing but good experiences. I love there burgers.
Always seems like an easy place to get a table because it is huge.

It seems so strange to see all your bad food experiences this trip, you've always had pretty positive ones in the past.
I really hope these places get there staffing issues figured out. We have always loved the dining experiences so much in Orlando.

OMGosh, Carole, that food all looked delicious. It made me hungry, LOL.
The food from the Bula Bar at RPR looked great. I can't wait to try it and their famous nachos.
I will also try the Carole Punch at Strong Waters.
So much to look forward to:)
It's amazing how much merchandise is in those small shops at Universal. They are on our list too!

ruth

Oh yes...we have Bath & Body now, but it's only been a few years, and also it's not as good a deal here as in the US. But I do get asked for a lot of snack foods and stuff from Target all the time. And lately...they've just decided that BUGLES will no longer be available in Canada...how will we ever survive? Do you have them over there? Although your UK chocolate is SO much better as are your M&S sweets and snacks lol
I just read about the Bugles and the Miss Debbie products! I occasionally order from a British food store online to get some better quality chocolate. I totally understand why folks are happy with that as a gift when you come over Carol!

I miss BBQ Poppables! For some reason we can`t get them here now, but I did indulge with them in September. I tried Bugles, but not as fond of them, and of course those are everywhere here.....lol.......

UK chocolate can`t be beaten, well except for some Swiss stuff, but Galaxy is one chocolate I will eat if I get a craving. M&S do have some lovely things......Tom and I are having a mini buffet for just the two of us tonight and most things are from M&S......veritable feast!!!

I was given a couple of recipes a year or two ago from Canada. I`ve lost them though, they were all (I think) no bake items. One was called something like reindeer droppings or maybe not......lol....one maybe had digestive biscuits, condensed milk and cherries????? Of course I could be remembering 5 different recipes and putting them altogether......they were very popular with all my friends......if you have any idea what they were I`d be grateful!!

I never really see people talk about the Hard Rock Cafe. No one ever says they are excited to eat there.

We have eaten there 6 or 7 times over the years and had nothing but good experiences. I love there burgers.
Always seems like an easy place to get a table because it is huge.

It seems so strange to see all your bad food experiences this trip, you've always had pretty positive ones in the past.
I really hope these places get there staffing issues figured out. We have always loved the dining experiences so much in Orlando.

Tom loved his burger to be fair, it was tasty and hot!! Not much to ask is it.....yes, so many folks have good experiences there.

Yes, dining out is very much part of our trip experiences, so it was disappointing, as you say, over the years we have been almost 100% positive every trip.

I do think there is an issue with folks not qualified and working in an environment they really shouldn`t be in. I think I`m a very good cook, but no way in heck would I survive in a professional kitchen. My goodness, I`d be all over the place and you`d find me crumpled in a corner rocking back and forward :rotfl:

When I order a Carole's Punch I'm going to say " I'll get the Celebrity Carole Punch please!" :teeth:

I wonder if anyone from DIS has ordered one yet? We'll make it such a hit that they'll have to name one after Tom as well! :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I have my ear to the ground and I do know several folks from the Dis have asked for it......::yes::

Truly, I hope you like it when you try it!! Oh no, I like to tease Tom he doesn`t have a drink named after him in Strong Water Bar......lol.....

OMGosh, Carole, that food all looked delicious. It made me hungry, LOL.
The food from the Bula Bar at RPR looked great. I can't wait to try it and their famous nachos.
I will also try the Carole Punch at Strong Waters.
So much to look forward to:)
It's amazing how much merchandise is in those small shops at Universal. They are on our list too!

ruth

It`s all delicious in there, and oh yes....looking at food pictures when you`re hungry is not a good idea......

And of course I hope you love it too Ruth......yes, you have so much to look forward to and it`s creeping ever closer! Yes, that`s the thing about Universal, there really are so many fabulous things to buy and I`m sure you`ll be spoiled for choice!

I just read about the Bugles and the Miss Debbie products! I occasionally order from a British food store online to get some better quality chocolate. I totally understand why folks are happy with that as a gift when you come over Carol!

Oh I`ve never heard of Miss Debbie??

Yep, British chocolate is always welcome when we bring it....our luggage weight going out is always ridiculously heavy!! But, they deserve it as they look after everyone so well.

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 25TH

We tried to sleep a little later this morning as we knew we were going to have a late night at Howl o Scream tonight, but as usual, we are programmed to get up early, well, more me than Tom who could sleep if I left him to it. But, we wanted to get to the lounge to hear from Matt & Rob how it had went last night at SeaWorld.

