Happily Ever After question for a group of 9 (with a scooter and stroller)

jacobsmommy

DIS Veteran
We will be at MK on our first park day on Sunday. There will be 9 of us: 6 adults, my 15 yo ds, my 13 yo dd, and my almost 2 year old nephew. My family has seen HEA once two summers ago. We stood in the hub behind a planter and it was a perfect spot, but we were only a group of 4 with no stroller or scooter. My dad had knee surgery two weeks ago today and rented a scooter just in case he needs it. Will he be able to bring the scooter into that area if he has it that evening? I know they have a handicapped area, but we are a larger party and I don't think we could all go in that section.

As long as it's not reserved area for the dessert parties that they are now offering, a scooter and stroller can be any where to see fireworks and parades. Enjoy your vacation!!!!

If it is the handicap area they might limit it to the ECV and one other person if it is not the handicap area you should be ok.

Also there is a disability part on this form that would be better for this question

Just be prepared to get a spot well in advance of what you did before. It's MUCH harder to maneuver the HEA hub madness with a stroller and ECV. We had to do that last year (5 adults, 6 yr old, 2 yr old, and infant with double stroller and scooter), and it was a bit stressful. We ended up asking a cast member if they could help us find a spot. (And she did, bless her heart, with her big orange wand parting the sea of people for us!)

So allow a lot of extra time to find a spot, and if all else fails, politely ask a cast member if they can help. :flower3:

Plan to get there early if you want to stay together. If you try that last minute with a group your size - not even a cast member can help you! Once the crowd becomes a sardine can, folks CAN'T move.

I'm not a huge lover of the dessert parties - but you might see if its sold out yet. Yes - that's a chunk of change - but frankly, I'd never try to navigate HEA with a scooter and a stroller myself.

Perhaps the person in the ECV could show up early for the HC viewing area and bring the person in charge of the stroller with them as their guest (so 1 more adult plus the baby). Then your dad would have someone to hang out with and the stroller would be with him and the other adult. The rest of your party could view the fireworks nearby or find whatever spot works. Not sure if you're willing to split up. I'm sure your dad would need to come early along with the adult with the stroller to get a spot. Otherwise plan to scope out spots for all of you extra early and ask a CM to make sure you're not in a reserved area (just in case!). A dessert party is also a great idea if it appeals to you and you have the extra funds - I'd definitely love to try that sometime!

Perhaps the person in the ECV could show up early for the HC viewing area and bring the person in charge of the stroller with them as their guest (so 1 more adult plus the baby). Then your dad would have someone to hang out with and the stroller would be with him and the other adult. The rest of your party could view the fireworks nearby or find whatever spot works. Not sure if you're willing to split up. I'm sure your dad would need to come early along with the adult with the stroller to get a spot. Otherwise plan to scope out spots for all of you extra early and ask a CM to make sure you're not in a reserved area (just in case!). A dessert party is also a great idea if it appeals to you and you have the extra funds - I'd definitely love to try that sometime!
Pretty sure a stroller will not be allowed in the area unless it is tagged as a wheelchair. You can take the one in the stroller and lit him or her sit on grandpa lap ( just do not drive or move the ECV with anyone on his lap ) and have one adult with them too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!