As soon as we were showered and changed we headed down and they were just arriving same time as us, so bubbly for 3 of us......lol....well, can`t remember if Matt had any, but Rob and I certainly did......we were like partners in crime with the bubbly....if one of us went up for another, we always got the other one.....unless of course it was topped up before we got the chance which it usually was.......Tom was driving this morning so he again, abstained.

And it was so interesting hearing their thoughts on HoS. I was also interested in their thoughts on the drag bar.....as we had booked that too, so we listened as they regaled us with tales from their night, so much so it made us even more excited for tonight.

This morning we were going to the airport to pick up my cousin who was flying in with a domestic flight, her flight was going to land an hour early, which messed up my other plan slightly.

One very good friend who I was going to see was macraven.....we had arranged to meet this morning, but now our visit would be shorter than planned due to flight changes. Most folks would get an Uber or cab, but she had a nasty experience a few years ago and won`t get into a car with someone she doesn`t know, completely understandable, so Tom had offered for us to go pick her up, she was here for quite a short visit, so we probably wouldn`t even see her either for some park time or even dinner.

But, I did go down to see mac and we had a good old catch up and sorted out the world and everybody in it who annoyed us......lol.....if you`ve never met mac, she is one of the kindest ladies you`ll ever meet, so I was annoyed we couldn`t have a longer meet, and we forgot to take a picture!!! I think we get engrossed in our conversations and it`s only after we leave, we think doh!!!

I rushed up and to pick up Tom and we headed straight to the airport, and she was already waiting for us....oops.....she is funny, she is very ornery and some folks don`t get her humour, but we do thankfully.

We took her to PB where she was staying, her room was ready and once we saw she was all checked in, we headed to an earlyish lunch at Toojays which is just off Sand Lake Rd in Dr Phillips.

Typical Jewish deli, food is good and today the place was mobbed, but we managed to get a booth, and the older lady who owns the place with her husband told us we were getting our usual table!! She was right.....good memory, but she is the type of woman who keeps an eye on the ball in her restaurant.

We ordered strawberry lemonades for both of us and studied the rathe large menu, we didn`t want a huge meal, but there aren`t many small options here......Tom eventually decided on the deli dogs with bacon and cheese on top and came with fries, I went for the open faced Turkey sandwich which came with bacon and cheese, I did ask for light on the cheese which was perfect for me as I don`t eat a lot of cheese.

This food was good!!

We have always enjoyed every meal here, portions are large and quality is always good, we knew there wouldn`t be any issues here of cold food. Nope, we enjoyed this meal a lot.

i-VXSS8DW-X2.jpg

i-hpbk2FW-X2.jpg

They have a little bakery department that will spoil you completely....but we didn`t get anything today as we wanted to enjoy dinner later which was quite early due to the Halloween event, so we reluctantly walked out without buying anything.

I had enjoyed their various flavours of Rugelach in the past, but I have one Jewish friend who makes them better, hers are just, I don`t know exactly, just much nicer, I tried her recipe for one and they were nice, but they never turn out as good as hers.

We went back home and did some more laundry, yes, I am a bit of a laundry queen......but when we had some spare time it was an ideal thing to do.

During the day we had been arranging our meet up times with Janet when we`d arrive, they were already in the park and as the Magical Dining meal was in their name, they had to meet us and then we`d be escorted to the restaurant for the meal. This was ideal so we got an Uber and arrived at Seaworld in plenty of time.

We have never gone to Seaworld before, never wanted to go and not because of any propaganda, but beautiful creatures performing tricks in the guise of entertainment leaves me cold. It`s not just SW though, I hate zoos and won`t frequent them either. We do however don`t hate animals, nope....we send regular donations to the Sheldrick Trust for elephants and Kevin Richardson aka The Lion Whisperer with his lion projects....both admirable folks who genuinely care about the animals....but each to their own. So, SW had never been on our radar for many reasons.

I`m not in favour of outright bans on most things and can of course make exceptions without feeling bad......so we were looking forward to this visit a lot.

And it was bloomin hot tonight!!!

Our first ever SW picture.

i-VpKFTcV-X2.jpg

We were intruiged by SW, I listened to folks opinions that did enjoy it and it was all very positive, so we were excited although tonight we weren`t there to take advantage of rides, this was purely for Howl o Scream. If the Keishas had wanted to do some rides we would have done, but we were glad, they like us, wanted to concentrate on the houses and shows.

The coaster that`s being built here looks amazing!!!

i-x9DL4TC-X2.jpg

I had sent Janet a txt to say we were on our way so we only had a few moments before they wandered up only to head back down with our chaperone to the restaurant and of course it was so nice to be spending the evening with Janet and her mister. They had been last year when it had been their inaugural season and had really enjoyed it.

Janet and everyone else who had been all said the same thing, it was not as polished as HHN at Universal, but what they had was excellent and very reminiscent of what HHN was like many years ago before it turned into the behemoth that is now, even Mike Aiello had said the same thing, and he is Mr HHN himself!!

It was quite the walk to the restaurant, but we did get the chance to have a look at some of the merchandise on offer and it looked very nice, lots of different things that didn`t all involve fish of one kind or another......and probably the best priced of any merchandise I had ever seen in any park.

i-TCq6Bbn-X2.jpg

I think they called this the dolphin nursery, seemed an awful lot of them in that tank.

i-vSx8SNK-X2.jpg

We were glad our chaperone took us through some stores as a short cut, it was a brief respite from the heat, but we got a chance to see some more merchandise.

i-WXbfTRM-X2.jpg

i-CwMZv4Q-X2.jpg

I will say Tom took all of these pictures while we wandered on chatting all the way down there, he did catch up eventually but as this was a one and done visit for us this year, he wanted to capture certain things. And I do love a fountain or two.......

i-4wXDFbw-X2.jpg

People were clearing out as we walked down and it was nice to be able to see the specific drink stalls around the park and they were all nicely themed for the event.....

I must admit to not having my glasses on at the time, but I did ask Tom what an anti pretzel rod was :confused3.......he looked at me and said ANT....it says ant......lol.....bless him he rolls his eyes a lot at things I say!!

I think the worst eye roll he ever gave me was when I was finally asked years ago what the heck a singing eye dog was???? The incredulous look on his face was priceless as he happily informed me it was in fact a Seeing eye dog......oops. We call them Guide Dogs over here......every felt an idiot!!! But I had wondered for years about a singing eye dog......:rolleyes1

i-WBt6rkz-X2.jpg

I`m not a shot drinker at all, but I wished we`d tried the Mystery Shot here.....I said to Tom we`d get one later, but we forgot.

i-tk9PvBz-X2.jpg

We finally made it to the restaurant and saw they weren`t quite ready for the event yet, it was still early and folks were still enjoying the regular day hours in the park, but most were leaving.

i-SCjfTfS-X2.jpg

I said to Janet, I was so taken aback at just how large this park was, I genuinely had no idea it covered so much of a footprint. And we hadn`t even started yet.

i-G9BjRWq-X2.jpg

Dinner with a view up next........🦈

Carole, it's been a long time since we have been to Sea World. I really don't remember it as being so big? It seemed reasonable to me but that was years ago. I imagine it has grown like everything else. I too have heard a lot about the HoS, and all of it has been good. Can't wait to see what you and Tom think of it:)

Carole, it's been a long time since we have been to Sea World. I really don't remember it as being so big? It seemed reasonable to me but that was years ago. I imagine it has grown like everything else. I too have heard a lot about the HoS, and all of it has been good. Can't wait to see what you and Tom think of it:)

lol……maybe it just felt so large with the amount of walking we did, but it certainly was a bigger park than I ever thought it was.

And we did a lot of walking…….::yes::

lol……maybe it just felt so large with the amount of walking we did, but it certainly was a bigger park than I ever thought it was.

And we did a lot of walking…….::yes::
It’s the need to lap the lake that adds on the steps there. shows always seem to be scheduled that you tend to criss cross the park a few times in order to catch them all In a day. Still, one of the most laid back days for us on any trip to Orlando.

Looking forward to hearing your take & seeing Tom’s pics on HoS We were too busy soaking it all up to take many this year for some reason.

It’s the need to lap the lake that adds on the steps there. shows always seem to be scheduled that you tend to criss cross the park a few times in order to catch them all In a day. Still, one of the most laid back days for us on any trip to Orlando.

Looking forward to hearing your take & seeing Tom’s pics on HoS We were too busy soaking it all up to take many this year for some reason.

We both said later, we didn’t really notice it at the time how much we were walking to be fair, there were plenty of attractions and things to amuse……especially folks getting jumped out on in dark areas…….lol……they got you good a couple of times!

It was the tootsies the next day that made us realise how far we’d walked……I’d do it again though, so much fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter